New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hi All,

Another Newbie coming in, I've been lurking around this forum since before my LTC arrived and now decided to become a Member and start getting to know people here. So far I have a M&P 9c, a S&W 1911 (full size) and an M&P 15 Sport (Best impulse buy Ever!) Planning on joining North Andover sport mans club and really start working on my aim [smile]

J

Hi All,

Another Newbie coming in, I've been lurking around this forum since before my LTC arrived and now decided to become a Member and start getting to know people here. So far I have a M&P 9c, a S&W 1911 (full size) and an M&P 15 Sport (Best impulse buy Ever!) Planning on joining North Andover sport mans club and really start working on my aim [smile]

J

Welcome! Great name, "AmmoSapien." I'm at the Andover Sportsmen's Club. If you need anything or want a look-see just PM me.

Hey everyone,
I have been lurking here for a while, and am now just writing to say hi. I live in the Western Mass region near Northampton, and have been around firearms all of my 26 years of existence, but have just recently made my first purchases under my name.
Currently own a S&W M&P9c, and on saturday for the tax free weekend I purchased a slightly used Ruger M77 Hawkeye .223, and absolutely love it. It even came with a Tasco 6-24 scope which I am not the biggest fan of, but I can patiently wait to get a better quality one later on. I am just a target shooter(nothing against Tasco, but the lenses are fogged up, and I prefer Nikon), but carry the 9mm for personal protection.
I currently shoot at Norwottuck (too small), and have been a member of Chicopee Sportsmans Club in the past when I was younger, but am looking for other 300 yard ranges to shoot at in the Western Mass area. What are some suggestions other than CSC?
Thanks, Hudock08

Hello and welcome to our newest Alex0311, AmmoSapien and Hudock08,

Welcome to each one of you.
Thank you for your service Alex.

Sounds like each one of you have gotten a good start into the hobby. The forum is a great place to meet some other shooters and enjoy the sport. Hope to see you all in the discussions.

Hello everyone,
Thought I would introduce myself again. I posted here several months back when I was facing a military move to MA, and got lots of good advice. Well, I'm here now, living in Northbridge. The red/green map on this site was really useful during house hunting; we were able to rule out and avoid the non-green towns. Got my MA driver's license, then my unrestricted LTC-A with zero problems (other than six week's worth of standing by the mailbox, waiting...)--the police here are really great. You guys think your laws are bad, you should try living in MD--at least it's POSSIBLE to get a CCW license here without documented proof of multiple death threats!

I've been doing a lot of reading on the forums and am enjoying it. Tons of good and entertaining information here. So I just wanted to say hello again, and I'll be lurking around.

Thanks yanici,

I stopped by Andover a few weeks ago and got a brief tour, I think the guys name was Jimmy...Now I just have to send in the Application and wait till the 1st meeting in Sept. Hey, you know if their indoor range allows .223 or just handguns? Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the club in Sept [grin]

J

From the indoor range rules. The list of allowed ammo. You can shoot jacketed, BTW. You'll have to shoot your .223 outdoors unless you have a hangun that shoots it.[shocked]

Andover Sportsmen's Club
Rules as of December 4, 2008
Page 10 of 13
INDOOR RANGE
Caliber . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Air gun lead pellets, any handgun up to 45 caliber - The use of
magnum ammunition of any kind is strictly prohibited.

Maximum Load . . . . . . . . . . Standard and High velocity (except Magnum)

Firearm types . . . . . . . . . . . . Air guns, handguns and only rifles shooting .22LR, .22Short,
.22CB, or .22 BB caps are allowed.

Hello Scatter,

Thanks for checking back in on the welcome thread.
Glad to hear of the success you had in the move into MA and acquiring your LTC.
Makes me happy to know the resource you used on the forum helped determine a suitable place for you to live without running into restrictions on your rights.

Hope to see you posting more and think about going green as a paid member the benefits are outstanding.

Hi!

I've been lurking for a while and this has been a great resource. It seems like there are at least a dozen experts on any subject no matter how obscure, and the info on licensing in different MA towns is by far the best anywhere. It was a factor when I chose my current residence (and therefore in how I just got my unrestricted class A) so thanks a bunch for that [grin].

Until I started the LTC process about two months ago my last direct experience with firearms had been over a decade ago at summer camp, so I'm still so much of a beginner that I don't even know what I don't know. The safety class turned out to be everything I'd learned for the rifle shooting merit badge back in Boy Scouts, so at least that was reassuring.

The only problem I'm having now is that my list of what I want to buy is growing much faster than my budget. I guess the optimistic way to look at it is that I'll never have trouble thinking of things to ask Santa for [wink].

Hello Spaceman,

Welcome and thank you for the support to the forum by becoming a paid member.
I am happy to hear the site was useful in finding a good residence where your rights are actually allowed.
So did you pick anything out yet? Are you a member of any club yet?

I don't even know what I don't know.

A wise man!! Keep that attitude, Spaceman - it will serve you well.

The only problem I'm having now is that my list of what I want to buy is growing much faster than my budget.
Yeah, that's a problem that a lot of us have. [laugh] And good on you for going green. That gets you access to the members only shoots where you can try out lots of stuff (to add to that list!).

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here at NES. I have been stalking the forums for a while now, and as of this morning I finally have my class A ALP (in Salem no less). So to celebrate I figured that going green was in order! I used to shoot allot as a kid growing up in Virginia, and I never gave having to get a firearms license a second thought until I moved...... here. Well now that the 4 month ordeal is finally over, I am ready to hit the range once more and I am looking for some advice. I was never big in to clay sports as a kid, but became interested in the sport a few years back when I had the opportunity to pop a few clays in Vermont. I am looking for an O/U style shotgun in the >/=$500 range. I would not mind a used gun if it were in good shape, but would prefer something new. I know this forum is bursting with many helpful and knowledgeable members and can't wait to be counted among you. Thanks for any and all future help!

Diegeist

So did you pick anything out yet? Are you a member of any club yet?

I got a Ruger SR9c during the tax-free weekend (I'm sure Beacon Hill is thrilled with my timing [smile]). I was looking at something in 9mm for a balance of reasons (including keeping practice reasonably affordable) and tried about half a dozen from different manufacturers over a few trips to different places. I liked the feel of a rental SR9 and when I held the compact version in a store I liked it even more. The fact that it was the least expensive out of my short-list was the icing on the cake after I'd already decided.

I've been looking at several clubs (just online window-browsing so far) but haven't joined one yet. Thus far I've been going to public ranges, but the expense and driving time add up quickly so joining a club is definitely going to be the way to go. So far Harvard Sportsmen's Club looks like the top contender since it's conveniently nearby and the facilities seem to include everything I'd be looking for (and then some). I've been trying to get to one of the public events to check it out and maybe meet someone to be a sponsor, but haven't had a chance to yet because I often don't get home from work until late.

Hey guys. Name's Ben. Been lurking for quite a while and finally getting around to posting up. Hoping to convince the wife to let me cough up the funds for a membership at some point. Born and raised in Lynn, MA, but got married and now living up in Manchester, NH. The best thing about the move was the gun laws :). Looking forward to hopefully meeting some locals. It's nice to see a bunch of like minded people in the area....You guys got a great thing going here, thats for sure! ;)

I got a Ruger SR9c during the tax-free weekend.

So far Harvard Sportsmen's Club looks like the top contender since it's conveniently nearby and the facilities seem to include everything I'd be looking for (and then some). I've been trying to get to one of the public events to check it out and maybe meet someone to be a sponsor, but haven't had a chance to yet because I often don't get home from work until late.

Good choice; I picked one up a few months ago. Still need to get a decent holster for it and a couple more spare mags (you can never have enough...).

HSC is a great club. They've got the IDPA Regionals this weekend so you can go and check it out if you want.

Hello Shotgunbenny :)

Welcome to the forum. Nice little move from Lynn to Manchester - I am sure you will be happy there.
Glad you introduced yourself - know get into the discussions and enjoy.

Spaceman - I am a member at HSC and the place is great. You will have no problem checking out the grounds with all the events but if you want to hit it up with me sometime just let me know.

Hi...Im BravoWhiskey, i live in mass,im 19 and i like to exercise my rights [smile].

Omigawd, Martha! It's one o' them there TERRorists, lookin' for his raghts!!!
Run.gif

Welcome aboard, BravoWhiskey.

hello, I am JT, 23 years old fired alot of firearms, bought my remington 870 express a year ago, you can check it out in the gun gallery, and no my username is not my xbox live GT. i am a truck driver (not a fat one by the way) and i feel you must have some home defense equipment... mine just happens to be 00 buck, and thats just fine by me. i'll sure i'll get to know all of you soon.

Hello JT,

Welcome to the site, hope you come to enjoy it as much as all of us here.
Look forward to seeing you in the discussions.;

Hey yall. Just reporting in, I'm new here but have been shooting for a while. Looking forward to getting to know this community. I have a whole lotta guns!

Hello 18Bravo,

If you got a whole lotta guns you should fit in fine.
Think about going green and sharing even more with us at an NES event.
Hope to see you posting.

Howdy all, I'm Jeremy from Athol, MA. Been shooting since I was about 9 or 10, I'm 23 now. Building up my collection as best I can, at 9 right now. I found this place by chance through a google search for a gun store that you guys had a review on.

im new to this site i live in NC i was from Mass but we moved becouse guns are "scary" up there lol. I have a savage 308 my mom(Patsfan28301) has a few that i have shot such as her AR-15 which she bought the upper and lower on here and a mossburg 500.

I'm 22 and just applying for my LTC-A, I stumbled upon this site while looking for information on Massachusetts Laws about Concealed Carry. I'm fairly new to guns. I shot some rifles with my grandfather before but nothing too involved. I grow up in the country where nearly every one could leave their cars and houses unlocked and have no concern about getting robbed and vandalized. Now that I've got my own place in a more populated area, I would feel a lot more comfortable having personal protection. Any ways I applied for My LTC a little over 2 weeks ago and I felt this seemed like a good place to communicate with other gun enthusiasts.

Back
Top Bottom