New Acquisitions April

Hey I have one of those! Good choice! Wouldn't mind if they gave a halfway decent box for the money though.
I know right? I'm gonna run it with the pistol grip setup for now. I may switch it to a field stock if I can find one.

Picked this up today at Pullman Arms.

y9ery4yd.jpg

Don't mind the pencil. Only thing that was handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're about to hold a reloading session at a friend's house, making use of his blue XL650 machine.
About half a dozen of our club members including me are in need to stock up on .44 Mag.
These will end up in some hardcore loads using W296

Still got a nice supply of WIN LP primers to go with N110.

Last edited:
Not a gun but still cool

2014 E63 AMG model S

5.5L V-8 Bi-Turbo
577HP
0-60 in 3.4 sec
top speed 186MPH

I had the pleasure of taking an E55 AMG for a ride side by side with a Ferrari 430. From both a stand still and a rolling start at 30 mph the Ferrari would jump to about a half car length lead but could not really gain any more than that till the 150 mph mark when it started to pull away. It was an insane car for a sedan, and I can only imagine what the newer 63 can do. Nice ride, congratulations.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Very nice!! This thread was turning very gay until I saw your post.
I hope you enjoy this history lesson along with my two latest acquisitions. I borrowed some of this collateral material from friends on the S&W forum whose knowledge of these old war horses is second to none.

In the 1920's the police had problems.

One of the big ones was that bullet proof cars, glass and vests were becoming more and more common because of the wealth of gangsters at the time. The tried and true .38 Special, .45acp and lesser cartridges weren't doing the job, so what is a copper to do?

The solution was of course the .357 Magnum, but that came a few years later. In 1930 the solution was this: The .38/44 Heavy Duty.

1) Pre-War 1933

What is it though, really? Simply put, it's the most ridiculously over built .38 special of all time. This is an N Frame .38 special, a .44 magnum sized .38 Special. Heavy Duty was an understatement. The gun was built to take .38 special loads which were pretty much what we consider .357 magnum today.

2) Post-War Transitional 1946

This is a replica of a JJ Henry "Scrollguard" or "New English" flintlock rifle built for me by Steve Losey of Rice Lake, WI. The originals were built about 1835 - 1840 and were popular with the western fur trade. They were purchased in quantity by companies like American Fur Co., Rocky Mountain Fur Co., Bent & St. Vrain etc. We read about the famous Hawken rifles as the mountain man's gun, but Henry's were purchased in far greater quantities. A JJ Henry went for about $11 - $12 at the time while Hawkens went for $28 - $30. My rifle is pretty close to the original. It is stocked in maple, a nice piece of wood, but not fancy (as befits the originals) and has a 44" Rice barrel in .54.

Back
Top Bottom