• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for March 2015

DW357

NES Member
My CZ Kadet 22lr conversion kit came in the mail today. But my polished CZ75 is at Cajun gun works getting new sights and an action job. Won't have it back until next month.

View attachment 129891

Sometimes you just gotta, even if there's no good reason.

Once CDNN dropped the price to a stupid $269, I just had to...

2s1tche.jpg

d5x5d.jpg

2zxxkew.jpg

This is surprisingly well-built, with serious heft. And it's a serious shitload of fun. "Pew, pew, pew!"

I already submitted the Form 1 to SBR it, as God intended it to be.

Not a firearm, but a new shooting buddy. She's bred to hunt foxes so I hope she isn't gun-shy.

SAM_0421_zps8967cqxi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

She is a 6 year old that we rescued yesterday. She seems to be settling in nicely.

Attachments

• SAM_0421.jpg
    SAM_0421.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Free State Fun:

FNH FNX-45 Tactical.

15+1 rounds of .45acp.
Comes with standard suppressor-height night sights, pre-milled and tapped for a micro red dot and with a threaded barrel.

Waiting on a Trijicon RMR and eventually a suppressor for this badboy:
cG5DJbo.jpg

Also came in a nice FNX case:
aILibHU.jpg

Free State Fun:

FNH FNX-45 Tactical.

15+1 rounds of .45acp.
Comes with standard suppressor-height night sights, pre-milled and tapped for a micro red dot and with a threaded barrel.

cG5DJbo.jpg

aILibHU.jpg

that's a mint blaster, dude. now you need a can to go with it.

Free State Fun:

FNH FNX-45 Tactical.

15+1 rounds of .45acp.

cG5DJbo.jpg

aILibHU.jpg

OH MY!!!!
That sure would make one H#** of a bump in the night gun....

Free State Fun:

FNH FNX-45 Tactical.

15+1 rounds of .45acp.

cG5DJbo.jpg

aILibHU.jpg

Have you shot it/one with an RMR yet? I bought one for mine, but took it off- I found it difficult to acquire a sight picture quickly ("finding" the red dot compared to others)and thought the co witness with the Trij sights was cluttered. Just something to think about before you drop $500 on a tacticool RMR! If you do, get the smallest MOA possible! Love the gun though- very nice trigger in single action. Kind of stinks that you cannot completely take it down without breaking the safety, though. Enjoy!

Have you shot it/one with an RMR yet? I bought one for mine, but took it off- I found it difficult to acquire a sight picture quickly ("finding" the red dot compared to others)and thought the co witness with the Trij sights was cluttered. Just something to think about before you drop $500 on a tacticool RMR! If you do, get the smallest MOA possible! Love the gun though- very nice trigger in single action. Kind of stinks that you cannot completely take it down without breaking the safety, though. Enjoy!

I havent shot one with an RMR yet. I figured I would commit to getting competent and good with the irons before doing so. I agree a $500 sight is a bit crazy overkill but its also almost like this gun was made for the RMR. I can see how the sight picture could get a bit cluttered. But I also rarely shoot irons which makes me lean towards getting one. I have a red dot on my .22, on my shotgun, and I scoped my .44. We'll see how things go once I get a few hundred more rounds down the barrel!

My new Rifle finally came in today! My new favorite, Arsenal AK-74 with Cold War era East German bakelite mag, I absolutely love the feel of this gun I cannot wait to hit the range!

300.jpg

Got two new toys last couple months.

AJC_7256_zpsxbjlqoyi.jpg

AJC_7260_zpsjsr8eit8.jpg

Nice to see another CZ owner especially the Shadow model-very nice. I just bought a new CZ75b polished stainless model last month. It's at Cajun Gun Works now getting an action job and new sights.

Nice to see another CZ owner especially the Shadow model-very nice. I just bought a new CZ75b polished stainless model last month. It's at Cajun Gun Works now getting an action job and new sights.

At Cajun Gun Works? Very nice, I got lazy and get the CZ Custom version instead.

At Cajun Gun Works? Very nice, I got lazy and get the CZ Custom version instead.

Yeah their the other big CZ gunsmith gurus like CZ Custom. But thats a sweet gun from CZ custom, real sharp looking. I guess I liked the Mexican drug lord look with the high polished CZ75 haha.

Got a 70's kick today!! Went in for one left with 3....

74 Hi-Power, no grips, one preban mag
78 Colt Detective Special
74 CZ70 with 3 mags, brand new, but old

2015-03-05 21.57.54.jpg 2015-03-05 21.58.07.jpg 2015-03-05 21.58.18.jpg

1912 Tula M95 Nagant Pistol in 100% arsenal refinished condition. Discreet import mark. Came with accessories, and I added 5 boxes of surplus 7.62x38r ammo (1938).

Update: upon disassembly, the cylinder matches but the side plate is a line out and a force match. Barrel is very good.

Last edited:
A few new to me things this month

- true glow red dot for my m&p15
- didn't buy it this month, but I did finish my mosin refinishing.
- Beretta 92fs Inox that I just picked up at the Wilmington show. It shoots great!

857c87262ca9390bd67ce69c130aed47.jpg

1916 M1895 straight-pull Austrian Steyr/Budapest rifle in 8x58r. Budapest made about 25% of the 2.5 million M95s from 1896 to 1918. No import mark. Most of these were converted to carbines in the 1930's with the caliber change from 8x50r to 8x56r.

T

Last edited:
Picked up a West German P226. Stripped it, cleaned up the 20+ years of dirt & grease, replaced all the springs, and installed a short reach trigger and short reset kit.

DSC_8717.jpg DSC_8721.jpg

Back
Top Bottom