New acquisitions for November 2008!

Here's a couple of new "off the beaten path" irons:

Desert Eagle in 50 Action Express in hard chrome. The .44 Mag barrel and chrome mags are enroute. [grin]

DE50ae.jpg

Both will be in attendance at the Pumpkin Shoot!

I have to admit... I didn't care for your other DE that I shot at last year's Shirley shoot, but after seeing you buy that 50AE at the shoot I held in Rochester. I've been wanting to check it out.

Not a gun, but today my Dad helped me finish renovating my kegorator. No more opening the door to pour from picnic taps.
kegs.jpg

First post!

Technically, this is an October acquisition, but it was a busy weekend.

Anvil Arms stripped lower with family crest!

lower1.jpg

lower2.jpg

NICE. Beeeer. Is that a Kill-A-Watt plugged into the wall?

Yeah, that's a kill-a-watt, and next to it is a Ranco temperature controller. Basically it's an external thermostat, since the kegorator is a converted freezer. The controller has a digital thermostat that trips a relay that controls the power to the freezer. The conversion was done by taking the door off, building a wooden collar around the top (2x6s inside with 1x10s around the outside) and attaching the door to the collar. This gave me the extra height to fit the CO2 tank on top of the compressor hump, and gave me a place to drill through for the shanks.

Its killin' me seeing all these sweet purchases and not being able to buy anything lately!!!

sorry, just had to get that out.

yeah, the only thing I bought since my last rifle was a couple boxes of .22's and some 7.62x54r....and it wasn't the 440 round can[sad]

hey guys... poor picture, and it doesn't really show what i bought.

i'll take some more soon, i just happened to have this one handy from my camera phone

well it's a S&W 1911.

this thing rocks. i started to make some curly maple grips but i learned a thing or two on the way and didn't expect to get it perfect the first time, so i'll be making some more tomorrow when i get in the right drill bits and counterbore.

man i love 1911's This is my first one.

now the sickness starts, i'm sure i'll be buying all kinds of toys for it

i already have all of the wood in my shop figured out for about 5 different sets of grips.

mmm cocobolo next
grip.jpg

I voted, and picked up some insurance this morning:

I'll get pictures later:

Century Arms AK-47
Remington 870(?would have to check again) 12g
Keltec pistol .380
Two Sabre Defence stripped lowers
Case of ammo for AK
Ammo for keltec, and shotgun

I'll get pictures later:

Century Arms AK-47
Keltec pistol .380
Case of ammo for AK

holy crap!!!

I'll get pictures later:

Century Arms AK-47
Keltec pistol .380
Case of ammo for AK
Man! That's an arsenal!

[smile]

Good for you.

Well, I have an acquisiton for the upcoming weekend and hunting season.

My father is letting me use his Savage 12 ga semi-auto shotgun. This gun was his uncle's, and hasn't been shot in about 30 years. It is in 98% condition. It says on the left side of the gun that it was designed by John M Browning. The barrel recoils into the reciever and the action loads the next round. 3+1 capacity.

This picture is the same model, but not my father's shotgun. My father's only has one barrel, but has the interchangeable chokes and the compensator. It is a takedown, and has a leather takedown case. He has the original paperwork and sales tag. One choke is marked FC (full choke?) and the other was marked SPC I believe.....it has a very wide opening...maybe for slugs?

savage2.JPG

Can anyone tell me more about this gun?

Edit: Did some research. Same thing as a Browning A-5. Manufactured between 1930 and 1949.

Last edited:
I picked up a Ruger 10/22 "inclement-weather-resistant" carbine last night at Wayne's Weaponry. Composite stock, stainless barrel, three clear mags, manual with scope mount, new .22 boresnake, and a nice Ruger case for $145. It was filfthy but it cleaned up nice.

This morning I picked up another 10/22 carbine from Collector's Gallery. It has a blue barrel and a wood stock and it's kinda rough, but I only paid $50 for it.

Today I'm going to pick up a Savage Mark II left-handed youth model I bought last week, which goes to my 11-year old for Christmas. I'm buying one more 10/22 and I'll add a couple stocks and some fun stuff to build up nice LTRs for my daughter (14) and my oldest son (17), as well as a 10/22 for Dad to shoot. I plan to have us all attend an Appleseed event next year.

I'm going to be out of room in my safe pretty soon!

I lost my virginity to a Jew!
What a coincidence! So did I. [grin]
I predict this thread ...gets huge [wink]
I predict this thread... does not, as folks will be trying not to advertise to the gunbanners.
I plan to have us all attend an Appleseed event next year.
And another one gets it. See you there, Marcus. There will be something like 6 shoots in New England on Patriot's Day weekend.

Marcus, plan on getting at least 4 magazines per rifle. For the Rugers, most of us have discovered that the factory mags work best. There doesn't seem to be a difference between the clear ones and the black ones, though. Stay away from mags with plastic lips, too.

Mark, if you need any help with the LTR upgrades, let me know. I'll be glad to help you sight them in once you get tech sights on them too. Same offer goes for anyone within 25 miles of Westford or willing to come to me.

Today I was looking for an Upper for one of My Prebans. After the tragic election I opted to just by a hole other Gun. Picture before I added my extra parts.
PB050076.jpg

and after
PB050078.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom