New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay Center

Some of you may be wondering why a guy from Fredericksburg, Virginia, better yet a native of Kauai in the State of Hawaii registered for this site that appears to be mainly comprised of New Englanders. Well I will tell you!

Upon returning home today from a cold motorcycle (Harley) ride I check my email only to find a person by the name of Derek Hoskins sent me a message basically saying what the hell am I up too. In todays world of emails we tend to get a spam here and there so I had to read it a few times to let it sink in and wondering where have I heard that name before.

Then I remembered back in 1994 as a memeber of the MCRD San Deigo Shooting Team I had a teammate with that name. So I put North East Shooters and the name together and knew it could only be one person but than I also knew him to be from Minnesota. Now a transplant to MA.

Than I also remembered what kind of person this former Marine was. A very squared away individual whom I enjoyed watching on the range be it pistol or rifle. If I remember right he went distinguished in less than a year.

One moment that really stuck with me over the years is the incident that he once had. See Derek love the sport of hockey and unfortunately received and injury. I don't remember if it was his leg or arm. What I do remember was that the whole team got banned from playing any sports that could potentially jeoperdize our shooting abilities. Derek was a natural. He did not let the injury hold him down. He stepped up to the firing line and performed flawlessly.

My shooting career evolved from the time spent on the same ranges as Derek. We stressed mental management a lot. Many of times during my shooting stages I reflected back on seeing how Derek approached the firing line to the stages of his firing. I believe he is also a person who does not utilize prep time. Correct me if I am wrong Derek. I know one of our member did not go up to the line until firing was in progress.

Anyways as you all most likely already know, the administrator of this site is a class "A" individual. Thanks for the reconnection buddy!

Best Regards,

John

Last edited:
Welcome LngRngShooter. Hope you enjoy it here. We have a few others from out of NE here also.[grin] Make yourself at home and feel free to add your 2 cents also.

Gunny T,

It's awesome to have you aboard. You still own the best display of 1000 yard shooting I've seen with that 196 and change at that Boulder City match in Utah. Not to mention I still haven't been able to make jerky as good as you can. [wink] It's awsome to hear from you again.

Derek

ETA: I broke my left wrist and it was in a cast before the divisonial matches. I had to cut it off with a steak knife two weeks early to make myself eligible for the match. [smile]

Last edited:
Hi everyone!! New to the forum, but have been shooting since I was 11. Bought my first firearm a few years ago after 9/11 and have rekindled my love for firearms. I joined the forums because I am not a "know it all" and love to know things......anything someone is willing to teach me I would love to learn about, and the people in here seem chocked full of knowledge they are willing to share with me..........so let the schooling begin!

Welcome to the new members here. Hope you enjoy the forum.

LOTS of info here, set your USER CP to "show all threads" and/or use Advanced Search on any topic (>3 characters or search doesn't work).

New here, old everywhere else

Glad I found this forum, look foward to reading and posting. I live in Miami now but WILL relocate to N/E Mass come March 2007. I am a NRA Certified Firearms Instructor <part time> here in Miami since 1989 and look foward to learning the laws and ways of New England !!

Glad I found this forum, look foward to reading and posting. I live in Miami now but WILL relocate to N/E Mass come March 2007. I am a NRA Certified Firearms Instructor <part time> here in Miami since 1989 and look foward to learning the laws and ways of New England !!

Welcome Buster. If you've got any pistols on your want-to-buy list, check to see if they're available in Mass. If not, be sure to buy them before you move here.

Welcome and we hope you enjoy the forums.

Check our Gun Laws forum (set User CP to see ALL THREADS). You might reconsider the idea of moving to MA!

Welcome Buster!

If you have to move to NE Mass you may want to consider southern NH too, the gun laws are a lot better and the commute to Boston is survivable (i.e. not much worse than many parts of NE Mass).

Hey

People whats up? Rob from Fall River saying Hi. I sent my paperwork in for LTC on tues. the waiting starts now. I will let you know how I make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom