• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for March 2015

Got this during Cabelas opening in Berlin MA. For the price, it's a no brainer. Pic from cabelas flyer. It's a Savage 10T 308 comes with the accutrigger, accustock, tactical bolt, 5R rifling heavy barrel and has a detachable mag. Will try to dress up this rifle as low cost as possible. Currently looking at Primary Arms® New 4-14X44 FFP Scope with Patented ACSS® HUD DMR .308 for scope. Sub $800 rifle with 1000 yard capability?

savagearm10T_zpsqymzhzde.jpg

Last edited:
I suggest a new scope.. not the PA arms one.. ive had two and both lost their reticle alignment and tilted off verticle, or just fell to the bottom of the scope, after a few boxes of 308 on my Sig 716 .

I suggest a new scope.. not the PA arms one.. ive had two and both lost their reticle alignment and tilted off verticle, or just fell to the bottom of the scope, after a few boxes of 308 on my Sig 716 .

Thanks for the heads up. I'll stick to with Nikon M308 scope. Still able to stick under 1k for a good sniper rifle.

Got this during Cabelas opening in Berlin MA. For the price, it's a no brainer. Pic from cabelas flyer. It's a Savage 10T 308 comes with the accutrigger, accustock, tactical bolt, 5R rifling heavy barrel and has a detachable mag. Will try to dress up this rifle as low cost as possible. Currently looking at Primary Arms® New 4-14X44 FFP Scope with Patented ACSS® HUD DMR .308 for scope. Sub $800 rifle with 1000 yard capability?

That's a great deal, love the size of the bolt.

was just at Cabela's earlier and with all the people these might be going quick, haha.

Nice pick up! I would check out SWFA's SS scopes. If you aren't shooting less than 100 yards then a fixed 10x is a really a good choice and economical.

http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-10x42-Tactical-Riflescope-P53712.aspx

Norinco 1911a1 that i picked up from Precision Point, John is a good guy.

had my friend polish the barrel and give it a trigger job as well as clean up the commie Chinese seizure dremel work

IMG_4238[1].jpg IMG_8272[1].jpg

I now see what people where talking about a 1911 being loved for its lego like ability and historical allure

Is the barrel threaded on that model? I'm tempted to get one if they still have any in stock at that price. That's a great deal

had my friend polish the barrel and give it a trigger job as well as clean up the commie Chinese seizure dremel work

View attachment 132857View attachment 132858

I now see what people where talking about a 1911 being loved for its lego like ability and historical allure

Be careful, they become addictive. Like potato chips, you can't just have one! [smile]

Is the barrel threaded on that model? I'm tempted to get one if they still have any in stock at that price. That's a great deal

Barrel is not threaded. There is a rem 700 with 18in threaded barrel, hogue stock & x-pro trigger on sale for $599.

(
)

Just acquired this first year (1957) Colt National Match. Haven't shot it yet. Condition is pretty good considering it's 58 years old.

Attachments

• DSC_0998A.jpg
    DSC_0998A.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_1000a.jpg
    DSC_1000a.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

View attachment 132857View attachment 132858

Liking the 1911. Looks terrific. [thumbsup]

Got a bunch of goodies in the mail today. New free milled logo replacement grips from Coonan. Also some different Wolff recoil springs to keep the brass from ejecting 40 feet away, some Buffalo Bore 125 gr JHP to try out, and 200 new starline 44 magnum brass cases. View attachment 132929View attachment 132930

Got a bunch of goodies in the mail today. New free milled logo replacement grips from Coonan. Also some different Wolff recoil springs to keep the brass from ejecting 40 feet away, some Buffalo Bore 125 gr JHP to try out, and 200 new starline 44 magnum brass cases. View attachment 132929View attachment 132930

you need a range report thread on that gun.
must be awesome

Haha thanks Canndo. Ya Michael I just uploaded some pics from yesterday's range trip. Hands a little sore lol.

Here's the rifle that I was waiting for delivery:

Something that I had wanted to buy for a while; when they first came to my local gun shop they didn't have any in .308; so I passed on it.

I found this used Mannlicher Steyr Scout .308 at Bud's Gun Shop online. The original receipt for the gun was in the box; I paid $400 less then the original buyer 2 years ago!

Here are some photos; the scope has been bore sighted; now to get to the range and finish dialing it in!

scout1.jpg

scout2.jpg

scout3.jpg
Very nice. Looking for one of these.

Back
Top Bottom