• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions October

Define acquisition.
gegyqemy.jpg
ne6u8u8e.jpg

Lucky man, congrats!!! Winner!

Not new but sure feels new after having my Para Carry Cerakoted by J&S Guns in Acushnet. Original black slide and frame but did the beavertail safety, slide release, mag release and safety in Titanium for some contrast. Hopefully she is ready for another 15 years of daily carry. DSC06207.jpg

IMG_01561.jpg

New VP9. Feels great in hand, changed out the side panels for the large and kept the medium backstrap. I can't wait to try this baby at the range.

EDIT: man do i need a better place to take photos

Last edited:
Very nice!
Does "transition" mean that she has the A1's mainspring housing?

Danke Jürgen!

"Transition" means it includes all the M1911A1 improvements, but was still being called just M1911. There were 10,000 of these built in 1924. The A1 designation was not formally adopted until 1926.

"The M1911A1 changes to the original design consisted of a shorter trigger, cutouts in the frame behind the trigger, an arched mainspring housing, a longer grip safety spur (to prevent hammer bite), a wider front sight, a shortened hammer spur, and simplified grip checkering (eliminating the "Double Diamond" reliefs)."

Danke Jürgen!

"Transition" means it includes all the M1911A1 improvements, but was still being called just M1911. There were 10,000 of these built in 1924. The A1 designation was not formally adopted until 1926.

"The M1911A1 changes to the original design consisted of a shorter trigger, cutouts in the frame behind the trigger, an arched mainspring housing, a longer grip safety spur (to prevent hammer bite), a wider front sight, a shortened hammer spur, and simplified grip checkering (eliminating the "Double Diamond" reliefs)."

Wasn't the sights taller ?

It would appear you are correct, my good man! The above was a quick grab on my phone from Wikipedia... here's a blog by Wiley Clapp in the American Rifleman from February 2013 (would consider this rather more "authoritative").

http://www.americanrifleman.org/blogs/m1911-and-m1911a1

Cool. I want a Remington rand .
I had a chance to buy a m1911 for 1000$, but I realized it was replue it and the front sight had a bad braze job . Realized they wanted way to much for it considering the problems it had .

Cool. I want a Remington rand .
I had a chance to buy a m1911 for 1000$, but I realized it was replue it and the front sight had a bad braze job . Realized they wanted way to much for it considering the problems it had .
This one is cherry, with only a minor scratch on the slide and a "newbie" scratch on the frame under the slide slide lock. The brushed bluing unique to that era is original and gorgeous... I'm in love!

ETA: Reading Wiley's article, it's the first time it struck me that most modern 1911's in fact have reverted to the original flat backstrap, and their triggers tend more towards the longer originals as well. I'd always kind of assumed that everything was actually A1-style, because the first thing I'd look for is the cutouts in the frame.

Last edited:
I scored this gem from a fellow NES'r today. I am very happy but also sad about this piece. I have been reading about them for the past hour and absolutely intrigued. Now for the happy parts

Price:$200
(looks like I could get that back for the grips or the holster
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413594746.351576.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413594765.054032.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413594776.800087.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413594812.211218.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413594833.091494.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413594854.627878.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413594866.079026.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413594881.731774.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413594899.303551.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413594922.186972.jpg
One mag is a Walther from same year of 1941 but not matching. The other is a few years later produced by Mauser.

Sent from my Hugh Jass 6+

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413595314.346124.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413595324.725611.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413595339.828171.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413595702.669583.jpg

This is the strangest de milling I have seen I assume this was a bring back as there are no import marks its a shame since it is an all matching example. It actually will rack and "fire" and the pin is intact. I plan to get her firing again and save the original slide and barrel which I believe is all I need. What say you in regard to value or coolness factor. Have you seen one demilled in this fashion before?

View attachment 117123View attachment 117124View attachment 117125View attachment 117127

This is the strangest de milling I have seen I assume this was a bring back as there are no import marks its a shame since it is an all matching example. It actually will rack and "fire" and the pin is intact. I plan to get her firing again and save the original slide and barrel which I believe is all I need. What say you in regard to value or coolness factor. Have you seen one demilled in this fashion before?

That was a punch in the gut. Interesting curio though!

What was a formerly nice ac41 ended up as poor man's cutaway rather than a demil.
I'd smooth the cuts, color them red and rest her to a display case.
However, the holster, grips and two mags are worth way more than what you paid for her.

moar. is this gun done yet?

Waiting on a deal for a bcg and barrel . Trying to find the cheapest one since I'm cutting the bcg in half . I was gonna do a ak .223/556 Bulpup but I figured you and Boris would disown me.

I do have one of Al's coldayinhell bcg I've been saying I'm gonna chop up on him lol .

Last edited:
First one one I already posted about elsewhere here on NES was my new reloading bench since my old bench wasn't in an ideal location or in ideal condition. Acquired the Dillon Strong arm mount, bullet tray, tool holder, and shell bin for the press. Makes its so nice now! Been eyeing the upgrades at the gun shop I get my dillon stuff at.

Second acquisition was an impulse buy, drove to a gun shop I heard about but had never been to. Was hoping to pick up a G42 to try and was hoping for some Gen4 G19 in FDE but would have settled for the black. Nope neither in stock so I hemmed and hawed and took a good deal on a Gen4 G27. I'm not a huge 40 guy but I plan on reloading some .357 SIG at some point and know I can convert it to that or 9mm easy enough. And I have a couple thousand rounds of .40 loaded and it's been taking me forever to chip away at it with only one pistol in .40 which is a kahr pm40 with the super high capacity 5 and 6 round mags[rolleyes]. So I honestly don't even shoot a box when I take it to the range. I practice with it for carry but dnot have much fun rattling off rounds out of it.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom