• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions October

http://38.media.tumblr.com/a7b3fece6e6ade7c340555a9e05276ef/tumblr_mmz0k7jlOY1ru1wbho4_250.gif

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

That's pricey...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, until you consider we took it apart, reassembled it and it still shot dead on. I'm not a great shooter and I put two 0.66MOA groups downrange from a mag fed 16" gun that breaks down in under a minute.

It was shooting better than my 10FP ever has.

Last edited:
No firearms. Yet. But picking up ammo (when I can) and parts for current firearms.

So far a pair of Mosin slings. We only have one Mosin but it is so much fun to shoot that I might get another. The sight is a Mossberg S331 for a 144LSA (late 40's - early 50's .22 target rifle). I have a replacement sight on mine but this is the original rear sight. The white can is Renaissance Wax. The S&W collectors crowd swears by this stuff to protect your firearms, especially the older ones. And then I was out looking for .22lr ammo and this was all I could find.

IMG_0534_zpsdc9cd0d7.jpg
I see you bought that .22lr at nick's sport shop in Palmer. It used to be my go to gun shop because the owner was decent, he ran it with his wife, and it was a small town shop. They used to carry a little of everything, fishing, fly tying, baseball, paintball, archery, metal detecting, etc. They would re-lace gloves, fix fishing rods for a small fee, sharpen skates, and fill c02 tanks. It was a great little spot and local kids always use to be in there learning and talking to the old timers and I enjoyed stopping in there. Then the ammo hording and the shelf stripping gun/ammo panic started and I believe he got fed up and decided to retire.

The new owner is totally price gouging and that seems typical of his business practice. He has gutted the shop and it is going to be guns only from the looks of things. He didnt pay more than $18-20/brick for those wholesale. $50 is insane. He charges way more than than going rate for transfers. I had him transfer something for me figuring on the usual $25 and he pulled some ridiculous fee out of his u know what. He also asks full msrp for all of his guns and everything else in the store and wont negotiate. They'll pretty much tell you anything to get you to buy a gun. He actually tried to tell me a 1970's model 29 with pretty bad flame cutting in the top strap had only been shot 6 times and was a safe queen and blah blah. I asked what they wanted for it and it was a crazy gunbroker fishing type price. Walked right out. I will be avoiding the place like the plague.

Every gun I ever bought new was from Dick. Went in there once since he retired and that will be my last time !
Yea Dick was a good guy he went to highschool with my father. Kind of a shame I think the shop will sink if the new owners keep going like they are.

Yeah, until you consider we took it apart, reassembled it and it still shot dead on. I'm not a great shooter and I put two 0.66MOA groups downrange from a mag fed 16" gun that breaks down in under a minute.

It was shooting better than my 10FP ever has.

and with a less pants-shitting trigger i bet, too. [wink]

My MAS Defense 10.5" upper came in, along with the magpul mbus and rail covers, so I put it all together just now. I remembered I had a rail attachment for my flashlight my brother got me for christmas and added that, that really pulled it together (sorry no pic). The upper came with the flash can, and I think it looks awesome. I can't wait to shoot it Wednesday!

IMAG1617.jpg
IMAG1620.jpg

Although not a "gun show special" moldy bolt gun from the Spanish/American war, or some dueling pistol from the 1800s (as it seems most posts on this forum are these days [rofl]) , I picked up an Eotech G33 3x multiplier, as well as a Geissele SSA-E trigger for my Spikes. Haven't used the magnifier yet, but I'm hoping it will bridge the 200-300m gap I've been having without breaking out the 300 Win Mag! The Geissele trigger is a work of art. "Candy cane" 2.5-3 lb break every time on my work gun!!

Although not a "gun show special" (as it seems most posts on this forum are these days [rofl])

enjoy.....gun show special......K 806

"IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!"- Indiana Jones

Arrived Monday my first Garand from the CMP, Service Grade. Springfield 43 million serial number puts manufacturer date in 1952. The only issue I have with it is the TE in listed as 4+ while the ME is 2. Waited only 2 weeks from the time the order was posted to arrival. I didn't make any special requests.
M1-1.jpg M1-2.JPG M1-3.JPG M1-4.JPG

Just finished wiring up the LEDs in my safe. The ones that came with it from liberty were a joke!! Got a 120V to 12V power supply, 01 580 Lumen light bar, and 04 70 Lumen modules and a garage "normal open/normal close" magnetic switch. I can see now!!

Just finished wiring up the LEDs in my safe. The ones that came with it from liberty were a joke!! Got a 120V to 12V power supply, 01 580 Lumen light bar, and 04 70 Lumen modules and a garage "normal open/normal close" magnetic switch. I can see now!!

Looks good. I've been meaning to do this forever. I can't see a goddamn thing without a flashlight. Thanks for the inspiration.

Looks good. I've been meaning to do this forever. I can't see a goddamn thing without a flashlight. Thanks for the inspiration.

No problem! I will admit, this photo was a little premature- I have to get some braided wire in lieu of the current single strand for the smaller LEDs (why there are some gator clips on the power supply). But, if you want a list of what I ordered, I can provide. It came to about $100 between amazon and superbright LEDs. The 12V power converter is cool too because I can now power limitless and pointless add ons in my safe....No, I don't NEED a raspberry that texts me every time my safe opens..buuuuut- yeah, this thing has opened some doors...

No problem! I will admit, this photo was a little premature- I have to get some braided wire in lieu of the current single strand for the smaller LEDs (why there are some gator clips on the power supply). But, if you want a list of what I ordered, I can provide. It came to about $100 between amazon and superbright LEDs. The 12V power converter is cool too because I can now power limitless and pointless add ons in my safe....No, I don't NEED a raspberry that texts me every time my safe opens..buuuuut- yeah, this thing has opened some doors...
Yeah, you can PM me a list when you get a chance, no rush. That would be a big help. I've put it off for too long. Thanks.

ebay. lots of LED stuff on ebay...
Absolutely. I'm going to start looking around. I just like to have a shopping list first. It makes my life a little easier to see what others have used.
I'm pretty sure there was an LED thread here somewhere. I'll have to search for that.
Thanks

Absolutely. I'm going to start looking around. I just like to have a shopping list first. It makes my life a little easier to see what others have used. I'm pretty sure there was an LED thread here somewhere. I'll have to search for that. Thanks

I wired mine using led kit from ikea. Buy a kit for $20 & can expand as needed. For extra $10, the led kit can change color spectrum too. Very groovy.

username

Back
Top Bottom