• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions April

Couldn't resist [smile]

09D57385-1990-4C5A-9575-7B3836B6496B_zps82cv47co.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up an earth tone Tavor. Sorry no pics but will post a couple tomorrow.
All of the issues they had with the first edition released back a few years ago have been addressed. There is a 9 mm barre kill conversion which I also purchased. It's s nice handling rifle. Comes up on the target fast after your first shot and with most of the 16.5 barrel enclosed in the stock it's a great short range close quarters rifle.

Nice Fred! I'm jealous!!! I'm not a huge fan of tactical, but I really want a tavor!

Great choice! I love my MKIII hunter. Put in a VQ target sear, mkii hammer bushing (eliminates magazine disconnect) and throw on a red dot, ridiculously accurate with CCI SV ammo.

Was this the MKIII hunter for sale at the gun parlor? Saw a MKIII hunter being advertised on their Facebook page.

OK, i just picked up up tonight from my FFL.

Ruger Mark III Hunter (KMKIII678H)

View attachment 100892
View attachment 100893

Last edited:
Great choice! I love my MKIII hunter. Put in a VQ target sear, mkii hammer bushing (eliminates magazine disconnect) and throw on a red dot, ridiculously accurate with CCI SV ammo.

Was this the MKIII hunter for sale at the gun parlor? Saw a MKIII hunter being advertised on their Facebook page.

no, i didn't catch that. i acquired it else where :)

I didn't end up getting the 637 today... That wasn't my first choice anyways. Showed up at FS, and the gun I wanted was back in case for some reason!

uploadfromtaptalk1397788458812.jpg

New to Me Inland M1 Carbine

Picked this up last week of Gun Broker. One of the few listed for less than a grand. Came with five USGI 15 round mags (two still in original wrappers) so all in, not a boatload of cash, but not a pristine example either. But then again, little in my collection is pristine. I'm far too inclined to handle and shoot my guns to worry about scratches and dings.

It's a non-import marked Inland from September/October 1943 (sn 2,969,XXX) with a 10/44 Underwood barrel, Type 2 milled adjustable rear sight, two rivet handguard, and a flat top bolt. The listing indicated that the stock has a crack in it. I bought it knowing this, and actually looking for such a gun, as I have a decent repro M1A1 Paratrooper stock that I wanted to pop it into. However, when I got the gun, I realized that the crack doesn't appear to be a stress fracture/damage. It appears to be an original defect in the wood. Upon examining the stock, I did find that it has what looks to be an original crossed cannons cartouche and it is marked "OI" (Overton stock manufactured for Inland) in the sling cut-out. But there is no "P" proof mark anywhere on it. That makes me think that perhaps it never passed inspection, because of the defect, and rather than being destroyed, the stock was relaesed to the pblic, at some time, and somebody put the rifle in it. Just a guess, but would love to hear other ideas/theories. Here are few pics:

Carbine4_zpsa2dac7b5.jpg

Flat top bolt:
Carbine2_zps86226131.jpg

Milled rear sight:
Carbine1_zps8644888f.jpg

Crack in the stock:
Carbine9_zps63445665.jpg

Mag pouch that came with it. Marked with authentic war time manufacturer, but my gut says repro.
Carbine8_zps786d8303.jpg

Peterson/Underwood marked two rivet upper handguard:
Carbine3_zps5d2fabf6.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Nice Colt new guy! Love the Detective Specials.

Thanks. It needs a little cosmetic work, up to and potentially including a full refinish since the side plate is currently bare metal, but it's a solid little revolver that's going to make a great CCW (6 shots, bobbed hammer, trimmed grips, etc.) once I get it squared away. I'm actually enjoying the fact that it's never really going to be a collector's piece, and that I can do what I want to it without worrying about destroying future collector's value.

Repro M1A1 Stock

I already posted this Carbine. This time, I'm showing it in the Reproduction M1A1 Paratrooper stock, that I picked up this month. This carbine would be representative of the late war (third model) M1A1 with the bayonet lug and adjustable sight. I'll keep it in this until the oil finish on the stock it came in is dry. The stock isn't a bad rendition, but like many side folders, it suffers from a lack of a rigid lock-up. In fact this stock has no actual lock for the open position. I relies upon pressure from the shooters's right hand (pushing towards the shooter's left side) to keep it steady. My assessment is that it's neat to look at, but I'd never choose it for actual use.

ParaCarbine1_zps2b6218fa.jpg

ParaCarbine5_zps1698069b.jpg

ParaCarbine3_zpsbd8e6845.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom