• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, where are my manners? Hi there! I'm Gary.

I've been meaning to introduce myself for quite a while, but the desire to maintain a low profile has been overwhelming my social graces. Then again, I'm an engineer, so I'm expected to maintain the stereotype of having limited social skills.

I'm somewhere between rational, mature adult and crusty old codger (but more and more of the latter every day). I started down the twisted path of gun ownership in Massachusetts about 25 years ago (not too long after I moved to MA). I went to purchase BBs for an air rifle I'd had for years and the clerk told me I needed an FID card just to buy BBs!

Well, if I needed an FID card, I might as well get something that actually justified having it, right? From there, it wasn't a great leap to figure I might as well get an LTC. And if I'm going to have an LTC, it might as well be an LTC-A, ALP, just to be on the safe side. And a C&R is nice to have, too. (Oh, that one may bankrupt me yet.) I caught myself the other day looking into MG licensing, but turned back from the abyss.

I've been a member at Mystic Valley GC for a number of years and hope to get off my posterior and join Mass Rifle next year. I need a serious adjustment in my armchair to shooting ratio.

I found Northeastshooters from a post over on the Somethingawful.com Firing Range forum. I must say, I'm quite impressed with how knowledgeable and helpful people here are. And those who aren't helpful are at least, ahem, "entertaining" [thinking] . I hope I can contribute to the community because I certainly have benefitted greatly from it so far.

-Gary

Last edited:
Hello all I am from New Jersey (Not by Choice) Lived my Teen years in Greenfield Mass. Glad to find this site. Was begining to think everyone in Mass was nuts.."Not really" Spent most of my life in North Carolina and miss it.

Today's a good day

Hey all just wanted to let you know that:
Yeeeeessssssssssssirrrrrrr, today is a good day. Just picked up my LTC ALP!
Feels good! First time applicant.

JMJ[smile]

Last edited:
Forumites:

New member checking in. Followed a link from the mAss Backwards blog.
Just starting to browse the different sub-forums, looks like some good info out there. I'm looking forward to participating in the forum.

Chris Sheehy

New member. Just joined a few days ago. Self employed/businessowner, been shooting and reloading for over 30 years. Love to shoot (do all 4 diciplines except for belt feds), play with horses especially my own, Red Sox & Cardinals fan....not much more to it. Really enjoy the forum. Very nice people here. Hope to chat with you all soon.

Hey all...I stumbled onto NES about a week ago and have been enjoying the site since, I have also really appreciated those who have taken the time to offer up a minute of thier time and help me try to get some questions answered.

Good evening all. Tripped over the site while surfing the web . Decided to pick myself up and stay awhile. I'm a MA. native (not bragging), I find a lot of your topics very informative and and see there are quite a few others of like mind on a # of issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom