• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New folks check in and say HI #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Budman, hope you enjoy it here!

I own 3 H&K pistols.

I have to ask what is Brown (other than BBT, aka UPS)? Not familiar with that name other than some odd parts with Ed Brown's name attached to them (one such grip screw snapped in my 1911 the other day).

BTW, congrats on losing your big boss today! Saw him sworn in as police commissioner in Springfield. Trying to figure out who to send the sympathy card to out there!

'Brown' ??

LenS-
By 'Brown' I meant Ed Brown - I have a Ed Brown Kobra Carry (didn't know if there are any Ed Brown pistol owners in this part of country as his guns aren't 'approved' by %@&* AG Riley), also have Wilson Combat Protector Compact.
As to Mr. Flynn - he doesn't care for MSP - has acquired grants for local PDs (NEMLEC, etc.) to perform duties already being done by MSP units. He could have pushed for grants for MSP to make units better, but I guess he felt it is better to have locals racing up & down highways and byways of Commonwealth going from one 'Alleged' crisis to another. MSP has had good relations with Springfield PD, now let's see what happens.

LenS
Sorry about the double post - I posted the first reply and got a message saying it wouldn't accept it due to 'invalid' address', so I took out address of 'Brown??' and reposted. Sorry.
On your location - what is 'PRM'? Thanks.

Budman,

I had never heard of any Ed Brown guns before and if I hadn't just contacted Brownells about the snapped grip screw problem, I wouldn't even have made the connection about "Brown" equals Ed Brown. Wilson guns I am aware of, but I'd venture that they are rare in these parts.

Yup, PRM = Peoples Republic of Mass, an appropriately derogatory term about the state of our civil rights here.

Physically I guess that you could say that I live SW of Boston.

I'm aware of the issues SPAM has with the LECs, but since I no longer work for a PD, I have no first-hand knowledge of the real pluses and minuses. My personal opinion leads me to believe two things (positive) about them (but I make no judgment on cost-effectiveness):

- Some local officers are now getting real firearms training and more than once/year! Firearms training is NOT typically a priority for local PDs, so this is a plus even if it is only 1 or 2 officers in a department. Also, this training is tactical in nature whereas my prior experience with PD firearms training (19 years worth per MCJTC/MPTC standards for local PDs) was that it was strictly what I'd call "target shooting" . . . not real useful in a real LE tactical situation.

- Having more portable command center vans in the state can be useful in a real tactical situation.

I do wish that the MSP and local LE would work together more cooperatively and with mutual respect in Eastern MA, but being a realist I don't ever see that happening. A search here and a few other forums where I provided details of some incidents that I was involved in put some meat on my comments. I also (a long time ago) worked with the Director of Plant Security at Yankee Rowe, George Murphy (ret. Capt MSP IIRC), a real nice guy and we used to swap stories . . . of course MSP in Western MA DOES work cooperatively with the local PDs, it is a different world out there.

Enjoy our forum!

Greetings and felicitations

Found the site today off the Four Seasons site and thought I'd sign up and say hello.

Recently minted "50", retired LEO from Ohio. Was the Constable for Watertown for a tour, but didn't renew the appointment.

Married (2nd time), children and grandkids back in the Buckeye State.

RJ

Hi all,
been lurking for a little while and looks like a good bunch of folks, found the site off fsguns.com. I'm down in C-pher's neck of the woods. Retired Army. now pushing a desk in Boston.

Ohio

C-pher said:
Nice, I moved up here with my Company from Dayton. I was only in Dayton for about 7 years.

Cool. My daugher and son-in-law live in London, so I go there more than I use to. :)

RJ

Ohio

C-pher said:
Nice, I have a good friend in Lancaster, and another in Dublin. We always stay with one of them when we go back to visit.

Yeah, I go back a couple times a year to visit the kids and grandkids. They'd have to pay me alot of money to move back, however. :)

RJ

Hi

Hi, my name's John and I'm a recovering gun-a-holic...

I found out about NES when I attended the Gabe Suarez class last year. I've lurked around here for a while. I had something to add to a thread, so I registered.

I live in one of those Western Mass. towns where they ONLY issue unrestricted LTC-As...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom