New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

I watch the show. Love it because it is a train wreck that oozes fake. The "tick" she has where she finishes each sentence with a giggle makes my blood pressure shoot through the roof...

Thanks to whoever linked to the ar15.com thread. This post is truly fantastic.

If you guys think the whole thing is fake... take a look at this. I was surprised when I saw this video.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/12/16/ga-video-exclusive-inside-red-jacket-firearms/
Sounds like he has a sense of humor
WillHayden @6:28 said:
Where is this company going, honestly we got so many things going right now it's hard to keep track of them. Im kidding I know exactly where everything is
I take that as a reference to his loss of FFL

I watch the show cuz how many gun shows are there? Triggers on military channel or the occasional modern marvels on firearms are way better IMO though! Oh and do u really need a gun smith to put together an ar? I do them in my bedroom...

If you guys think the whole thing is fake... take a look at this. I was surprised when I saw this video.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/12/16/ga-video-exclusive-inside-red-jacket-firearms/

You gotta figure they had/have something going on as a company. They move product. But you make a deal with the devil when you let the reality TV troops come in the door. All the fooling around, blowing stuff up, and fake-ass builds, aimed at mainstream audiences, can make you look like a bunch of monkeys.

That was surprisingly interesting, and didn't make everybody in the shop look like a retard. They should try making the whole show like that instead of Jersey Shore Gun Shop.

yeah the show would be much more watchable if it was like in the guns and ammo video.

That was surprisingly interesting, and didn't make everybody in the shop look like a retard. They should try making the whole show like that instead of Jersey Shore Gun Shop.

Sadly (or not, depending on your perspective), the simple fact is that the bulk of the tv-watching population wants to watch Jersey shore, and has no interest in seeing competent people do a good job designing, making, and finishing firearms. They want drama, they want idiocy, and they want to see stuff on fire. So that's what Discovery gives them.

At first i thought the how was a little hokey but i could deal, mind you i don't set my DVR to watch it but if it's on and nothing else is i'll watch it. Watching last night's show was like realizing wrestling was fake when i was 12. How can they act like they are making a "game changer" for a security firm out of and AR with a piston kit added on to it when companies like LMT engineered a piston gun from the ground up and is far superior than anything Kris can monkey-f%^k together. It baffles me they think they can compete with that, it was then i realized the show is 150% scripted and is BS.

Took you that long? [slap]

[smile]

I thought that video was as informative as the show. There basic bread and butter is putting together kits as stated by Will. I've seen their "rotary guns" and putting a bunch of Saigas that spin with a separate magazine hanging out is as retarded as pretending reality shows are real life.

it's $10 for the thing and $2275 for the
SEX DILDO ON TOP TO **** YOURSELF IN a**h*** FOR MAKING SHAMEFUL TRAVESTY OF ...
... oh wait, it's an AR, never mind.

Ivan Chesnokov! Friend of yours Boris? [rofl]

Red jacked should invite him over for a day.[wink] THAT would be a good show http://www.m1-garand-rifle.com/ivan-chesnokov.php

I really have to wonder if RJ fully understood the implications to their long term business here showing the things that they do and the drama they manufacture? I know it is contrived, so I won't base my opinion of them on the show (other than the lack of judgement to do it in the first place), but any AR noob has to look at that and wonder if their rifle will be assembled by a monkey with the wrong parts and then dragged over the Tarmac before showing up?

I betcha that it went something like this:

Will said:
We spend too much time doing dumb shit, our products are over priced for what they are, and this company is hemorrhaging money.

Discovery said:
You want to be on reality TV? We'll pay for cool new equipment you don't even know how to run, will help pay your salaries, cover the rent, get that snaggle fixed, and put your company name on national television. All you have to do is work on what ever project we come up with (at our cost), blow some crap up all dramatic-like for the viewers, and do some acting 101 stuff with the script we give you. No such thing as bad publicity!

Will said:
$$$$$$$ Well sheet, you got yo' self a deal son!

Last edited:
...anyone that knows how government contracts work knows not just one company shows one retired general a gun and gets a contract. Several companies would submit designs for considerations. And odds are it would not be the smallest company in the country that wins, they just would not be able to manufacture it as cheap as someone such as Colt ect.

I assumed that when a prospective client says to Wil "well, that'll work" or "heh, that sure is sumpin' " or "you sure came through for us this time," that it translates as

"Thanks. Now we'll go give the contract to one of the other bidders."

I said I wouldn't, but I watched this week's show because I wanted to see Vince.

What a total train wreck. We were really supposed to believe that Will didn't know his guys were building that machine gun? And Vince 'accidentally' left his sweatshirt in the shop for Will to find? And that super-slow-mo countdown to fire the kamikaze cannon was completely real, and Will just happened to pull in on the count of zero?

And the TV crew is now more a part of the show than the gun builders.

I have deleted it from my recording schedule, so I will never be tempted to watch it again.

This whole episode was one WTF? after the other. It was either entirely contrived or made no sense at all (er, both).

If it weren't contrived, then the only possible explanation would be context you don't have just watching the show (the BS with who actually holds the FFL). If an employee of the shop pulled that BS, they should be fired, on the spot.

I am inclined to believe the whole thing was contrived.

Look, I was literally screaming at the TV when snaggle-tooth's husband (can't remember his name) was trying to drill the hole in the charging handles WITH A F*CKING HAND DRILL.

I am NOT, by any definition, mechanically inclined, but even I know to use a god damn'd drill press to drill that kind of hole.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

This whole episode was one WTF? after the other. It was either entirely contrived or made no sense at all (er, both).

If it weren't contrived, then the only possible explanation would be context you don't have just watching the show (the BS with who actually holds the FFL). If an employee of the shop pulled that BS, they should be fired, on the spot.

I am inclined to believe the whole thing was contrived.

It had to be contrived. They did two things in this episode. They bought a gun for one guy, and they built a gun for another guy. In both cases, Red Jacket was unable to perform the actual task, and had to outsource the work.

And for a company with a four month backlog, they sure seem to have a lot of screw-off time and a really clean shop.

Look, I was literally screaming at the TV when snaggle-tooth's husband (can't remember his name) was trying to drill the hole in the charging handles WITH A F*CKING HAND DRILL.

I am NOT, by any definition, mechanically inclined, but even I know to use a god damn'd drill press to drill that kind of hole.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

My 13 year old daughter said the same thing.

This last episode was 100% staged.

And I would have fired that japanese "cannon". Will was acting as if the metal was 500 years old, not 50. Fire the damn thing.

I can't tell you how sick I am of watching everything they shoot explode in flames...

Can't wait for the next one...

i was a bit dissappointed by the last episode also.....it is a joke how they are so back logged yet they continue to mess around. they are turning away work, rushing through the orders so you know quality is compromised, then they are having other people do the leg work for them and making a profit.

and snaggle tooth has been dressing a bit fancy lately, must have gotten a bonus from discovery channel.

lastly, that dude is an idiot for quitting his teaching job for this lacking gun shop.

The whole end of the show I was screaming "fire that g* d* cannon!" it's only 20mm, there are antitank rifles, even "sniper" rifles in that caliber, being an aircraft gun they were built solid ... unless these clown have absolutely no idea what they were doing. I call total BS. There must have been some permit or part issue that prevented them firing it. Total BS. Unless they were 110% that it was going to blow up, because they new they had shit missing or not done right, that cannon would be fired. Who cares that it was 50k, if it blew up (unlikely) you can still weld it back up and sell it for the same price.

and snaggle tooth has been dressing a bit fancy lately, must have gotten a bonus from discovery channel.

I've noticed that too [rofl] Real fancy, designer possum furs.

lastly, that dude is an idiot for quitting his teaching job for this lacking gun shop.

Dude, he is like "COO" now [shocked]

HOLY CRAP!!!!

That part was painfully entertaining. Only thing that would have been better is if the bit broke, the drill spun out of his hands and hit him in the mouth chipping a tooth to match the wife. :cool:

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk while sitting in the Burlington Mall parking lot.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

I was completely surprised by that also! It basically took someone who is learning to be a gunsmith, which I believe takes brains and talent, and made him look like an idiot! The fact that there WAS a drill press on site made it look even worse that he didn't use it to begin with.[banghead]

I bet they were a nice little shop that no one had grudges with.... Until Discovery ruined them with unnecessary drama created to rake in money

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

This last episode was 100% staged.

And I would have fired that japanese "cannon". Will was acting as if the metal was 500 years old, not 50. Fire the damn thing.

I can't tell you how sick I am of watching everything they shoot explode in flames...

Can't wait for the next one...

Everything on TV is staged besides sports games and live newscasts.

Back
Top Bottom