• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pigs for dinner

SS1

Fill up the freezer

The Duluth News Tribune noted that in Missouri, hunters once were able to go hog wild, shooting as many feral pigs as they could. Now the practice is prohibited.

Well, that seems counterproductive.

I seem to recall reading about a tax in colonial times. You could pay the tax with a certain type of dead bird. Kind of an enforced bounty program.

Do they have waste and wanton laws like Ma though.
Yes, they do indeed have that law in writing. I’m told they don’t kinda care about it much on “pests” or critters with no closed season. First time I heard about chasing coyotes on the lake with a snowmobile many years back. I wasn’t taking the chance of perforating one with my picked track.
Do that to anything else and god help ya.

The Duluth News Tribune noted that in Missouri, hunters once were able to go hog wild, shooting as many feral pigs as they could. Now the practice is prohibited.

Well, that seems counterproductive.

I seem to recall reading about a tax in colonial times. You could pay the tax with a certain type of dead bird. Kind of an enforced bounty program.
The MO law is true…to a point. If you see feral pigs on your property, you are allowed to shoot them. If they are on public land they are ”protected”.

such a stupid sensationalism, a 'super pig' my ass. it is just a crossbreed of a smaller local ones with european.

Back
Top Bottom