NEW ACQUISITIONS FOR JULY

My brand new Glock 36 I just got today.[smile] This gun feels perfect in my hands and can't wait to shoot it. I'm liking all these posts so far this month!

4kfcxy.jpg

35ce5b6.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked this up at FS today. My first full-size pistol, can't wait to shoot it. At $450 for night sights, laser and Sig reliability i figured i couldnt go wrong!!

Attachments

• IMG_20120705_175051.jpg
    IMG_20120705_175051.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 123
Just picked this up at FS today. My first full-size pistol, can't wait to shoot it. At $450 for night sights, laser and Sig reliability i figured i couldnt go wrong!!

Nice buy jbos, how are the ergonomics? I do not have any Sig's yet but I hear that it feels good in your grip.

Not a new acquisition for July... but I finally got around to converting my Saiga. Now I just need to buy some AK mags.

SaigaConversion.jpg

Nice buy jbos, how are the ergonomics? I do not have any Sig's yet but I hear that it feels good in your grip.

Ive got some big mitts so i swapped in the larger grip, fills out the palm swell a little more. Most of the Sigs seem top-heavy to me, but this is nicely balanced (and the laser doesnt change things appreciably). Definitely feels plastic compared to my RIA officer 1911, but still manages to feel substantial. The grip is textured front back and sides, so it locks in well. If this thing shoots nearly as well as it feels, its just about the perfect bedside gun. Only drawback i see is the lack of prebans (and it only comes with one mag.). Curious to compare its shooting characteristics vs my Ruger SR9c.

What makes this a investment grade firearm, Was it intentially made in small numbers or did only a small number make it to the states....I cant emagine that thing is fun to shoot? I do like the look though.
Is this your first squeeze cocker? If so, buy a P7 PSP and shoot the barrel out of it. They're great shooters, and the P7 design is one of the finest handgun designs ever in my opinion.

It would be a shame to shoot that gun, simply because of it's rarity and investment value. Moreover, it doesn't shoot as well as the 9mm version, as the slide is very top heavy and the M10 is not nearly as well balanced as the M8/M13. I have a blued M10 which had exactly 1 round through it when I got it (minus the obligatory test-firing in The Fatherland), so I've put a mag through mine.

I haven't shot it since.

For those folks that say that all guns are meant to be shot, while that's certainly true in an empirical sense I sincerely doubt that those same folks own many (if any) investment-grade firearms.

I have many guns that I don't shoot that are investment grade guns, but I do shoot the bulk of them in rotation.

In any event, it's a work of art and enjoy it in whatever way you see fit!

Agreed. I bought it with the intention of shooting it and I intend to do just that. As far as the investment market is concerned, I have followed the market for this gun for quite some time now. used but well cared for m10's can go as high as $2800 and they don't site on the sites for very long. So i'm really not concerned with losing any $ on this gun. The rarity should overcome the fact that it will no longer be NIB.

Joe, who knew you would start such a lively debate: to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question!
I admit that was my first question too. So when's our next range trip???

What makes this a investment grade firearm, Was it intentially made in small numbers or did only a small number make it to the states....I cant emagine that thing is fun to shoot? I do like the look though.

that was the last of the P7 models to be produced (which were the last steel framed HK's) and only about 4,000 were made for the US market. I believe the blued version is rarer than the nickel but that is a question only HK knows the answer for sure... The frame is identical to the M13 while they added weight and height to the slide to compensate for the .40 cal round. They are not the joy that the PSP in 9mm is to shoot though which is reason enough to leave them in the safe. Here is a link with more info...

http://www.remtek.com/arms/hk/civ/p7/m10.htm

Last edited:
2012-07-07 14.32.36.jpg

I've had the rifle for a few months, but I finally got around to putting an EOtech on it. Got it from Primary Arms, and got the magnifier and flip to side mount with it. Pretty good deal overall. Have to go take it on a date now...

New Build, Lightweight AR-15

Started building the lower in February with a stripped lower, and added the parts that I really wanted, as this is probably the last AR build I will do in my 71st year. Added the upper in June, and finally finished up yesterday with the buttstock.

IMG_0001.jpg

Lower: P.O.F Billet, multi, NP3 Coated.Ambi-bolt release.
Palmetto State Arms LPK, with Geissele SSA-E trigger group.
Made a slight compromise on the weight, with a Billet Lower, but it only weighs 10.2 oz and I like the way it looks.

IMG_0002 EDITED.jpg

Upper: Adams Arms EVO Evolution Lightweight MidLength, piston.
The Adams Arms compensator, really works well. Virtually no muzzle rise!
I had the compensator welded by Dave Santurri, for MA compliance.

IMG_0003.jpg

A-1 length stock, MAGS EFX-A1 gives a great cheek weld!
Leupold VX-R Patrol, 1.25-4X
American Defense Recon scope mount
Troy BUIS, Rear and HK front sight
Weight: 6.6lbs

IMG_0004_edited-1.jpg

Took her to the range today, shot with the Troy irons sights only, plinking a coke can at 50 yards without having to zero the sights. I heard Troy stuff was good, but this was amazing, without zeroing the sights at all, and a new gun! Wife and I each shot 30 rounds, flawlessy, no FTE,FTF etc. Her review of the gun was "SWEEET!"

Last edited:
Woops, posted in the wrong thread. Here's another look at the S&W .500. It's just such a bad ass gun. Just make sure to warn people next to you because they will get a smack in the face from the muzzle break. My buddy and I were just laughing at how insane the recoil is. It literally rattles your teeth when you shoot it.

My first shot.

Here's me filming on my iPHone (a bit better quality)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom