• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New England Shooter's Warehouse in Tewksbury Ma

Panic buying brings panic buying prices.... it's called Capitalism. You're free to never set foot in that shop again but please don't denigrate a business for simply applying the concepts of Capitalism to their business.

Is this an out yourself thread?

This comes up everytime someone has an issue with prices you Capitalism guys needs to get over it.........we all know how it works. To start a new gun shop and to ask $100's of dollars more for the same items at all the regular shops is a good way to end a business. My buddy just got back from there and was shocked at the prices.

Last edited:
That was me you're referring to and no I won't pay their mortgages in the meantime nor will I help to pay them in the future with prices like their current ones. You obviously either are trying to take what I said out of context or simply just didn't read all of what I said. All I said was that if they had to spend sooooo much on ammo to have to charge MORE than what gunbroker retards and classifieds retards are "charging" (aka. asking, praying and hoping for) then they would have been better off opening without ammo. Their prices will be seen as out of line by the passes and sets a horrible first impression. Sometimes, many times, you don't get a chance to make a second impression; so make the first one count.

I do not recall saying that they should have postponed their opening, although that does have some merit, but I will go back and re-read my post that you are referring to because I may have said that. Whether I said they should postpone their opening let me say this. To delve deeper into the aspect of postponing an opening, what the argument there would be is that since they own the property, an assumption I'm making based off the information in the Lowell Sun article saying they also owned Taylor Rental which was run out of the same location, they have been paying mortages quite comfortably without any business being in there for so long that they could likely afford to have waited a few months for things to calm down, which they undoubtedly will.

Here's my take on the whole thing from a business owners standpoint. We all buy from the same few limited sources whether people choose to or like to believe that or not. We pay the same for the product as anyone else, retail and/or online resellers, and therefore we can afford to charge the same prices. Anything higher is just taking advantage of the current conditions and price gouging your way right the fvck out of business. I realize everyone from the manufacturers to the distributors to the retail and online stores are charging more than they were 3 months ago for the same exact product and THAT my little friend is free market and capitalism at its' finest. However, when store A, B, C and D have ammo for $14.95/box and store E has the same ammo for $18.95/box that is nothing less that either stupid business, which I've outlined above, or price gouging which is also stupid business. As I said before, it is not only the prices of the ammo but every gun I saw was marked at or above MSRP.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I have no reason to have anything against this place and I really don't. In fact I wish them well. I just don't wish them well at other peoples expense. Taking advantage of people is not acceptable and over charging is doing just that. I will simply not spend my dollars there until their prices are in line with aaaaaalllllll of the many other gun shops within 20 minutes of them and me.

You've called me out and I've responded. I have nothing against this place and I do not want anyone to make any decisions based on my opinion. If you have gazillions of extra non-hard earned dollars lingering around feel free to pay their mortgages at their excessive prices. I will wait until they figure out that as good or bad as they do with their current prices, they will undoubtedly do much better with fair market pricing. You make more money selling a lot of product at fair prices than you do selling a little product at outrageous prices. The end.

I truly hope these guys get their act together and wish them well, the world needs more small businesses. I'm done on this topic.
Hi.

Wow. I didn't "call you out", I didn't quote anyone in particular and I have no clue if it was your post alone. someone else's post or an impression I was getting from reading the three threads on this store's opening. Being quite new around here I don't know any of the posters and frankly, I'm not even looking at the poster's name the vast majority of the time, I'm just absorbing the text. If you felt it was an attack on you I apologize, it wasn't meant as such.

They have been trying to get their store open for a *very* long time. I assume that neither you nor I are aware of their finances, business or personal.

My main thrust in my comments was that I am happy that they've opened a gun store in this Commonwealth in this particular environment and that there is probably room for different levels of service in the retail biz. In fact in one of the quoted articles the owner said [my paraphrasing] "we aren't a mom and pop store, we want to be a premier retailer". "Premier retailers" can charge much higher prices. Is that going to be their business model going forward? I don't know. That's up to them to decide and for you to decide if that's the kind of place where you'd like to shop.

Market pricing (or as you, with 'nothing against them' slam them with the term "Price gouging" without any knowledge of their costs) puts some balance into the market and keeps inventory available for those who really need it instead of people adding an extra couple thousand rounds into their safes. I don't know how you can say that he's getting his product from the same distributors and at the same prices when nobody is able to get sufficient product from them. Perhaps they had to go to "the classifieds" and other sources to get inventory.

No need to take umbrage about their prices on others' (especially my) behalf. If people don't want (or don't need) to pay the higher prices they won't. Their decision, just like it is yours. I assume that every single person making a purchase in their store was happy to do so, and was happy with the price.

