New folks check in and say HI #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to NES! New folks should check in here and say HI!

Tell us about yourself...Where you live, your firearms experience, and how you found Northeastshooters! Thanks!

I live in Fall River, don't have much experience with firesarms except for bb,pellet, and paintball guns. I was told about this sight by someone on the high road forum. [grin]

Been lurking for a couple of weeks before joining. I don't remember exactly how I found the site. Just reading the site has been very helpful and informative. I look forward exchanging more information.

I live in Winchendon, MA. We've been here ~5 years. We have a large family (9 children) and keep some farm animals (goats, chickens, turkeys) on our property. We really enjoy living in a more rural area.

I'm a newbe when it comes to firearms. I've taken the NRA Handgun course, but my only hands-on experience is .22 target rifles in college many years ago. I wasn't particularly good, but it was an easy physical education credit.

I've always supported the 2nd Ammendment rights in principle but moving to the country, and Katrina, convinced me that this was a right that needed to be exercised. My wife previously was very much against guns. Having animals to protect and seeing the lawlessness after Katrina changed her mind.

I've applied for the Class A LTC which should arrive in the next week. When I applied I was told it would be restricted to hunting and sporting purposes, even though I applied for ALP.

Thanks In Advance
Kevin

I've applied for the Class A LTC which should arrive in the next week. When I applied I was told it would be restricted to hunting and sporting purposes, even though I applied for ALP.
Welcome, Kevin.

Yes, a check of our sticky thread shows Winchendon as red, which means they aren't going to issue an ALP [hmmm] May we all live long enough to see that change!

Welcome, Kevin.

Yes, a check of our sticky thread shows Winchendon as red, which means they aren't going to issue an ALP [hmmm] May we all live long enough to see that change!

Yea, I found that thread after I had applied, and I had read elsewhere that some towns do it, so I wasn't too surprised. It wouldn't have made any difference if I had known ahead of time. I still would have put ALP on the application out of principle.

We've got a new police chief in town in the last month or so. He came over from Barnardstown. I have not been able to find out what his view is, but I think the policy is still unchanged. I suspect the Sgt. that handles the licenses is the one who has been setting the policy and I don't think he is going anywhere any time soon. [frown]

Welcome to the forum, we hope you enjoy it here.

BTW, usually chiefs (or the mayor/BOS/town manager) MAKE policy and sgts implement it. Sgts usually don't get to make policy in any town.

Another newbie

Just found this site last week. Worked my way through the various areas and I'm pleased with all the info, so I fiqured I'd sign up. Been shooting and hunting since I was a kid. Now my sons join me at the range, and we literally have a blast. They don't care to hunt but they do like to shoot. Now I need to talk them into appling for a carry permit.

Have a great day, Henry

Welcome aboard Henry. I'm new here and so far have found people fairly friendly and very helpful.

I have always been interested in shooting. When I was younger, I shot in postal matches. Then came the 1st girlfriend and she found funner things to do on a Fri. night. Welllllllll ran thru a lot of girlfriends, got married, had 2 kids and now I'm finding I've got a little time on my hands soooo it's back to an old love shooting and fine accurate rifles. See you around the forums any help is always appreciated. Joe Jackson (New York)

Hello. I am a lifetime member of the NRA and a soon-to-be member of GOAL. I have been shooting throughout my adult life, and after living in Massachusetts for a few years have decided to take up the sport here. This forum has been a great source of information, and joining as a paid member seems the least I could do in return. Perhaps in time I will have something useful to add. Thank you for making this forum so helpful to those of us new to the complexities of gun ownership in Massachusetts.

Hi all, yet another newbie here.

I've been shooting since just after 911. Since then I've become an avid gun enthusiast.

This past year I joined a local club and started shooting Bullseye. I look forward to becoming a part of this community.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom