• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Welcome to the forum Robr112,

Hope to hear you get your license in soon. Glad you found a passion for the hobby when you got to shoot. Sounds like you will fit right in :)

Hey Shaunss,

Cool I was wondering if you had any thoughts about becoming a member at Harvard as I became a member not too long ago. Have fun and enjoy.

Hi all. I'm not too much for sharing lots of personal information on forums, especially ones like this where The Man is watching, but I'm here, have my LTC, and hope to join Harvard next month. Thanks for all the great information on the forum, it certainly made the LTC process less stressful, and lowered my anxiety about exercising a right folks almost everywhere else take for granted.

I can't say how active I'll be on here, but it seems like a great community of folks, and I seem to find myself here quite a bit, and have found a few forum areas of interest beyond shooting.

I went green to thank you all for having this place, and it looks like it will pay for itself.

Psst! You non-green folks! There's a Champagne Room back here!

I just joined this forum and am a member of HSC as well. I usually hang out on the 100 yard range or class 3 range. I'll be there Sunday at 100 yards sighting in my AR15 for a CMP match next month in the afternoon.

I'll bring my HK33 as well so you will hear me there around 2 or 3pm.

Mark

Hi guys, I'm new to shooting and in the process of applying for my LTC-A. QPD made me wait one month but I'll finally be fingerprinted next week; any tips are welcome. Thanks!

Hi folks! I'm from the Somerville/Cambridge/Boston area and I am interested in collecting all things related to:
* M79 Grenade Launcher
* RPG-7 Shoulder-Fired Rocket Launcher (Or the Type 69 RPG)
* 40mm Bofors Gun
* Spanish Civil War Rifles (especially the Spanish Mauser 1893 and the Russian Mosin-Nagant 1891)
* Russian Civil War Rifles

I also know a lot about artillery and will help anyone with any questions or requests they have.

I am also interested in historical tabletop wargaming if anyone would like to give it a shot, at Pandemonium Books in Central Square, Cambridge.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to our newest members:
MarkC, Vagrant, Bunker Dog

Hope you all enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us here.
Jump into the discussions and look forward to hearing from you all.

Hello all. I've been lurking for a while now and thought I'd say hi.

I currently live in Reading, but we're looking at places in Southborough, Hopkinton, etc... area. Haven't applied yet for LTC. Going to wait until I move to a more sensible town.

Anyways i'm a 26 year old Geotechnical engineer and I love all mechanical; cars and guns first and foremost.

Lots of good information here. Hopefully i'll be able to make it to some NES events once I get my LTC and bring some of my guns up from CT.

Here's a list of the firearms my father and I share:

M1
M1 carbine( Both M1's were sent back in pieces by my grandfather from Normandy. They are very nice...)
Colt 1911
Ruger .44 superhawk/blackhawk? Don't remember exactly which. Has a ridiculous 11" barrel or some such nonsense and is basically a hand cannon/ flamethrower
.22LR rifle- unknown make
Unknown old 12 gauge
.38 special snub nose

That's all I can remember at the moment.

Hello Sloth welcome to the forum.
Wish you the best of luck finding the right spot for your family.
Enjoy and look forward to hearing how you make out on the LTC.

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure how I stumbled on this forum, but I'm glad I did! There are tons of fishing forums out there (surf talk, 360 tuna, etc.), and so it's good to see one dedicated to shooting. I live in MA, my only firearm so far is a 700 heavy barrel with nice glass, and am looking to get a good reloading set before I give in and pick up anything else.

I just moved back to MA from living in the DC area for 10 years (was there for school, not so much by choice) - and let me tell you, the mere mention of the word "firearm" or "gun" will get you expelled from most crowds. It's amazing how narrow minded the inner city DC crowd is, and their hatred for firearms is based on the most ill informed, irrational and sophomoric arguments. These views are spewed from the mouths of what most people would consider the well educated social elite. Logic and statistics hold no ground with them.

Sorry for the rant - I am extremely happy to be back up north!!! :)

Hello Juice,

Welcome to the forum glad you found us. Sorry to say MA is not much if any better then DC but sounds like you know the routine.
You will be happy with the amount of knowledge and how many laughs we have here.
Enjoy and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Hello NES folks! Just got my LTC Class A from the town of Dracut. ran across this site while getting info for gun laws in Mass. Seem like the members are full of knowledge, so I signed up. Fairly new to firearms but was always interested in them.

Hello Juice,

Welcome to the forum glad you found us. Sorry to say MA is not much if any better then DC but sounds like you know the routine.
You will be happy with the amount of knowledge and how many laughs we have here.
Enjoy and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

Wow.. just found out I can't have powder, bullets, or primers shipped to MA.

Hello and Welcome Tony2Times,

Have you joined a club yet at all? Have fun and be safe.

Hello NES folks! Just got my LTC Class A from the town of Dracut. ran across this site while getting info for gun laws in Mass. Seem like the members are full of knowledge, so I signed up. Fairly new to firearms but was always interested in them.

Wow.. just found out I can't have powder, bullets, or primers shipped to MA.

Ah, yes... the ice cold douche of reality hits. You'll find that a lot of people in your situation are also kicking themselves, asking why they didn't just keep going north another 50 miles or so to New Hampshire.

Well, RI isn't that far away from Wrentham, so you can slip over the border and buy your stuff there.

Well hello everyone just registered recently but started having Internet problems so I couldn't jump in and say hi, well me and the wife have scheduled are LTC. coarse and are going for a class A, and we doo live in a red town and have been here 6 years, I have spoke to the licensing officer about my past which all case were dismissed and he says I should have no problem so as we go along this journey I will keep you all informed and at the end I'll let you know what town I'm in, "stay safe"

My pleasure Tony, glad to hear you already got yourself a club to call home.
Now consider supporting your local 2A Organizations like GOAL, and COMM2A

Have a great one

Hi everyone I just moved back to Foxborough into the house that I grew up in. I lived in Virgina for about 10 years and am very happy to be home. I am still looking for a club to join. I have a Sig 229 equinox in 40 S&W that I have had for a year or so. I work on a ship 4 months on 4 months off and have to carry an M-9 on my hip and an M-14 on my shoulder. I have to get certified with these every 6 months or so. I have been around guns/weapons for oh about 19 years but have been able to avoid carrying at work most of the time. My job is Navigational Officer and to tell the truth the 14 is a bit overkill but as I work for the government I do what I am told. I know many of you will confuse Merchant Marine with the USMC so I will say that I am not in the military but work in support of them carrying US Government cargo IE what the armed forces need to have to complete the mission. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself.
Bill

Hi everyone I just moved back to Foxborough into the house that I grew up in. I lived in Virgina for about 10 years and am very happy to be home. I am still looking for a club to join. I have a Sig 229 equinox in 40 S&W that I have had for a year or so. I work on a ship 4 months on 4 months off and have to carry an M-9 on my hip and an M-14 on my shoulder. I have to get certified with these every 6 months or so. I have been around guns/weapons for oh about 19 years but have been able to avoid carrying at work most of the time. My job is Navigational Officer and to tell the truth the 14 is a bit overkill but as I work for the government I do what I am told. I know many of you will confuse Merchant Marine with the USMC so I will say that I am not in the military but work in support of them carrying US Government cargo IE what the armed forces need to have to complete the mission. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself.
Bill

Welcome Bill!

Mansfield F&G offers the most flexibility in allowing you to practice drawing from the holster, shooting on the move, etc. No other local club in that area (TTBOMK) allows that much flexibility. There are two outdoor ranges there, 50 yd (where you can shoot at any distance) and 100 yd and rifles are allowed on both ranges. There is no clubhouse (figure another year before it's rebuilt) due to a building collapse this past Winter. An indoor range was being constructed before the collapse, but I'm sure that the setbacks that hit the club will mean that it will be a number of years before we get back on track for that project. It's still a very nice club for those of us more focused on self-defense purposes rather than bullseye shooting. If you want to check it out sometime, just send me a message and I'll be happy to do so.

Hello and welcome Bill (Wbuhrig)

Lens suggestion is a good one especially as to your location for a local club.
Depending on the distance you want to travel there is other options also.
Hope you can find a club that you like to call home.

Hi all, another noob here! I'm Nick, located in Dedham (MA). I've shot a number of guns over the years, but not very consistently so I'm pretty much starting from scratch. I decided to get my license couple months ago, and picked up a Ruger SR40 last month (bought it at Four Seasons). Having a great time with it, and learning to shoot better. I've mostly been going to AFS in Attleboro and Original Bob's in Salisbury (gotta love shooting that FN PS-90 they have).

I'm hoping to find a club in the area. Looks like Massapoag, Braintree, or maybe FF&F in Millis? I haven't been out to any of them, but it seems like the forums are showing those to be the best within 30 mins or so of me. Ideally, I'd like a place that lets you shoot centerfire rifles, but it's not a huge issue as I don't actually own one yet. An indoor range is definitely a requirement, though. PM me if you have a vote.

Anybody in Dedham who would like to meet up or show off their collection, let me know! I'm relatively new to the scene, but I'm interested in eventually getting into action shooting and possibly skeet/trap.

Cheers!!

-Nick

Hello Nick,

Welcome to NES. If you post some of the clubs your interested in checking out I am sure there are a few members willing to show you around.
If your willing to travel my vote goes to Harvard... since your going up to bob's its no further the other way for you.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to register. I moved to Mass. about two years ago, from Rhode Island. I've been heavily considering becoming a member at Mansfield F&G, as that is where I took my LTC class and I liked what I saw.

-Tre003

Hello Tre003,

Welcome to the forum. Don't think go ahead and do :) You will enjoy the hobby much more if you have a local club or favorite club that will make you want to go out and shoot. I like Mansfield the times I have visited. Enjoy and be safe.

Hey yall, my names Zac I'm currently residing in waltham. Im really starting from scratch here, looking to get my ltc which i know will be a major pita and move forward in my security job. I've been lurking for awhile here and look forward to learning much.

Hello Zac (zm88)

Best of luck on your LTC process. Let us know how you make out with it.
You will find plenty of knowledge - I see you have been registered here since 2009 - nice to finally post a hello.
Look at supporting the Forum by going green in a paid membership... the benefits completely outweigh the costs.

Enjoy and be safe.

Hey everyone

I'm a new guy checking in. I did four years in the Marine Corps from 2005-09, as a Rifleman in 1st BN 8th Marines and Marksmanship Coach at the Rifle Range on Stone Bay. I got out an now I'm living in Massachusetts and going to school for my Bachelor's degree. I put in for my Class A LTC earlier this month and now just waiting for the state to do its end of the bargain. I haven't touched a weapon since 2008, so I can't wait to start shooting again. Looking forward to being a member here.

Sempers

Alex

Back
Top Bottom