New Acquisitions for March 2015

Pictures later in the week but late February early Mach has been productive WRT acquiring new guns. I was in Argentina in January so I had some time to make up!

I've acquired an FN 1900, Colt Officers Model Target Heavy Barrel (1936 vintage), Colt 1877 Lightning .38 LC (1895) Storekeeper (3" barrel, nickel), a US Customs marked Colt Police Positive Special .38 Special (1936), a S&W Pre-Model 17 .22 (1950), and am waiting for delivery of a Colt Tier III 100th Anniversary 1911-2011, and a Colt Series 70 Gold Cup with Seecamp conversion to Double/Single Action.

I'll post photos of all of them when I receive the two 1911s.

Last edited:
New to me 2010 macbook...

ForumRunner_20150308_180600.jpg

$400 from MacOfAllTrades...
My last mac was a snow iBook G4 that went on a trip to the range with me last fall.....

Ordered a 1tb hdd and 16gb of ram.... brown santa should be here tuesday with 'em....

Sometimes you just gotta, even if there's no good reason.

Once CDNN dropped the price to a stupid $269, I just had to...

2s1tche.jpg

This is surprisingly well-built, with serious heft. And it's a serious shitload of fun. "Pew, pew, pew!"

I already submitted the Form 1 to SBR it, as God intended it to be.

I just picked up the pistol version myself, you aren't kidding about the heft, it weighs as much as the 9mm version from the 80's. For under $250 it was too good a deal to pass up.

Yes, it's big and weighs a ton, but you know, sometimes you got to you with what you know. In this case it's six big .44 caliber slugs.

S&W 24-3 recently acquired.
swm24-3v2.jpg

Here are some photos of the guns; I am waiting for the DA/SA Converted Colt NM...

K22_right.jpg

lightning_ammo.jpg

1900_1.jpg

omt_left.jpg

USCS_DS.jpg

USCS_left.jpg

colt_box.jpg

1911_left.jpg

1911_right.jpg

pon.jpg

holstered.jpg

holster_1.jpg

and just to see if you're paying attention; here's my summertime friend, Squirrely...just to remind me spring is around the corner...

squirrely.jpg

Colt 1903 from 1923. Came with the original box and an added bonus: the original owner's CCW permit from 1934.

That's nice.....great to have the history. I tried like bell to by a neighbors collection.
Not much but everything was pre 1960 back to about 1918. Had everything ,receipts,boxes, everything mint.

Here's the special Colt I was waiting for...

Colt Series 70 Gold Cup National Match .45 acp modified to Seecamp's Double/Single Action by TSW of Paramus, NJ (a Seecamp authorized distributor). I took a close look at the gun; that thing that looks like a single action trigger - is exactly that! I had read that you could remove the DA trigger and it would still work; now I know why! Pretty ingenious!

CGNM_TSWLEFT.jpg

CGNMTSWRIGHT.jpg

New to me, my first truck, finally made the switch from jeeps/suv's. Happy with it so far, just hoping gas stays below $3 for the next couple of years.

truck_crop.jpg

Got myself a S&W 627 Pro Series Revolver and a used Mathews Switchback Bow this week.... pics as soon as I can get off the couch (I also got the flu)

Edit: looks like I've got the beginning of a "walking dead" starter kit. ( lol )

Last edited:
Got another March acquisition, one that surprised me. Didn't expect it for a while.

First, I got this:

28v6c2f.jpg

Holy shit. 88 days.

And it was attached to this:

ibkwec.jpg

Which yielded this:

fw16q1.jpg

And we pull out a Silencerco Spectre II:

debsea.jpg

And then we put it where it belongs:

dreg4l.jpg

2yvwa4g.jpg

88 days for a Form 4 to a Trust is terrific. Not quite a 5 minute NICS, but much better than it had been running.

March is turning into a helluva great month.

Got another March acquisition, one that surprised me. Didn't expect it for a while.

88 days for a Form 4 to a Trust is terrific. Not quite a 5 minute NICS, but much better than it had been running.

March is turning into a helluva great month.

May I ask what date they cashed your check? I have a couple suppressors waiting and I have been following NFA tracker pretty closely. It looks like they are trending under 90 days for a F4 approval, which is exciting. My checks were cashed 2/17 and 2/22 I think so I have 2-3 more months at least I think.

May I ask what date they cashed your check? I have a couple suppressors waiting and I have been following NFA tracker pretty closely. It looks like they are trending under 90 days for a F4 approval, which is exciting. My checks were cashed 2/17 and 2/22 I think so I have 2-3 more months at least I think.

Unknown. I always send a USPS MO.

You're right. Under 90 days is pretty exciting.

I have picked these up over the past month.
80e79e238b9ab84f7805f6c489221852.jpg

A Benelli M2
8b7c7b32e1215437acc89a7c54c76915.jpg

A Rock River Arms R3 with Primary Arms 1-6 scope.
194c2a1a465090bef2cd1fa6f9312870.jpg

A HK VP9
5eea35336fd1bc713f881f69f1dc5a8c.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom