• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New England Shooter's Warehouse in Tewksbury Ma

I was just there, 9:20 AM, but didn't hang around. I brought some donuts for the guys but I doubt that they'll have time to eat them. There were no spots left in the parking lot except for the "H" and I was able to park there.

Couldn't really get to the counter to see much, but their handgun prices looked like MSRP. What ammo I saw on display was priced at the new high price, but I bet they are paying high from their wholesaler right now. There were ARs and shotguns hung on the wall.

They had a selection of holsters, cleaning supplies, grips, clothes, bags, etc. But not a lot of everything yet.

I was in and out in 10 minutes. I'm gonna go back next week when it's more sane. I really don't need anything.

Did the same, in and out. Nothing I needed except ammo but didnt feel like standing in line. When I have more time and it slows ill throw them some business, they seemed to have a good variety of ammo such as some .223 hunting rounds.

Just for some clarification, the $81 5.56 that people are talking about is that 62 grain green tip stuff. They had .223 Remington PMC for 11.99, but the guy in front of me bought the last 3 boxes.

Yup, was there a box limit?

Channel 5's Janet Wu introduced a story on this evenings 6 P.M. report. "Just 15 miles away from Westford"......
She may have scared a targeted population with her comments and video. [laugh] And I wouldn't rule out that may have been the intention of the story.
There looked like a lot of shoppers and the parking lot was crowded. Good Luck to the new business.
Best regards.

BTW. The barcode on your DL is a 2D barcode and contains all of the information on your license in it.

It has the infomation that is printed on your license...it doesn't pull from some registry database or anything like that. So if you've moved, it's your old address.

Also - I was there around 4; parking lot wasn't that full, store wasn't that busy either. Chet (I think was his name) the 70 year old; spent an hour helping my wife figure out what she should get once her LTC comes in. They were all super nice; but Prices were high. Sig Magazines were $46, but they had them in stock. I was going to buy some .40S&W but at $50 for WWB, I decided against it.

They also had a few RCBS presses & dies but I didn't see any other reloading supplies.

Here's the Channel 5 News segment. Even the Tewksbury police like the place.
Customers pack new Tewksbury gun store | North - WCVB Home

I just watched that news clip,
FF to 1:05, he says "These I believe are Colt .38's".
Ah, Colt doesn't make DA revolvers anymore, if they did, they probably wouldn't be Mass compliant anyway.
They look like Charters to me with all the funky colors.
Nothing like being familiar with the product line you're selling. [rolleyes]

I just watched that news clip,
FF to 1:05, he says "These I believe are Colt .38's".
Ah, Colt doesn't make DA revolvers anymore, if they did, they probably wouldn't be Mass compliant anyway.
They look like Charters to me with all the funky colors.
Nothing like being familiar with the product line you're selling. [rolleyes]

They were, my wife was looking at them.

They keep most of the ammo stock in the back, so it's tough to tell. The prices are extremely high, but judging by the crowd that was in line to pay for ammo, I wouldn't wait too long!

Guns were pretty much MSRP. Inventory looked adequate...for now!

I was there around 9:15 or so and the parking lot was already full. I skipped in and out in 5 minutes after seeing the ammo prices. I 'm sure they'll sell out but not to me.

Dropped by at 5pm or so. The ammo prices were outrageous. Stayed 5 minutes. Got back in my car and drove to four seasons. I won't be adding NESW to my shopping rotation.

Did the same, in and out. Nothing I needed except ammo but didnt feel like standing in line. When I have more time and it slows ill throw them some business, they seemed to have a good variety of ammo such as some .223 hunting rounds.

Yup, was there a box limit?

3 box limit. I didn't find out if that was 3 boxes total or just 3 per caliber.

I showed up at the store the day of their opening with a co-worker. I got there at 8:10, expecting there to be a line. After waiting 30min with no line, we decided to come back at lunch time. The lot was packed, most people in the store were just browsing around.

As I made my way to the counter I was shocked at the prices of the handguns. $640 for a 3rd gen glock.....$590 for a M&P 9....$580 for a FS92...are you kidding me!? Without hesitation I told the guy behind the counter that these prices were ridiculous. They are well over $100 higher than any other store in the area. I proptly walked out and never expect to return there.

As a NH resident, I can't purchase anything worthwhile there anyway, but I was hoping to have an alternate source for reloading supplies. There was no powder, primers or projectiles in sight.

I'd be surprised if this place lasts more than a few months at these prices......and frankly....after their opening day attempt to rip us all off....they don't deserve to be in business.

I showed up at the store the day of their opening with a co-worker. I got there at 8:10, expecting there to be a line. After waiting 30min with no line, we decided to come back at lunch time. The lot was packed, most people in the store were just browsing around.

As I made my way to the counter I was shocked at the prices of the handguns. $640 for a 3rd gen glock.....$590 for a M&P 9....$580 for a FS92...are you kidding me!? Without hesitation I told the guy behind the counter that these prices were ridiculous. They are well over $100 higher than any other store in the area. I proptly walked out and never expect to return there.

