New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks!

I've owned firearms and have been shooting since age 14. Hunted for more than 20 years. I'm recently retired and getting back into shooting again. I recently renewed my NRA membership.

I'm about to apply for a LTC in Westford. If anyone has any advise for me to submit all the information I have I should to ensure approval or to avoid pitfalls for rejection, it would be appreciated.

I've been reading the postings on the site and am looking forward to participating. The information shared here appears to be timely and right on target (no pun intended) and very valuable.

Welcome Alex, hope you enjoy it here.

Set your User CP to show ALL THREADS, then look for the stickies in the Gun Laws forum on getting a LTC. Good info there. Use the Advanced Search feature if you are looking for something specific.

Hello

I just realized that I have been posting but never said hi. I appologize for being lame.

Hello all, glad to be aboard. relevant facts:

Name - Jeff
Loc - Medfield
Firearms Activities - many in my youth but always a long gun / hunting guy.

Since I moved to Mass (previously from upstate NY and SC depending on the previously part) had really not found the time but recently got back into it with the prodding of Fooped and found a great deal of enjoyment with pistols.

...so after a perusal of the laws (accompanied by a lot of shaking my head in disbelief [- in case folks didn't know MA is kinda messed up]) followed by paperwork and brief wait.....LTC/A - ALP.

And as the saying goes - In for a penny in for a pound so now I own a few; have a list of many wants, and will be attempting to move the wants to the "own" column.

This board is a great resource and I hope to see folks out and about.
-JDS

Hi. I've been lurking for months, figured I should actually join and contribute in some way. Coming from Kansas, MA gun laws are a complete shock. Apparently, I'm in the system now as I filed my LTC/A app today. I actually asked the officer if I was a criminal now. His response, "not quite, you just have to do something illegal, otherwise we're all set for you." That's it, I'm moving back to Kansas! ;)

Next comes the research for a gun club and some guns.

Welcome. Where are you at? Depending on where you are as to what gun clubs. Kansas huh? What possed you to come to MA?

Just stumbled onto the forum - been lurking on (what's left) of MA-F for a long time. I live in one of those invisible, subminature towns in the western end of the Peoples Republic of MA. Air Guard, town cop, DoD Quality inspector. C&R license for 9 years, which has led to a lot of full slots in the safe(s). I like this forum - seems to be a good signal to noise ratio on most posts.

Kevin

Just outside Boston. I've been to MRA, Stoughton, and Holbrook Gun Clubs.

Welcome to the forum and we hope you enjoy it here.

Check out Braintree R&P. Large thread here (you'll need to change User CP to show ALL Threads) on the club. www.brp.org has all the rules (not totally up to date), application, etc. Drop by any Sunday morning, have breakfast (if you're there before ~10AM) and ask anyone for a tour of the place.

Second Sunday in December is the Annual Meeting, so a lot of us will head over to the club after the meeting and lunch (it's off-site at the DAV Hall). I plan to do some shooting after the meeting.

Just stumbled onto the forum - been lurking on (what's left) of MA-F for a long time. I live in one of those invisible, subminature towns in the western end of the Peoples Republic of MA. Air Guard, town cop, DoD Quality inspector. C&R license for 9 years, which has led to a lot of full slots in the safe(s). I like this forum - seems to be a good signal to noise ratio on most posts.

Kevin

Welcome to the forum Kevin, hope you enjoy it here. Check out the LE & C&R forums here when you get a chance.

Yes, we have a very high S/N ratio here and like to keep it that way. For that reason we have NOT advertised NES on MAF! Regrettably a few people on MAF drove away most of the former participants. I've had this discussion with Dick Lunn a few times one-on-one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom