NEW ACQUISITIONS FOR JULY

I understand that it strips a LOT easier if you get rid of that @#$@^$% magazine safety.

+1 to that, then the magazines actually drop free like they are supposed to as well.

Yup. Used to be the only real option was a VQ MKII hammer & hammer bushing, and the Volquartsen hammer is about $40. Now there are a few places to get what is essentially a conversion bushing. Check out Majestic Arms: you're lookingfor the "3.2 Bushing".

UPDATE:

So my apologies to all of those in the "Don't you dare shoot it" camp, but the virgin has been deflowered. And to those that thought the gun wouldnt be accurate or fun to shoot, the very first two rounds were low, but the remaining 8 were in a group as tight as a 20 year old virgin [rofl]

Good for you! Unfired firearms make me sad.

Nice!

I understand that it strips a LOT easier if you get rid of that @#$@^$% magazine safety. Wish I'd known that a few years ago before I sold mine. The loaded chamber indicator is another useless piece of un-needed garbage, too - I simply treat it as carefully as if it's loaded all the time!

Yeah, I didn't know about the indicator until the guy at the shop showed me. yep, treat them like it's loaded all the time, regardless of an indicator or not!

Picked up a few items at Acme Armament today along with a great T-Shirt some valuable information on where to start. I didn't see the writing on the T until I got half way home! [rofl]Love it!

Thank you, Adam and Nicloe!

P7280969.jpg

My I.B.M. M1C was getting lonely, so I got a girlfriend for it...a National Postal Meter-maid

National Postal Meter M1 Carbine with Underwood subcontracted receiver. General Motors made barrel dated 1/1944 is bright, sharp, and shows well with the bullet test. Stock is S.J. marked with a faded cartouche, and turned out to cracked from the top left of the band diagonally down to the magazine well; but it was so well glued as to be unnoticeable from the outside. No import mark. Small parts are mixed as is to be expected: SG trigger group and IO flat bolt, but the hand guard and recoil plate are NPM. The carbine came with three magazines and a soft case. Bonus accessory was an original flash hider.

20 rounds to test; 110 gr. Privi RN - first high as I set the elevation, then fire for effect.

044.jpg

020.jpg

027-1.jpg

048.jpg

052.jpg

MS

Bore pic - this one was tough to get.

012.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up a Daniels Defense M4 V5 from a member here. Also Picked up a Acog ta44 from Zero Hour (by far the best price online or local) and put it on a Larue QD mount.

IMG_0418.jpg IMG_0419.jpg

My sister gave this to me tonight as a gift. Crappy pic, but I love this pistol. Had to stop at the range on the way home @1am to try it out [smile]

IMAG0107.jpg

Probably should have waited til the August thread was out but oh well.

Last edited:
My sister gave this to me tonight as a gift. Crappy pic, but I love this pistol. Had to stop at the range on the way home @1am to try it out [smile]

IMAG0107.jpg

Probably should have waited til the August thread was out but oh well.

Nice HK. Technically you acquired it in July so you are correct in posting it here. What a generous sister you have!

Do you have any more sisters like that available? I would like to bring mine back for an exchange please, I think her gift generosity part is broken.

Will post pics later. But I managed to pick up a slightly used S&W 3913 from Greg at GFA. I've always loved those. Now I have another edc. :D

Aloha

The mail man dropped off a new BC M40 stock for my Remington on Monday I mounted the action and took it to the range but I had a few fliers, so I skim bedded the action yesterday, and just torqued in the action. Now I need to head to the range again to see how she preforms I was getting 1/2" groups with the old Hogue stock I hope she tightens up.
0801121729.jpg 0801121730.jpg

Back
Top Bottom