• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new discouraged LTC holder

Chin up! The reality is that this happened before, in 2009. No, it wasn't as bad as it is now and prices didn't fully recover, but it did happen and a few short months before the vote for presidency started you could buy a Troy from Dick's fro $900. Sure there were events that derailed that effort, but I think you will see, once things cool down, that you could be back at a retailer looking to cash in for the still heated buying prowess offering something similar. The shelves will begin to fill with ammo again and we'll be back to complaining about the same stupid stuff we did before.

Join as a member. It's like 20 bucks or something. It makes your name green, green and opens a whole new forum. It's worth it, as long as you have thick skin, and aren't a total statist. [wink]

Congrats and welcome to the fold.

Yes, prices do suck, but it depends on what you want - 1911s, wheelguns etc, are still selling reasonably and at good prices.

I have a feeling that in time, prices are going to come down, precipotusly - I for one, would LOOOOOOOOVE an M14 - but no way in hell will I drop 3 grand for one.

Keep hope alive, you joined an exclusive enough club and this is a great community at NES.

Also, aside from GOA, the NRA, GOAL, SAF etc, check out It's Time 2A to get involved.

Looking around in forums and at gunshops seeing all this price gouging.. Kinda disheartening. Seems like everyone is trying to make their first million selling certain guns. What ever happened to good for the community that we belong to. it seems like " pay my mortgage or buy a gun." Little sarcasm there but dam. Will it ever even out?

Just keep shopping and don't suck for shit prices. There are deals to be had but you have to get out more.

-Mike

Looking around in forums and at gunshops seeing all this price gouging.. Kinda disheartening. Seems like everyone is trying to make their first million selling certain guns. What ever happened to good for the community that we belong to. it seems like " pay my mortgage or buy a gun." Little sarcasm there but dam. Will it ever even out?

Gun shops are not price gouging. That is a pretty ignorant and inconsiderate statement for you to make. Take an economics class. Do you have any idea how bad this could turn out for gun shop owners?

Sorry if I'm coming off as a bit harsh but you come off as a bit harsh to an entrepreneur with empty shelves and legislation on the table that is making every attempt to put you under. Shop owners have mortgages to pay, too.

Welcome to the Forum and on obtaining your LTC. There are plenty of decent guns at good prices. A Third Generation S&W Auto Pistol or a good solid used S&W or Ruger .38 or .357 Revolver. Defensive long arm: Mossberg 500 series shotgun among others. There are lots of choices.

Also remember in capitalism, the law of supply and demand prevails. [wink]

OP. If you're buying your first gun just go for it do you really care if its more now than it was 2 months ago?
Pop into some gun shops. They will have something for you. Ammobunker in Woburn has some S&W M&Ps which are a decent carry gun.
If you had attended the show weekend you would've seen hundreds of guns for sale. Some of the prices weren't half bad. Some wer in the stratosphere. I saw several of the Remington 1911s for the low $600s. That's not gouging.

I agree Bfatz.. Get a nice 870 for home protection for home defense. Keep looking around. And do research on guns that you think u might want. Trust me ammo is hard to come bye on 9mm. Good luck

Everything depends on what you're looking to buy.

Shotgun prices have not inflated, though many of the cheaper models are currently out of stock everywhere.

I just bought a nice Seecamp .32. Looks barely used, as few would choose a Seecamp as a shooter. New they're $500 - $525. An old receipt in the box told me the last owner bought it in 2008 for $490. I paid $400 with a near-new Ankle Holster included. So no inflation on this.

I expect that with the exception of the flavors-of-the-week, that there are many fair deals out there, maybe even some bargains.

I remember when $199 for an SKS was a lot. others remember SKSs at $89. 2.5 years after obama was elected, prices on WASR AKs dropped to $399. I bought another AK at $599, a couple months later they are $800.

my point is it is all relative,,,buy what you can afford and don't look back. most likely the "price gouging" you see today will be a good deal tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom