• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions April

JFC dude, how deep are your pockets? [laugh] I just saw that belt fed AR you got, in another thread and now this!? lol. I need to block your posts from these new acquisiton threads lol, it makes me feel dirt poor and very jealous. That's one hell of a ride.

Last edited:
C'mon its the GUN gallery. Sweet ride but how about a separate thread for gloating and the ensuing ball washing?

Let me start April acquisition with gun related purchase. I got this to keep my beer chill.

9EFFFAFB-038F-46F2-AD15-08EA3E485282_zpswm2ljcsr.jpg

I hope you enjoy this history lesson along with my two latest acquisitions. I borrowed some of this collateral material from friends on the S&W forum whose knowledge of these old war horses is second to none.

In the 1920's the police had problems.

One of the big ones was that bullet proof cars, glass and vests were becoming more and more common because of the wealth of gangsters at the time. The tried and true .38 Special, .45acp and lesser cartridges weren't doing the job, so what is a copper to do?

The solution was of course the .357 Magnum, but that came a few years later. In 1930 the solution was this: The .38/44 Heavy Duty.

1) Pre-War 1933

What is it though, really? Simply put, it's the most ridiculously over built .38 special of all time. This is an N Frame .38 special, a .44 magnum sized .38 Special. Heavy Duty was an understatement. The gun was built to take .38 special loads which were pretty much what we consider .357 magnum today.

2) Post-War Transitional 1946

Last edited:
I hope you enjoy this history lesson along with my two latest acquisitions. I borrowed some of this collateral material from friends on the S&W forum whose knowledge of these old war horses is second to none.

In the 1920's the police had problems.

One of the big ones was that bullet proof cars, glass and vests were becoming more and more common because of the wealth of gangsters at the time. The tried and true .38 Special, .45acp and lesser cartridges weren't doing the job, so what is a copper to do?

The solution was of course the .357 Magnum, but that came a few years later. In 1930 the solution was this: The .38/44 Heavy Duty.

1) Pre-War 1933

What is it though, really? Simply put, it's the most ridiculously over built .38 special of all time. This is an N Frame .38 special, a .44 magnum sized .38 Special. Heavy Duty was an understatement. The gun was built to take .38 special loads which were pretty much what we consider .357 magnum today.

2) Post-War Transitional 1946

Very cool. Learned something new.

Back
Top Bottom