New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello. I've lived in MA for a few years now and am finally working to get my LTC. I grew up around firearms, I think my father started me on a .22 in the back yard when I was about 6 (grew up in southern ME). I've greatly missed the opportunity to shoot while I've lived here and was waiting to buy a house before thinking about keeping any firearms and now the time has come! I live in Woburn and am a little disappointed to find that I will only be allowed a restricted license, but at least I will be able to take up sport shooting again. I'm looking forward to the knowledge and discussions available here and can't wait to start contributing!

Welcome to all the newbies showing up - you found a great community here.

Both my wishlist, my collection, and my enjoyment of the hobby has grown but as a result my wallet is a bit lighter.

Yeah... seems to hit all of us that way. Well, except for Flotter390. He never seems to run out of $$$$$ to get the cool toys. [wink]

Hello and welcome JClark,

Glad to have you on the board and starting to get back into the hobby. Are you thinking of joining up Woburn Sportmans?
The first issuance of your license may come restricted but you should be able to remove that when you renew. Go for the Class A No restrictions to start anyhow. Enjoy!

Well I a member at my local club HHRG (harverhill) and Harvard Sportmans Club so I don't have much feedback on Woburn but there is a thread ongoing about it on the forum here. Let us know where you end up and if you want a walk through of Harvard just let me know.

Hello, I was finally able to get into my account as of yesterday, YIPPEEEE!!!! My name is Sandy and I have 17yrs of rifle training. I have never shot a a firearm .40 until about a month ago and I loved it. I have always shot rifles, machine guns, or grenade launchers while in the military. I live in Pflugerville, Texas which is north of Austin and work as a Medical Surgical nurse. I am currently in school to become an Internal Medicine Doctor, since I have no children and I am not married, I figured I would devote my life to helping people get better. I have gone to many gun shows, but only bought rifles. I am hoping to purchase a handgun soon, because renting one from the shooting range can get expensive. I am just not sure what to buy as of yet. Along with my love for hunting and fishing, I enjoy sports of all kinds, but hockey is my favorite, and I can only see Texas Stars locally, and drive to Dallas for the Dallas Stars. I found Northeast shooters club on accident, when looking at firearm listings and political views.

Hello and welcome to our newest Sandyswan (Sandy) and widnerkj,

Glad to have you both join the board.

Getting into the handguns are you Sandy? You know they can multiply just as fast as those rifles of yours. Hope you got the money and room for them :) Thanks for your service to our country. Look forward to seeing your posts :) And another lady to boot - very happy to see that. Now that I know your not married you better watch out... just kidding enjoy the forum.

Widnerkj, Sorry you had to make the transition from AZ to MA - I want to go the other way around. Glad you found the site helpful.

Well, the transition wasn't very difficult. As my wife moved us up here while I was on deployment. Sort of like yanking the band-aid. So far the strangest part has been that my brother had to modify my rifles to make them MA compliant. I don't mind it too much, but my 6.5 grendel looks kind of funny with the PRS stock on it instead of the UBR. I guess I have to order a longer barrel. (18" with prs stock crazy funny looking) I have come to really enjoy my little town in MA, it's pretty nice here. I just hate that I have to drive out of state in order to strech the legs of my long range rifles.

There is a couple 200-300 yard ranges in MA, the one I visit at my club requires qualification or I would invite you to shoot there.
I certainly understand what your saying about your rifles - MA modifications can suck lol.

LOL, not on my 6.5. I built the bugger. And I used a Sabre defence 18" barrel with a mid length gas system. Pretty awesome little stick. Come to think of it, all my AR's use Sabre barrels.

There is a couple 200-300 yard ranges in MA, the one I visit at my club requires qualification or I would invite you to shoot there.
I certainly understand what your saying about your rifles - MA modifications can suck lol.

I was upset that I had to have my muzzle devices silver soldered in place. Why do sheep fear muzzle breaks and what not?

When I was at the NES/Comm2A Shoot on Saturday, someone told me of a range South of Boston that was 500 yds. With CRS (and I can't see that far anyway), regrettably I can't remember where it was but perhaps someone here can post that info for our new member?

Welcome and Thank You for your service!

Greetings, I 've been around a little while reading the forums and never got around to "checking in". Just went green recently too.

I'm a revolver/Glock/1911 hybrid and am hooked on the AR platform.

This is a great shooting forum and I learn something new everyday.

I also have to admit that I check the "New Acquisitions for (insert month here)" thread at least daily...ok...several times a day....to see what everyone is getting.

Next steps are 1) Cool avatar 2) Cool signature.

Hey all,

My name is Pin-Bo, i'm new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I just moved back to MA (Westford) and the first thing I did was get my LTC. I've always been intrigued by firearms, but never owned one until recently. So basically I'm a noob looking to find a club to join and meet some other people that don't think owning a pistol or a rifle is weird. This seems like the perfect place to soak up some knowledge, ask questions and make friends. So... howdy!

Hello and welcome Soynutz7 (Pin-Bo),

I am up your way from Haverhill. Member of HHRG and HSC - for you there is always Westford and Shirley close by also.
Glad you came on board here and are becoming more active.
Look into supporting the site by going GREEN as a member and support us all by becoming a member of GOAL and donating to COMM2A.

Enjoy!!

Hello clutchcargo97 - welcome to the site. There are plenty of members from CT.
Enjoy and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hi Everyone,

I just signed up last week. New to the forum. I am from the Metro West area and just got my LTC-A license with no restrictions 3 weeks ago and still deciding on what kind of pistol to purchase for home defense and range time. Thank you.

Hellooooooo

Posted a few times on here now but got my LTC a few weeks back... Just picked up a Ruger SR9C as my first gun and am very very happy with it. I would recommend you take a look at it afrias123. Also got my green all set on here as well as GOAL and NRA memberships. [smile]

hi all just checking in from north central ma love the site , a wealth of knowledge. proud new gun owner {within the last year}

Back
Top Bottom