New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hey everyone, my forum account was finally activated and I would like to check in.
Names Kevin, currently living in fitchburg, and in the process (hopefully) of getting my Class A LTC.
I have had some previous experience with fire arms, ex-gf father used to bring me to a local gun club where I would shoot a Beretta 96A1, S&W 1911, Remington 12g ( not sure exactly which one) and a .22 rim fire I don't recall what make. and ever since I have been in love with fire arms, I would say as much as I love jeepin. This forum came highly recommended from the instructor that I received my certificate from, and from what I have read, he was right. I look forward to being a part of the community, and learning as much as I can from everyone here. Thank you.

-Kev

Hi, Just registered! Live in Taunton, MA. Recently retired MA. Correctional Officer, 32 years. I've been around guns since I was 12 and enjoy shooting handguns, tactical weapons etc. Favorite weapons Kimber first generation 45 and Glock 30 SF 45.

Hi everyone! My name is Mike, originally from Palmer MA; currently living in Southbridge, MA. The wife and I are fairly new to owning, (Class A LTC for about 3 months) and a members of the Nenameseck Sportsman's Club in Palmer. I have heard that this is the place to go when it comes to firearms and any related discussions - so here I am. I have some experience shooting a variety of firearms with friends and relatives but we only own a couple at the current time. I imagine that number will grow rapidly, I already have the itch.

Welcome to all the newbies!

NH does not require any sort of license to possess firearms, unless you want to
1) Carry concealed on your person
or
2) Carry on your person while in the car

Minor, but very important, correction...

Absent a NH P&R license, one cannot possess a loaded handgun (or any loaded magazines therefor) anywhere in a vehicle, carried on one's person or otherwise. (RSA 159:4)

Welcome to all the newbies!

Minor, but very important, correction...

Absent a NH P&R license, one cannot possess a loaded handgun (or any loaded magazines therefor) anywhere in a vehicle, carried on one's person or otherwise. (RSA 159:4)

Ah, thanks for the correction, I'll update my post to reflect that.

Nes

Nes is crap ...this is a great forum for info IF yu can post IF you can find your thread being able to add photos would be nice or maybe even some user friendly options ...a friend search would be nice ....this site needs work ...ill hang in for now but im fed up already with the bull crap

Nes is crap ...this is a great forum for info IF yu can post IF you can find your thread being able to add photos would be nice or maybe even some user friendly options ...a friend search would be nice ....this site needs work ...ill hang in for now but im fed up already with the bull crap

Well sorry you feel that way. This is one of the better forums out there especially for New England. Not sure what bull crap you think there is.
Should not be an issue of you posting unless you post something that is in appropriate, in which a mod will come around and delete and give you a warning, before a vacation. Now if you are trying to go into a members area and post or the want ads you can't post unless you pay and become a member.

Hello and welcome GUNCRAZYACE,

Your so wrong :) But that's ok because maybe you just need some tips.

1) You can post as soon as you register
2) Add photos is very simple and takes nothing more then looking at the options you have when making a post
3) You can search the forum (although the search feature is not as useful as it could be)
4) You can search for friends if you know there usernames

Feel free to ask questions as to what you don't understand. The only people I have heard complaints from before are those over 50 that just don't use the internet much.

A good way to search NES if you're having trouble with the built-in search is to use Google, and add "site:northeastshooters.com" to the end of your search. Of course, if you go green, this type of search won't work on members-only areas, but it's a good way to find stuff.

hey guys, its been more than a year since ive posted on here, so i figured id reintroduce myself... I'm Matt. I recently graduated from the PA Gunsmith School with a diploma certifying me as a "Sporting Arms Ordnance Tech." or Master Gunsmith. I'm Also a Certified Glock armorer. I'm currently a resident of the People's Republik of Massachusetts, but that may soon change if I can find work as a gunsmith in NH or VT.

Hello Matt (Peicemaker),

Awesome to have you posting again. Thanks for the re-introduction. Very cool that you are a Gunsmith. I hope you can find a good spot for your skills. Even offering them here may be a good start.

Enjoy!

Another FNG

Hello NES!

A little bit about myself... Well everyone calls me TJ, I grew up in the Merrimack Valley and moved back recently after living in California for a few years. I grew up with a grandfather that was a lifetime NRA member, avid hunter and outdoorsman, and truly the reason I am the person I am today. I also have a Force Recon Marine for a cousin and when I was younger he used to take me to the range/live fire course and run me through the ringer. Life/careers are really good at getting in the way so it's been a while since I've put any real range time in. I hope to remedy that this winter [wink]

I looked around the forum a bit last night while I was waiting for my account to be activated. I don't remember who first told me about NES but I'd heard the name a bunch of times from many individuals and even from MFS and Four Seasons. This seems like a great community and I look forward being a part of it!

