NEW ACQUISITIONS FOR JULY

Yugo M57 Tokarev purchased from the classifieds:

DSC00872.JPG
DSC00875.JPG
DSC00876.JPG
DSC00878.JPG

From what I've gathered online it looks to be a 1963 manufacture date.

It'll fit in nicely with my M48A and M59/66! [smile]

No guns for me this month, but I picked up a copy of the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, Third Edition.

Holy crap, this book is awesome.

If you have any interest whatsoever in S&W firearms this thing is an amazing reference.

No guns for me this month, but I picked up a copy of the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, Third Edition.

If you have any interest whatsoever in S&W firearms this thing is an amazing reference.

Great book. It's also available on Kindle I hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Great book. It's also available on Kindle I hear.

Glock 19. I just keep taking it apart and putting it back together again :)
Too bad there isn't a range within walking distance. Lotta squirrels, though...

just ordered it

70778-500x500.jpg

marlin xt22ro

From the ESEE group buy, my ESEE-3. The scales are Desert Tan, a light color that shows dirt and moisture as soon as you pick it up. I treated the scales with pure tung oil, they darkened up considerably but I like the darker color.

P7190863.jpg

Here's what the scales look like untreated:
ESEE-3PM-DT.jpg

Last edited:
Liberty Safe.

Hmmm, there still seems to be some space in here... I guess I can't fill it up THIS month... moving it was a real bear, and far more expensive than I thought it would be...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2012-07-19 20.20.10.jpg
    2012-07-19 20.20.10.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 445
  • 2012-07-19 20.20.33.jpg
    2012-07-19 20.20.33.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 80
Liberty Safe.

Hmmm, there still seems to be some space in here... I guess I can't fill it up THIS month... moving it was a real bear, and far more expensive than I thought it would be...

attachment.php

Me too--bought a 16 gun Liberty used for just over $600. I made some alterations to it this week, like adding dowels to the rack (so that if the guns moved out of the rack notches at all they wouldn't bang into each other) and a strip of wood on the floor so that the barrels lean back more. Photos to come.

Me too--bought a 16 gun Liberty used for just over $600. I made some alterations to it this week, like adding dowels to the rack (so that if the guns moved out of the rack notches at all they wouldn't bang into each other) and a strip of wood on the floor so that the barrels lean back more. Photos to come.

I got lucky... this is the 64-gun safe (Colonial 50) and I got it for $700 plus $500 to move it... a friend was moving; she had already sold all of the guns after her husband passed.

I installed the goldenrod, but I think I want to put a bigger one into it. I need to add some lighting.

ETA: can you show what you did with the dowels?

I got lucky... this is the 64-gun safe (Colonial 50) and I got it for $700 plus $500 to move it... a friend was moving; she had already sold all of the guns after her husband passed.

I installed the goldenrod, but I think I want to put a bigger one into it. I need to add some lighting.

ETA: can you show what you did with the dowels?

Here is a pic of the safe:
SAM_0783.jpg

My brother and I moved it with a fridge dolly. I think I did pretty good.

My safe isn't quite as big as yours, so notches for seven of the guns are right in front of the open door. Since the notches are so shallow, the guns seemed to fall outof the notches if bumped, like when trying to get to guns in the second row. I added a 1x1 piece of wood (a square dowel, actually) under the middle of the rack to drill 7/16th's dowels into. The 1x1 also reinforces the particle board rack. I added the wood to the sides of the rack to prevent it from sliding forward past the sheving clips. I used simple 1 1/4" drywall screws and countersunk the heads to prevent contact with the guns. Pilot holes in the particle board are crucial to prevent splitting. Not a bad way to spend $10 at Home Depot.

From the top:
SAM_0784.jpg

From the bottom:
SAM_0786.jpg

I also added a small piece of wood to the floor that lays under the bottom of the buttstocks. This makes the guns lean backwards more so they're less likely to be perfectly upright while allowing me to push them further back into the safe, conserving space.

SAM_0785.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the safe:

My brother and I moved it with a fridge dolly.

Appropriate, considering that there's an "I Love Bacon" sticker on it - is that where you keep your tactical bacon safe?

Since the notches are so shallow, the guns seemed to fall outof the notches if bumped, like when trying to get to guns in the second row.

How DO you get the guns into the second row, anyway? Angle them out so the stock is below the level of the floor out in front of the door and then push up? That long-barreled shotgun looks like it'd be difficult to maneuver in there.

How DO you get the guns into the second row, anyway? Angle them out so the stock is below the level of the floor out in front of the door and then push up? That long-barreled shotgun looks like it'd be difficult to maneuver in there.
I've been lifting them up and then pulling the butt stock out over the safe door thresh. I suppose if the safe was full it'd be a major PIA. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

The guns that lean on the dowels actually would move if you so much as breathed on them, so the dowel work was a leaps-and-bounds improvement.

Nice work, Obie! I imagined the dowel coming across the front of the row of barrels, not between them. What you did looks great, and it will certainly solve the issue you're having.

no gun, but I did win a $100 kreiger certificate :)

8017_660297726320_1700526657_n.jpg

Mass State Service Rifle Championships, 2012

my *keeper* trophy (again, I get to keep this one for the year)

580916_660297756260_611733039_n.jpg

been on a roll last couple of weeks, hoping to carry it through Nationals (we leave this coming friday for Ohio)

I know......I know..... it's about 5 hours too early, but I couldn't wait.......

Just picked up something that I've always wanted. This brand new in the box unfired H&K P7M10 .40 cal has the KC date code making it born in 1992. even came with the original bill of sale.

can't wait to get this to the range. No point in having a beauty like this remain unfired..

024.jpg

021-1.jpg

025.jpg

020-1.jpg

26.jpg

UPDATE:

So my apologies to all of those in the "Don't you dare shoot it" camp, but the virgin has been deflowered. And to those that thought the gun wouldnt be accurate or fun to shoot, the very first two rounds were low, but the remaining 8 were in a group as tight as a 20 year old virgin [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom