• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new discouraged LTC holder

Looking around in forums and at gunshops seeing all this price gouging.. Kinda disheartening. Seems like everyone is trying to make their first million selling certain guns. What ever happened to good for the community that we belong to. it seems like " pay my mortgage or buy a gun." Little sarcasm there but dam. Will it ever even out?

The value of commodities can and will rise and fall. Would you prefer the gov set prices on everything? There are plenty of nice guns around to buy at good prices as long as you aren't looking for a super-killy black rifle.

Welcome first off and congrats on the LTC... consider going green lots of benefits...

We are all feeling the awful pricing going on... some think it is just the free market and a sellers market. Others are discouraged at the fact fellow gun owners and shops are taking advantage of a situation.

Like always it will all fizzle out yet who knows when... Until then think about getting your C&R license and saving for a habit that will drain your bank account...

Congrats on all the above. I'm guessing you're looking for an AR? Or AK? There are still good prices on here and at gun shops , if you can find whatever you're looking for.

Sent from my POS iPhone

Welcome, and try not to be too discouraged. Congratulations on your new LTC. No restrictions, I hope. Things are crazy now, but they will likely calm down. I have seen quite a few good guns around, just not too much in the way of Glocks, AR's, and AK's. Don't panic.

Do voice your concerns to your friends on Beacon Hill, and make sure they know that you do not support any of the legislation proposed. Prices will go down and supply will go up a lot faster if the legislation on Beacon Hill dies sooner rather than later. It may not happen, but it's the way forward.

it sucks, but jar made a great post earlier... you can expect to be buddy-****ed if you're not buying from your buddies.

it's a tough time to be breaking into shooting, but this is just what happens from time to time. if you are patient you can piece together a black rifle and not break the bank. by patient i mean patient. my girlfriend's rifle took almost three months to build. waited for the part i wanted and then STRUCK LIKE A COILED KING COBRA! POW!

Welcome to the forum, look around there are still many good deals. Think of you're NEEDS first as opposed to you're WANTS

Here is a few helpful tips

Home defense: Think Shot Gun Remington 870's, Mossberg 500's are still on the cheap side and Shells are still plentiful.
Personal Carry: 9mm .380 .38 are still available in the $400 to $500 dollar range ( not listing makers you buy what fits you're hand ) so go shoot a few.

Rifles: SKS I have seen some around for as low as $350 too $500 so again look around.

Supply and demand, but Cash is King as well, best of luck

Shooting/Collecting/Stockpiling can be pretty frigging expensive, even before recent events. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

The reality is, you picked a shitty time to get a gun, not purposely I'm sure but that is how it's shaken out.

I'm not sure what exactly it is that your looking for, but my near worthless advice, keep a close eye on the classifieds, you may get lucky, and frankly, thats what it may take.

And my worthless opinion, it is unbecoming to come to a place where the majority are freedom loving ( including a free marketplace) and bitch about pricing, we are adults, we pay what we want for what we want, or we don't.

Get a ruger MK III if you are into handguns, or a Ruger 10/22 if you are into rifles. Work on the basics of marksmanship at 6-8 cents per round so you will be better prepared when things loosen up.

The value of commodities can and will rise and fall. Would you prefer the gov set prices on everything? There are plenty of nice guns around to buy at good prices as long as you aren't looking for a super-killy black rifle.

Agree that I do not want gov to set prices, but I would prefer gov did not influence the market either by threatening unconstitutional laws. A good example is Glock pricing in MA on a normal day. The entire machine gun market pricing is 'created' by gov. A full auto AK that you could trade three oranges and a bottle of water for in some countries, will cost you thousands and much pain to get there.

OP, hang in there and hopefully things will come back to reality in time. I have to admit I was pretty depressed leaving the gun show last weekend. Very sad for my country.

waited for the part i wanted and then STRUCK LIKE A COILED KING COBRA! POW!

( john forsythe narrated voice over )
cobra's strike from a straightened body, RATTLESNAKES strike from a coiled position.

1305548-spitting-cobra-ready-to-attack-in-kalahari-desert-nature-series.jpg

rattlesnake.jpg

Thank you all for your quick responses. I'm definitely new to this forum and its by far the best I found. I have already sent pm to some
people through the classified here. Crossing fingers. Like the love here already. Good day to all.

Congrats on the LTC. Look around and be patient, there are plenty of good deals out there.

I am almost finished with my 2nd AR, and all parts have been purchased since all the craziness.

Figure out what you want and make the NEW POSTS button in the header your new best friend. Plenty of deals to be had right here in the classifieds if you're ready and willing to act fast. I think my last two purchases both involved me sending an "I'll take it" within 30 minuites of something being listed.

Thank you all for your quick responses. I'm definitely new to this forum and its by far the best I found. I have already sent pm to some
people through the classified here. Crossing fingers. Like the love here already. Good day to all.

Go green, it only gets better.

15 weeks after photo/finger printing

Now I'm depressed. I'm only 4 weeks into my wait, and the Detective told me 12-16 weeks. I didn't think he was serious, just trying to temper my expectations. Maybe demand will have waned by April.

do not be discouraged, I got my license right after Obummer got elected the first time around. things were pretty slim then, albeit this is a different animal, but they did get better. Look at the classifieds here, like others have said deals are to be had.

Congrats on all the above. I'm guessing you're looking for an AR? Or AK? There are still good prices on here and at gun shops , if you can find whatever you're looking for.

Sent from my POS iPhone

conceal carry is ofcourse what I'm looking for 9mm or .40. but to answer your question about AK OR AR'S. I'm a AK kinda guy.

There are still reasonably priced carry handguns in classifieds, try a few to see what fits your hand well in your caliber of choice, then keep watching WTS posts or post WTB. You don't really need an AR-15 right away to carry, do you? [wink]
ARs may be a risky investment anyway, since you have to register them in MA and they can be confiscated soon...

There are still reasonably priced carry handguns in classifieds, try a few to see what fits your hand well in your caliber of choice, then keep watching WTS posts or post WTB. You don't really need an AR-15 right away to carry, do you? [wink]

no, but it's not about need. [wink]

p.s. get an AK. SKS at least!

Of course not I wouldn't need an AK now to carry. But I would love the challenge to have the opportunity to build one in the future..

Back
Top Bottom