Hello TJ (AlwaysArmed)

Glad to have you here and welcome. Sounds like you will fit in just fine. You already go through the process of getting licensed?
Hope it goes smooth and see you in the discussions.

Hello TJ (AlwaysArmed)

Glad to have you here and welcome. Sounds like you will fit in just fine. You already go through the process of getting licensed?
Hope it goes smooth and see you in the discussions.

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading and chimed in on a few threads, I feel like I will fit in here as well. Yes, I ran into some money problems right after my LTC class so there was a bit of a wait but I finally got everything sorted out and it should only be a few more weeks before I can go pick up my license at the PD.

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading and chimed in on a few threads, I feel like I will fit in here as well. Yes, I ran into some money problems right after my LTC class so there was a bit of a wait but I finally got everything sorted out and it should only be a few more weeks before I can go pick up my license at the PD.

My pleasure - Well glad to see your back on track to get the license. Now start thinking about what you want to get with it :)
Enjoy!

oh man, don't even get me started on what to get. it's not a matter of what i will or won't get, but what order i'll get them in lol biggest problem is a lot of the guns i've fallen in love with over the years.... are not welcome here :(

Hi! I'm new to NES. I logged on to NES because my 15 year old son is interested in applying to the Naval Academy, and he has to pick up a sport. After taking a look at their website, their pistol team (which competes in Olympic style events) caught his eye. Having grown up with bows, not guns, I have no clue where to start. I thought I might be able to educate myself here. I have to find a place for him to train, what sort of equipment to buy-basically I have to figure out everything. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a good start here. :)

Opheliaskiss, welcome (and to all others too) and check our Clubs section here for the info on a club near you. Then check their website, contact them (or ask here in the appropriate thread) about their Juniors Program. Almost all the decent clubs have one and will outfit your Son to begin with, train him, etc.

Good luck to both of you.

Welcome! I'm still new here but I read a lot of this forum often and you picked a great place to learn about the shooting sports and everything involved. Good luck [grin]

Last edited:
Hey, new to the board and just getting back into shooting, as I used to shoot rifles as a kid, and revolutionary war reenactments as a teenage (so own a black powder musket that I have shot, but after recently getting it back from someone who was still in the hobby after many years (and it came back in pieces) not sure if it's still workable...that's the winter project...anyone know of places that does repairs???). Things sure have changed in that time between then and now as I'm reading up on all the rules, or maybe I was just unaware since I was a kid.

I've been going with my uncle to HSC to get training on safety and weapon handling as well as get an idea as to what I want to shoot. Hope to get the chance to check out Townsend since it's right down the road. My next safety course is next Tuesday, and then I can apply for my LTC.

So far, I've gotten a lot of information just from reading all the other posts, and hope to get more once I'm ready to purchase and fire on my own.

-stephen-

Hello and welcome to Opheliaskiss and Night_Solstice,

Glad you have found the site and enjoyed reading up here.
Best of luck on your LTC process Stephen.

As to the juniors programs - I would inquire with GOAL also as they may have an overview of different clubs that carry them. I know Harvard Sportmans has one.

Hey All, just came across this site today while doing some basic gun information searching.
I'm from Dudley, MA and my name is Jay. I can say I have never shot a gun (well except for BB/pellet guns) [sad2]. Awhile back I got my license and do to various reasons (mostly financial) just haven't yet bought a gun. I am now in full search mode as I'm planning to buy in the next couple of months. I'm looking for a semi-auto pistol in the $500 range, likely 9mm or .40. There seems to be a decent amount of quality guns in that range, which is good.
Anyway I'm looking forward to getting into shooting as I have no doubt I'll enjoy it. I'm glad I found this site and will be doing much reading here in the near future.
Thanks!

Hello All

Hello All,

Figured I might as well join the community after lurking around the Gun Show area of the forum for the past 2 days. I live in NH and have recently taken up the whole aspect of owning and shooting firearms. Both my wishlist, my collection, and my enjoyment of the hobby has grown but as a result my wallet is a bit lighter.

I look forwards to learning more about this hobby and improving my skill set as time goes on.

Been around for a few months... no issues with searching, posting, pics, or going green. [smile]

Found the site several years ago when looking for information about friendly towns in MA. The information definitely played a role in our decision when we bought a house two years ago. I came to MA for school over 15 years ago, and never seemed to make my way back to PA. It will be nice to get back into shooting, but man is it a different world around here! Took a safety course last month and plan to submit my paperwork for LTC-A this week (damn references!). Patience is not necessarily one of my strong suits, a little CMP shoot yesterday helped lessen the pain. Haven't shot a Garand since I was 16, and that was in a backyard and definitely not at 100yd!

Hello Kharma :)

Welcome and thanks for saying hello. Yup MA is a whole different world when it comes to the firearms community. I hope your LTC process goes well and you can get it without issue. Glad to see you getting back into the sport and enjoy the fine forum.

Back
Top Bottom