NES Social Dinner?

Wow, what a great idea for everyone to get together to eat. What genius came up with the plan? Unfortunately, Marlboro is on the other side of the world for me and time constraints and other commitments prevent me from joining. I'd like to say bon-apetit to all and I hope to meet with you next time.

Regards,
Chris

Hey, Chris... I just sorta jumped up and said "I'm gonna be there - come join me. "

Feel free to grab next week at an eatery local to you! [smile] If it's a good one, maybe I'll try to get over to the other side of the world for it.

BTW... Peabody's only about an hour away. Most of us drove that far in a torrential downpour for the first one of these up in NH. The WildWeasels drove over two hours, I think. What else do you have to do on a Sunday, anyway?[smile]

Last edited:
Yes, we drove over 2 hours and avoided a real nasty pile up for the first one. Had great time though.[smile] Wish we could make this one too.[sad]

Dwarven, I'm just giving you guys a hard time. I am familiar with Marlboro, I have to go to Assabet Valley Vocational School occassionally for conferences. I'm going shooting this morning (takes priority) then have to take youngest son to friends b-day party, later today, doing first FTF sale that I've been trying to get done for a week or so. Promise I'll be there next time. Like I said, I like to eat, so my arm doesnt have to get twisted very hard.
Enjoy the day.

Regards,
Chris

Lost count because of all the smoozing....but I think I had 3.

granted you heaped yours....I just fill. heheheh

We're both goin for a walk soon! damn I need it!

Good times were had!

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Yeah I had a great time. C-pher I was looking forward to meeting you, I didn't see your last nevermind post so I asked Ross where you were. They had GUINNESS!!!!(I showed some restraint and only had 2 [wink] ) It was great to meet everyone, I had a good time. Hope to catch you soon C-pher!

It was great to meet the new folks and to finally meet Jen & Patrick! I'm still stuffed from lunch (groan).

Derek, CenterMass181, CRakowski & went to a bar in Marlboro afterwards and sat and talked for a couple more hours. Just got home. Great day; we need to do it again.

SiameseRat said:
Yeah I had a great time. C-pher I was looking forward to meeting you, I didn't see your last nevermind post so I asked Ross where you were. They had GUINNESS!!!!(I showed some restraint and only had 2 [wink] ) It was great to meet everyone, I had a good time. Hope to catch you soon C-pher!

I know, I was hoping to meet you guys as well.

Next time. Things just got crazy here and we've been working around the house all day long. Only two more loads of laundry and I can relax...errrr....go to bed for work tomorrow.

Sorry we couldn't make it guys. On a good note, Ed's feeling better. [smile] And, after considering it further, it would be better to have two hands that work well when doing BBQ. More fingers to lick, donchaknow. [laugh] We'll hopefully catch ya the next time.

dwarven1 said:
It was great to meet the new folks and to finally meet Jen & Patrick! I'm still stuffed from lunch (groan).

Derek, CenterMass181, CRakowski & went to a bar in Marlboro afterwards and sat and talked for a couple more hours. Just got home. Great day; we need to do it again.

I don't think there's a finer bunch of people in this state to spend the afternoon with. Was one of the very few times I've felt "at home" in my 7 years of living here. My only regret is that I didn't have any war stories to tell. Special thanks to the Dwarf for setting it up and Derek and CM for letting me hang around afterwards.

Chris

So when are we doing this again? Mark was saying Redbones. Which would be really convenient for Patrick, Crakowski and I. And apparently TeleMark, since he mentioned it...

crakowski said:
I don't think there's a finer bunch of people in this state to spend the afternoon with. Was one of the very few times I've felt "at home" in my 7 years of living here. My only regret is that I didn't have any war stories to tell. Special thanks to the Dwarf for setting it up and Derek and CM for letting me hang around afterwards.

Chris
letting you? I had a great time! whered you live 8 years ago?

SiameseRat said:
So when are we doing this again? Mark was saying Redbones. Which would be really convenient for Patrick, Crakowski and I. And apparently TeleMark, since he mentioned it...

Well, gee, Jen... you saw how easy it is! You just say "I'm going to be at Redbones for [insert meal here] at [time] on [date]. Whoever wants to meet me for [meal] let me know and I'll reserve a table."

Come on, say it with me! [laugh]

So... when is your NES dinner?

SiameseRat said:
I won't even be home from work until 7 so I'll have to take a pass on this one
Actually, as soon as I posted that I realized that's a lie. I have off on the 17th because Patrick and I are taking a long weekend up in Portland, ME. We'll be there from the 17th-20th.

Please understand a few things about "get togethers" for dinner/lunch:

- We are a geographically diverse group, sometimes we act like we are all in Eastern MA, but we are NOT. We have folks in RI, CT, NY, ME, NH, VT plus a few that are MUCH further away.

- Therefore, no event is going to be in everyone's back yard!

- By jumping around geographically, we get to meet folks that are usually "in that area", build some camaraderie with "our neighbors" so to speak.

- Nobody expects that everyone can make every event.

Marlboro was 1 hour away for me, but I had to be elsewhere trying to recoup money instead of spending it that day. Plus SWMBO wanted to attend a concert here in town (we usually try to attend all of them . . . lack of culture is what drove us out of Groton/New London CT back in 1974, back to the Boston area). We know casually and have heard one of the musicians play before and he and his partner announced that they would be at Chilihead BBQ on St. Patrick's Day evening. We had talked about good BBQ before (I think C-pher talks about BBQ incessantly [wink] ) and so I jumped at the opportunity to "do something about it".

So, some of us would love the opportunity to meet Jon/Barb (again in my case) plus some others in the general area of Brockton to Plymouth (maybe Pilgrim?). I don't expect Derek, Sue, Lynne, etc. to travel multiple hours on a Friday night to get to a dinner . . . but we do have a number of folks in this Southeastern corner that can pull this one off.

Someone else will plan something in another location, which will be convenient to another "corner" of our NES community and some will be able to make it and others won't. That is what "real life" is all about. [grin]

Sue,

Why not plan something around a Big E gun show (the seafood buffet we discussed last year)?

That might motivate me to attend the May/June show out there. I have no intentions of heading West anytime before then.

Can't do the one this weekend,but I will see on the others. What little bit I do right now around the house has me tired out real quick. This one is really kicking my butt.[wink] Besides I had to harass you.

Sue,

Hope you're feeling better real soon!

I didn't feel harassed. I just felt that all of us need an occasional "reality check" that we are a scattered group and nothing we plan will please everyone for location or date/time.

MrsWildweasel said:
This one is really kicking my butt.[wink]

Auntie....you need to BEHAVE and do nothing but veg. Eventually health will return and everything you're trying to do now will still be there waiting for you to do it. So be a good girl and become a couch potato. [smile]

Mother

Back
Top Bottom