• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello to the Forum. I am new here, but already mailed targets to participate in the postal .22 match. I am from Boston's North Shore, enjoy both bullseye and active shooting and gun collecting.
Kind regards to everyone.

Another new member says Hi

Hi.

I've been lurking here for some time, but yesterday I thought I'd post, so I joined up. I moved to Marlborough last year, and I'm a member of Riverside. I've been a gun owner for 40 years now, since my father bought me a .22 for my 14th birthday (that makes me 39 years old, right?). I used to shoot in the Greater boston Pistol League for the MIT team, and now I'm interested in the USRA postal league, shooting centerfire. I love Glocks, especially in 10mm, for which I reload extensively.

I'd like to ask a question which has probably been asked and answered many times before, so if you want to shoot me down (figuratively, please), feel free. When I renewed my Class A ALP a year ago, I lived in Medford (add it to the town list and color it RED). Despite having an ALP LTC from Westborough, the Medford COP didn't want to issue any unrestricted ALP's, so I have the dreaded red text across my permit. I'd like to get a re-issued LTC from Marlborough, a green city. Is there any way the Marlborough COP might be willing to issue a renewal several years early? I'd gladly pay the $100 fee again to regain my ALP status.

Welcome to NES, 10mm! Glad to have you on board posting.

As for your question, take the time to speak with the Marlborough Chief BEFORE you start the application process...It's always possible that he may be willing to do so, but you want to get more details before you start spending $100 and potentially getting turned away. There's nothing wrong with asking.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave is spot-on with this. A discussion with the chief is in order and take it from there. Most chiefs will refuse to do this, but you never know until you ask and by doing it this way, you don't waste $100 if he won't do it.

Hello!

Glad to have found this site! Moved from the PRM to NH about 20 years ago. Have been shooting since the mid '60s, LTC from the late '70s, first in MA, now in NH. Belong to Pelham F&G for 3-4 years now and also have my C&R FFL. Main interest is military and tactical. Looking to start up in IDPA next if I can find the time.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom