New BATFE Books?

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Did any C&R FFL recently receive a new book from BATFE? [NOT referring to new C&R FFL applicants getting the "package" of books, only existing C&R FFLs getting/not getting updates to said books.]

I saw a post somewhere that they had updated one of their books and sent it to "all FFLs".

I used to receive literally everything, including 4473s, etc. even though they weren't applicable to C&R FFLs. I'm wondering if I fell off their radar screen or if they are now being selective as to what they send to whom?

I did not get anything since my first first set of books. I actually bought one of the FFL log books to log my C&R items.

I'm sure my wife will call me at work immediately if I get anything from the AFT [rofl]

I haven't, and I sure won't be paying $$ to get it if it does show up.... since the idiots at the BATFE can't properly handle a change of address form anymore and continue to use my old address as my mailing addr.

I haven't, and I sure won't be paying $$ to get it if it does show up.... since the idiots at the BATFE can't properly handle a change of address form anymore and continue to use my old address as my mailing addr.

The books are sent free of additional charge to you. Sorry, but nothing to get up in arms about here.

The books are sent free of additional charge to you. Sorry, but nothing to get up in arms about here.

No, since they have yet to update my old address, it gets forwarded to my PO Box. I get a nice note from them saying I have a package from the BATFE and will require $3.73 to pick it up as the postage the BATFE uses doesn't cover the forward.

Have you tried sending in another application for amended license?

First one when I moved, got two copies of the booklet and paid for it hoping my license was in the second one...nope.... called them...got them to fax me a copy, their fax failed...they sent me a blank page...called back...got them to mail it to my premise address....

Sent another copy. Waited 2 months
Sent another copy. Waited 2 months
Sent another copy. Waited 1 months, gave up.

I know C&R license questions often get mentioned here but this section is supposed to be for military surplus collectors.
I don't want to sound like a forum Nazi but I still think any C&R license related questions belong in the laws general section where there are already a bunch of related posts. After all, many people who have 03FFls use them for discounts and have never bought a single C&R eligible firearm. I'm guessing they'd check the laws section first for answers or input.

I agree, but on the other hand, every time we find one of those "discount" 03s, all you need to do is post some of that gun pr0n of yours and they'll be hooked.

Perhaps a Mod can move this thread to the Gun Laws section (and keep Ray happy [wink] )?

Since MilSurp = C&R, I figured this to be a reasonable place to ask. It could go in either place I suppose.

Ray is the moderator for the Milsurps forum, as well as the Larry Flynt of C&R firearms. You know, that would make a great custom title.

Ray is the moderator for the Milsurps forum, as well as the Larry Flynt of C&R firearms. You know, that would make a great custom title.

I didn't know that but unless he's Mod for where he wants to move a thread to, I doubt he's able to do it. So it will take one of the Mods who have power over all forums to do that.

I haven't gotten updated books in a while, and to be honest have never used the ones I have. I usually just check on line for the status of firearms I'm interested in.

Back
Top Bottom