As a NH resident, I can't purchase anything worthwhile there anyway, but I was hoping to have an alternate source for reloading supplies. There was no powder, primers or projectiles in sight.

I'd be surprised if this place lasts more than a few months at these prices......and frankly....after their opening day attempt to rip us all off....they don't deserve to be in business.

Re: New England Shooters Warehouse Opening 2-22-13

Someone will be along to buy them. People are spending up to 2k on Stags! That whole free market thing really sucks. If the guns sit I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I've read enough about the prices in the last two minutes to ensure that I will never be a customer there. Good luck with the business once the panic dies down and the guys who actually buy a gun every month go down the road.

Re: New England Shooters Warehouse Opening 2-22-13

The only deals to be had anymore from gun stores are from the holster/accessory bins. In the past, I've scored a pretty much brand new crossbreed for Glock for $20, and a safariland 6004 for 229 w/light for $5. That's my only reason for visiting retail stores, besides the dreaded ammo run. Everything else is insane.

Last edited:

Panic buying brings panic buying prices.... it's called Capitalism. You're free to never set foot in that shop again but please don't denigrate a business for simply applying the concepts of Capitalism to their business.

Is this an out yourself thread?

Panic buying brings panic buying prices.... it's called Capitalism. You're free to never set foot in that shop again but please don't denigrate a business for simply applying the concepts of Capitalism to their business.

Is this an out yourself thread?

It's a free market, and they can apply any price they want to their items, but they'll quickly realise that they'll be NO market with those prices.....

I think 640 for a Gen 3 is a super price in MA from a dealer. I think Saint Fourseason has a Gen 3 for more than that on their web page. I try not to look into gun shop show cases when I'm in a free state, why drive myself nuts looking at new Gen 4 Glocks for 529 when I have to pay sometimes north of 675 for most models I can buy here, and thats used.

There seems to be room in the retail market for Walmart, Target, Macy's and Nordstrom. Some might be much more interested in their level of customer service and stock availability than 20% or even 100% more on prices.

Probably not me, but some. :D

To those who suggest that they wait to open for a few months until they can get cheaper inventory.... you gonna pay their store rent and their carrying costs of their inventory and their home mortgages in the meantime? I am going by the assumption that they aren't independently wealthy, but I could be wrong.

I don't begrudge them for doing/paying/pricing whatever necessary to get their doors open with fully stocked shelves; the pricing issues will sort themselves out over time. Just glad to be reading of an opening and not a closing.

To those who suggest that they wait to open for a few months until they can get cheaper inventory.... you gonna pay their store rent and their carrying costs of their inventory and their home mortgages in the meantime?

That was me you're referring to and no I won't pay their mortgages in the meantime nor will I help to pay them in the future with prices like their current ones. You obviously either are trying to take what I said out of context or simply just didn't read all of what I said. All I said was that if they had to spend sooooo much on ammo to have to charge MORE than what gunbroker retards and classifieds retards are "charging" (aka. asking, praying and hoping for) then they would have been better off opening without ammo. Their prices will be seen as out of line by the passes and sets a horrible first impression. Sometimes, many times, you don't get a chance to make a second impression; so make the first one count.

I do not recall saying that they should have postponed their opening, although that does have some merit, but I will go back and re-read my post that you are referring to because I may have said that. Whether I said they should postpone their opening let me say this. To delve deeper into the aspect of postponing an opening, what the argument there would be is that since they own the property, an assumption I'm making based off the information in the Lowell Sun article saying they also owned Taylor Rental which was run out of the same location, they have been paying mortages quite comfortably without any business being in there for so long that they could likely afford to have waited a few months for things to calm down, which they undoubtedly will.

Here's my take on the whole thing from a business owners standpoint. We all buy from the same few limited sources whether people choose to or like to believe that or not. We pay the same for the product as anyone else, retail and/or online resellers, and therefore we can afford to charge the same prices. Anything higher is just taking advantage of the current conditions and price gouging your way right the fvck out of business. I realize everyone from the manufacturers to the distributors to the retail and online stores are charging more than they were 3 months ago for the same exact product and THAT my little friend is free market and capitalism at its' finest. However, when store A, B, C and D have ammo for $14.95/box and store E has the same ammo for $18.95/box that is nothing less that either stupid business, which I've outlined above, or price gouging which is also stupid business. As I said before, it is not only the prices of the ammo but every gun I saw was marked at or above MSRP.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I have no reason to have anything against this place and I really don't. In fact I wish them well. I just don't wish them well at other peoples expense. Taking advantage of people is not acceptable and over charging is doing just that. I will simply not spend my dollars there until their prices are in line with aaaaaalllllll of the many other gun shops within 20 minutes of them and me.

You've called me out and I've responded. I have nothing against this place and I do not want anyone to make any decisions based on my opinion. If you have gazillions of extra non-hard earned dollars lingering around feel free to pay their mortgages at their excessive prices. I will wait until they figure out that as good or bad as they do with their current prices, they will undoubtedly do much better with fair market pricing. You make more money selling a lot of product at fair prices than you do selling a little product at outrageous prices. The end.

I truly hope these guys get their act together and wish them well, the world needs more small businesses. I'm done on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom