• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hey guys my name is Mike, I am from Peabody, MA, and I just turned 21 on July third. Last month I bought a Crosman pellet rifle and last week I bought a daisy pellet pistol. I spend about an hour a day shooting paper targets in my garage with the pistol and its very addicting.

Yesterday I took a firearms safety course at Boston Firearms Training Center in Revere. It was awesome to finally learn how to use and handle handguns and revolvers. When we went to the shooting range I actually had the best score in my class from about 15 ft away im not sure exactly what handgun we used though.

Today I joined the NRA and when I leave work I am going right to the police station to pass in my ltc application. Very eager to start going to shooting ranges but I have been reading about wait times for the ltc and I guess i cant really get my hopes up for it to happen anytime soon.

Looking foward to future discussions. If you are in my area feel free to pm me with any advice or places to start shooting.

Hello Mike,

Glad to have you on board, sounds like you got the process started right. Hope to hear you got your LTC in a reasonable amount of time.
Plenty of great knowledge and good folk here. Hope you come to enjoy it as much as the rest of us. You should also think about joining GOAL and seeing what other local 2A organizations you can support. We need all the help we can get to continue enjoying our passion.

Hi,

My name is Nick. I’m originally from Littleton, MA. I’m from a family of gun owners and military members. I’m currently in Jacksonville, NC where it is truly the land of the free.

I’m a school trained 2111/Small Arms Repair in the Marine Corps. I currently work as a 2112/Precision weapons repair and specifically work on M40A3/5 Sniper Rifles for the Marine Corps. I have machined out about nine or ten 80% lower receivers and built many fine, and highly MA illegal AR-15s while being in NC. I have an advanced knowledge of firearms, especially military and have been working at the Marine Corps’ largest Armory for the past 4 years.

I’m headed out of the Marines soon, and am trying to cope with the loss of the true second amendment when I come home. I’m 25, have my handgun safety training certificate and plan on getting my LTC as soon as I get home. My father is a lifetime GOAL and NRA member, and I plan to do the same upon returning home. I have been to a couple GOAL events when I was in my youth, and have personally met Wayne LaPierre at one of them.

To sum it up, I love guns, hate MA state laws, would like to get into a little bit of gunsmithing. I will do everything I can to acquire pre-ban items for those in need. I have a lot of connections to other Marines who live in free states and they are willing to help out too.

I found out about this site through Google, and this site has answered 99% of my MA gun law questions. Thanks Guys!

Hi Folks!

My name is Chris and as you might have guessed from my chosen screen name, I am originally from Texas and now live in York, ME.

I have been hunting and shooting since I was old enough to hold a gun and appreciate just how a vital tool firearms can be for our safety, survival and freedom. I also spent time in the Army back in the 90's.

I am 36 years old, married to the same wonderful woman for the last 17 and she has given me three beautiful daughters. (They're all pretty good shots too!)

I have lived up here for about 5 years and I was a member of the South Berwick Rod and Gun Association. Due to an unbelievably busy work schedule I let my membership lapse so I haven't been to the range in a while. I plan to rejoin in August and am looking forward to getting back to it with gusto! I am also an NRA member.

I'm glad to find this forum as I hope to both use and contribute to it as much as possible. I would like to find a place to hunt up here in Southern ME since I haven't done nearly as much of that as I would like in the past decade. I am also very interested in getting into competition shooting. My accuracy over the years has slipped a bit and I want to push myself to not only fix the problem but, to get even better. 3-Gun Competition seems to be exactly up my alley so any tips for that are appreciated.

I'm very glad to be here and I look forward to getting to know you folks!

Thanks!

Hello Nick (nhh223) and Chris (Ex-Pat Texan)

Glad to have you both on the board here. Sounds like you both have found the right place to enjoy with your fellow shooters.
Hope to see you posting and welcome to the forum.

hello everyone, my name is chris. im from southwick, ma. ive been shooting since i was very young and have enjoyed the outdoors all my life. i recently recieved an honorable discharge from the Army where i spent 6 years as Military Police. i was also our Unit Armorer in Germany so im pretty good with military weapons and all the other high-tech gadgets they use. Currently i own a glock 27, beretta 92, a mossberg 12ga with the mossy oak, and an old muzzleloader from my grandfather. looking to get some more soon. ive been a long time lurker and i decided to go ahead and sign up. looking forward to picking some brains on here for some knowledge, and hopefully getting a chance to pass on a little of my own.

Hello Chris (MPKeeley)

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your service. Glad you found the forum. Jump right in the discussions and enjoy!

Hello everyone. I'm from Northern NH.I am a hunter and fishermen.I spend ALOT of time riding my snowmobile in the winter.I love to shoot and recently participated in my first pistol match.I have my CCL.I have a safe full of weapons,most are dedicated hunters.My favorite though is an older Hi point 995 carbine that I picked up for next to nothing and have been tinkering with and adding onto.super fun gun! never fails.I've put 300 rds thru it in an afternoon without a glitch.just purchased a Rossi 4" .357 and am looking forward to its arrival.I am a father of 3 and have been married for 14 yrs.

Good Day Gentlmen, My name is Russ and I live in Wrentham. Was looking for a gun club to join and saw a members post about Angle Tree Gun Club. The post took me here and I felt I had found some kindred spirits. I'm an NRA and GOAL member and now a member here. I'm considering joining Comm2A. Agree with the disparaging remarks about this State, have wanted to move to Vermont for years. My family heritage is rooted there. Unfortunately jobs have trapped us here and I feel a responsibility to vote and try to alter the control applied by the mutants, morons and mental defectives the run this State.

Hi I'm Alex, or Al, and I live in Wakefield, MA. I'm 17 and I've never actually been shooting, but now that I'm getting my FID, I plan on going as much as possible. I'll be shooting till I die.

I enjoy sports and anything competitive. I also hate Deval Patrick, but I'm not looking to get into any heated political debates on the internet.

This is a great useful forum that I hope to be a member of for many years to come.

Howdy all,
Great informative site! I have a lot to re-learn.
Been lurking for a while. I am happy to have an interest in firearms again. Where have i been?
I received my firearm knowledge over 25 years ago now from a departed friend "bud" Hebditch. Hope some of you were fortunate to know him and were there to say farewell. Unfortunately and sadly i was not.
Just received my blue in the state of R.I where i reside (for now) formerly a Cape Cod resident, looking to head back someday.
The wife and i own 3 long guns & i'm looking for a pistol purchase and hopefully some furniture ( huge Garand / M1 carbine fan) in the future.
Surfing has stolen my allowance money all these years. I think my board purchases in that arena is set for a while.
I have served ~ Nat. Guard/ Active RA
Jrjr referred me to this site, thanks bro.

~Monkey

Hello and welcome to you Russ, Al, and Steel.
Sounds like you each will be bringing your own unique views to the site.
You are certainly in a good group of people here so enjoy it.
Hope to see you all posting.

Hi, I obtained my LTC here on the Cape last year (Also have Florida LTC). I own a Sig Sauer P226 for home and range and carry a Kahr PM9. I have been enjoying shooting at the outdoor public range in Barnstable and at the Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club with a member/friend. I would like to join a club closer to home soon. NES looks like a fantastic site and am anxious to getting on it daily.
.......konthecape

Hey all,

Name is Matt, been a longtime reader of all the wisdom here and am now joining as I am becoming a dedicated gun owner. I have a Beretta 92, my first gun (and love). I just bought a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Sport as my first rifle. I am pretty psyched about it and decided to register to pick the collective experience of what seems to be a great community. So, thanks for all the info I've gleaned in the past and I look forward to participating here.

Matt

Hi froim Maine

My name is Ed and I'm from Maine. Retired LEO - been shooting for 60 years or so; mostly plinking now. Like all guns but lean toward revolvers.

Hello and welcome bokeIdol and Fire in the hole- thanks both for your support by becoming a member.
Hope you come to enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us.

Welcome raveneap1 (Ed) - make yourself at home, we always like another wheel gun shooter in the mix.

What's up guys. Noobie here looking to get my LTC for the first time in Worcester. a friend highly recommended this forum so here i am!

I've been reading and a lot of post on here and it seems the consensus is that it is really hard to get an unrestricted LTC in worcester. My friend just got his unrestricted LTC and it only took him 2 months he said. It was his first time applying too. Maybe I'll get lucky?

Say hey

Moderately new shooter, Massachusetts based. Started out as self defense planning, turned (predictably) into a passionate avocation. Female, for sure.

Hello Jimmyjtn and GypsyQueen,

Glad to have you both on board, best of luck with the LTC process Jimmy let us know how you make out.
Happy to have another female shooter on the board, you will be glad to know there are plenty of others here also.

Enjoy the forum and look forward to seeing you both in the discussions.

Moderately new shooter, Massachusetts based. Started out as self defense planning, turned (predictably) into a passionate avocation.

Heh, heh, heh... our evil plan is working.

Now... if we can only get Sarah Brady, Chuck Schumer and John Rosenthal to a range and get them hooked on shooting...

(Yeah, I know Rosenthal claims he shoots. I call BS. Pics or it never happened.)

Hi guys and gals.
My name is Shaun and I'm a noobie shooter. After 30 something years I finally decided to get my LTC this year and have fallen in love with shooting. Mostly shoot handguns and went to my first IDPA match this month. Had a blast!! Love reading the forum and the great knowledge everyone is willing to offer up to help others.

Happy to have you here Shaunss (Shaun)

You will find this forum to be a great place to help enjoy your hobby. Have fun and be safe.
What club you joining?

Hi folks. New shooter here. Just shot for the first time mid June and now it will be 5 weeks tomorrow waiting for my LTC-A from Bellingham. A friend of mine brought me to his range and I got to fire a M1 Garand, 1918 model 1911 colt, and S&W 22A. Filled out my paperwork the next day and here I am watching the clock tick away until I get the call from the PD.

Back
Top Bottom