I place the blame for higher prices with the Newtown arse and the gun grabbers, not the guy struggling to get his brand new brick and mortar retail store finally open after working on it for a year.

That said, nice to meet you. :-D

Did the same thing - I went to see the opening of the new store but all the prices were ridiculous for guns, ammo and other supplies. Walked out of the store and drove to Four Seasons and bought some Wolf .223 for $7.99 and some Federal 5.56 for $9.99.

I'd really like to see this new shop survive. I'm really just guessing that since they're just starting out that they are paying premium wholesale prices to their vendors and need to charge more just to stay open. If they can build up some volume, which will be difficult with the way supplies are right now, they could start to lower their retail prices. It's just a tough time for them to be starting up. They can't offer any deals and survive.

If they really are selling Glock Gen 3 I would be thrilled, but I also would NOT document it here. Since you are from NH you will definitely be operating under different rules, and pricing, than those of us here in the PRM.

I showed up at the store the day of their opening with a co-worker. I got there at 8:10, expecting there to be a line. After waiting 30min with no line, we decided to come back at lunch time. The lot was packed, most people in the store were just browsing around.

As I made my way to the counter I was shocked at the prices of the handguns. $640 for a 3rd gen glock.....$590 for a M&P 9....$580 for a FS92...are you kidding me!? Without hesitation I told the guy behind the counter that these prices were ridiculous. They are well over $100 higher than any other store in the area. I proptly walked out and never expect to return there.

As a NH resident, I can't purchase anything worthwhile there anyway, but I was hoping to have an alternate source for reloading supplies. There was no powder, primers or projectiles in sight.

I'd be surprised if this place lasts more than a few months at these prices......and frankly....after their opening day attempt to rip us all off....they don't deserve to be in business.

Did the same thing - I went to see the opening of the new store but all the prices were ridiculous for guns, ammo and other supplies. Walked out of the store and drove to Four Seasons and bought some Wolf .223 for $7.99 and some Federal 5.56 for $9.99.

How long did you have to wait in line after that 20 min. trip ?

I'm so sick and ****ing tired of people complaining about the prices of shit. First, gun owners did it to themselves out of fear. Secondly, just don't pay the ****ing prices and keep your mouths shut. Mouthing off to some clerk in a store or a owner who is taking ALL the risk opening a new business and employing people, just makes you look like an a**h***. you have no ****ing clue what they pay to get the inventory in the store, what their overhead expenses are or what it took for them to even get the inventory.

If you don't like it just don't pay it, there are clearly going to be people who would love to pay retarded prices for the stuff they have. As someone who comes from a family of small business owners, there is nothing more obnoxious than people who seem to presume that they are making boat loads of cash and ****ing over the consumer somehow.

Re: New England Shooters Warehouse Opening 2-22-13

I'm so sick and ****ing tired of people complaining about the prices of shit. First, gun owners did it to themselves out of fear. Secondly, just don't pay the ****ing prices and keep your mouths shut. Mouthing off to some clerk in a store or a owner who is taking ALL the risk opening a new business and employing people, just makes you look like an a**h***. you have no ****ing clue what they pay to get the inventory in the store, what their overhead expenses are or what it took for them to even get the inventory.

If you don't like it just don't pay it, there are clearly going to be people who would love to pay retarded prices for the stuff they have. As someone who comes from a family of small business owners, there is nothing more obnoxious than people who seem to presume that they are making boat loads of cash and ****ing over the consumer somehow.

QFT

[laugh]
Decent rant.

I don't get it either. Its called 'the market' for those not paying attention.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I was helped right away. When I'm buying ammo or accessories there it's usually pretty quick. It helps that I am on a first name basis with a few of the guys there.

That was me you're referring to and no I won't pay their mortgages in the meantime nor will I help to pay them in the future with prices like their current ones. You obviously either are trying to take what I said out of context or simply just didn't read all of what I said. All I said was that if they had to spend sooooo much on ammo to have to charge MORE than what gunbroker retards and classifieds retards are "charging" (aka. asking, praying and hoping for) then they would have been better off opening without ammo. Their prices will be seen as out of line by the passes and sets a horrible first impression. Sometimes, many times, you don't get a chance to make a second impression; so make the first one count.

I do not recall saying that they should have postponed their opening, although that does have some merit, but I will go back and re-read my post that you are referring to because I may have said that. Whether I said they should postpone their opening let me say this. To delve deeper into the aspect of postponing an opening, what the argument there would be is that since they own the property, an assumption I'm making based off the information in the Lowell Sun article saying they also owned Taylor Rental which was run out of the same location, they have been paying mortages quite comfortably without any business being in there for so long that they could likely afford to have waited a few months for things to calm down, which they undoubtedly will.

Here's my take on the whole thing from a business owners standpoint. We all buy from the same few limited sources whether people choose to or like to believe that or not. We pay the same for the product as anyone else, retail and/or online resellers, and therefore we can afford to charge the same prices. Anything higher is just taking advantage of the current conditions and price gouging your way right the fvck out of business. I realize everyone from the manufacturers to the distributors to the retail and online stores are charging more than they were 3 months ago for the same exact product and THAT my little friend is free market and capitalism at its' finest. However, when store A, B, C and D have ammo for $14.95/box and store E has the same ammo for $18.95/box that is nothing less that either stupid business, which I've outlined above, or price gouging which is also stupid business. As I said before, it is not only the prices of the ammo but every gun I saw was marked at or above MSRP.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I have no reason to have anything against this place and I really don't. In fact I wish them well. I just don't wish them well at other peoples expense. Taking advantage of people is not acceptable and over charging is doing just that. I will simply not spend my dollars there until their prices are in line with aaaaaalllllll of the many other gun shops within 20 minutes of them and me.

You've called me out and I've responded. I have nothing against this place and I do not want anyone to make any decisions based on my opinion. If you have gazillions of extra non-hard earned dollars lingering around feel free to pay their mortgages at their excessive prices. I will wait until they figure out that as good or bad as they do with their current prices, they will undoubtedly do much better with fair market pricing. You make more money selling a lot of product at fair prices than you do selling a little product at outrageous prices. The end.

I truly hope these guys get their act together and wish them well, the world needs more small businesses. I'm done on this topic.

I see this a totally different way. It is not taking advantage of somebody by putting a fire arm in a cabinet with a higher price tag than other stores. It is pure capatilism. BTW there is nothing to stop the potential customer from saying "hey FS has this same model for $XXX what do you say I'll offer you $XXX". My point is it is DEFINATELY NOT taking advantage of someone when they have other placec to go and shop!!!!

I think it's perfectly fine for someone to say their prices are on the high end (don't have to accuse them of taking advantage) as it's a way to educate new gun buyers who may not know what is a good price and what isn't. It's also ok to let the store owner know they found it elsewhere cheaper and it's up to the owner to decide to match it and lose a bit of his profit or not, and lost the whole sale.

Went there yesterday and purchased some cleaning mops and some 9mm. Ammo was pricey but it is a long haul to Hooksett so I don't have a problem really. They had Gen 4(?) Glock 40s in the cabinet... Have you seen the wall at FS lately? Pretty grim. So I say good luck to them I do want to see another shop do well in MA, if you don't like the prices, don't buy.

This comes up everytime someone has an issue with prices you Capitalism guys needs to get over it.........we all know how it works. To start a new gun shop and to ask $100's of dollars more for the same items at all the regular shops is a good way to end a business. My buddy just got back from there and was shocked at the prices.

They're just using their 1st amendment right. Capitalism will dictate whether they survive. I swore never to shop at Dick's again but $8.99 for 20 rds of 223 is a good deal even though I am limited to 3 boxes at a time. Feels like the rationing in the old USSR. Thanks to the commie in the WH.

Last edited:
New gun shop in Tewksbury?

Just took a peak on FS site, about halfway down they have a note posted saying their cost from distributor went up dramatically, which in turn is passed onto the consumer. Makes me think these prices may just be approaching the new norm.
Don't like it, don't shop there, but don't publicly bash one of the few businesses in this draconian anti-gun state that provides us with goods. They aren't trying to screw anyone, just be able to keep their doors open while they get on their feet.
So suck it up, deal with paying a touch more (or don't), and I'm sure once their traffic picks up the prices will settle to something a bit more reasonable.
This petty bitching and complaining will only kill sales and screw us, US the buyers so desperate to fuel our hobby, and cause them to close theirs doors.

Last edited:

Update: stopped in today. Yes pricey. But snagged the mk22 hanging on the wall and they tossed in 500 ends of 22. I'm aware I probably paid for the box 2x over with the price, but service was friendly and I'll be back.

I showed up at the store the day of their opening with a co-worker. I got there at 8:10, expecting there to be a line. After waiting 30min with no line, we decided to come back at lunch time. The lot was packed, most people in the store were just browsing around.

As I made my way to the counter I was shocked at the prices of the handguns. $640 for a 3rd gen glock.....$590 for a M&P 9....$580 for a FS92...are you kidding me!? Without hesitation I told the guy behind the counter that these prices were ridiculous. They are well over $100 higher than any other store in the area. I proptly walked out and never expect to return there.

As a NH resident, I can't purchase anything worthwhile there anyway, but I was hoping to have an alternate source for reloading supplies. There was no powder, primers or projectiles in sight.

I'd be surprised if this place lasts more than a few months at these prices......and frankly....after their opening day attempt to rip us all off....they don't deserve to be in business.

I was in there very recently and heard a couple of clerks and patrons talking, I couldnt help but hear their conversation, it's not like I was listening in I was literally almost on the other side of the room. I can't quote what was said word for word but it was something to the effect of the clerk was telling the patrons an NES'r told him their prices were too high (Fastc92 perhaps?), anyway in defending their high prices the clerks and the patrons went on to conclude that NES'rs were "a bunch of deal chasers who sit on the computer all day in their mothers basement". They had such a good laugh I figured I would pass it on so we could all have a good hearty laugh as well [smile]

[popcorn]

I was in there very recently and heard a couple of clerks and patrons talking, I couldnt help but hear their conversation, it's not like I was listening in I was literally almost on the other side of the room. I can't quote what was said word for word but it was something to the effect of the clerk was telling the patrons an NES'r told him their prices were too high (Fastc92 perhaps?), anyway in defending their high prices the clerks and the patrons went on to conclude that NES'rs were "a bunch of deal chasers who sit on the computer all day in their mothers basement". They had such a good laugh I figured I would pass it on so we could all have a good hearty laugh as well [smile]

Hmm. Well, looks like I won't bother checking this place out. Maybe they are unaware how much business people on this site bring elsewhere.

Honestly I do not mind paying a fair price or market price for something, and they do have some items that are priced fairly. However I do think their gun prices are much higher than what I've seen at other places. If everyones prices end up like there's because of the suppliers increase in cost so be it, but as of right now I myself would not buy a gun there. Just my opinion.

[popcorn]

HAR, HAR, HAR <----Hearty Laugh

This forum has incredible buying power. Best not to get into a pissing match over one users comments and puss off everyone.

I was at the counter during that conversation as well, Do you know any gun owner newbie or relic who likes to pay more than they have to for guns and ammo? I certainly don't. I Know Ken and has been friend of his for 20 years, I questioned his ammo prices and gun prices when he started to put stickers on them before he opened and he showed me the price he pays from the distributors. I paid at four seasons $299 for a ruger MKIII target almost 3 years ago, Ken paid $349 for one and $389 for another from 2 different distributors, how can he sell that for what us tight wads want to pay and still make a profit. he told me once he gets more bulk his prices will reflect the price he pays. Four Seasons has a lot big buying power, NESW can not even buy from FS distributors that give Carl/FS about a 7%-10% discount for his bulk buying. NESW/Ken is hoping inventory will come back and prices will settle. I am not sure if anyone noticed but there is a supply and demand problem at this time. I wouldn't take an off hand remark made about the high prices and sitting in a basement surfing the web looking for deals as an insult, that's what I do, and my friend has his FFL. We live in a Draconian state with all kinds of restrictions and starting a Gun Shop in this anti gun climate has been difficult enough for these guys. I know that things will settle down when the Distributors start to get the surplus back and the prices become reasonable again. Funny I have more 9mm and 22lr than they do :) Besides when prices equal out are you telling me your not going to stop by and see what they have. I went on one of the distributors web sites that NESW buys from and found odd crappy firearms where all they had left in inventory. I knew the distributors were looking to unload the stuff that had been sitting on the shelve for too long when I saw a Ruger 10/22 Lime Green laminate stock come in the store.... I can not wait for this gun ban to be over.... remember vote those bastards out of office. all of them!!

Ken was not over with guys talking about NES. I actually spoke to Ken briefly and he seemed like a very nice guy. It doesnt matter if what they said is taken as an insult or not, although it didnt sound very complimentary to me. The point is you never know who your talking to or who can hear you and as a new business the last thing I think I would want to do is have my employees piss off a potentially large customer base. I would love for them to be a competitive shop that I would frequent, they are right in my town and that would be very convenient for me. Only time will tell. We'll have to wait and see.

I was there opening day. Had a great conversation with Chet, one the employees. He was very attentive and helpful. They had the gun I wanted in stock, two actually. The price was $150 more than what FS has them listed for. I'm gonna go back to see if they are still available and try to negotiate a better price. I would love if this could be my go to gun shop. It's only 10 mins from my work.

Maybe get us in there doing cheap transfers on incoming group buys. I would go there to pick up my item and probably buy more stuff. at least it would get us familiar with the place and not cost them any money.

Update: stopped in today. Yes pricey. But snagged the mk22 hanging on the wall and they tossed in 500 ends of 22. I'm aware I probably paid for the box 2x over with the price, but service was friendly and I'll be back.

Did you change registers with the guy next to you?

I bought the last box of .22 sub sonic.

Back
Top Bottom