• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Social Dinner?

Manchester is fine for me. I agree that MFL would probably be pretty
fun... I've never been there before, but one of the guys I work with goes
there once or twice a year with his son to rent MGs and the like.

Hell, anyplace is fine as long as its inside of like 2 hours or so and has parking.
Ribs sound good, too, as long as there are plenty of napkins and wetnaps. [laugh]

-Mike

Dave's has a place in Braintree too! Some of the guys at BR&P were telling me about the place.

Manchester is a very long haul for me, especially since the "Big Pig" is out of the question . . . I don't carry enough life insurance to drive thru any part of it. Hmm, interesting but we no longer hear ANYTHING about that mess, do we!

This should also be done in the NES Members Only forum, not here in GD!

I don't know of any places down your way D.[wink] Just that this one is a 2 1/2 hour drive for us. Been awhile since we were in the Devens area.[laugh]

I forgot about the one in Braintree! Is that a better location for everyone? Besides Len, which I know it' alright. [wink]
It's not my favorite drive, but I can deal with it. Kind of leaves Frosty & the WildWeasels out in the cold, though. How about something more in Metrowest or the Worcester area for those guys? Or the Cracker Barrel in Sturbridge?

OHHHH....I just found this..

http://www.texsbbqexpress.com/all_you_can_eat.htm

It's 18 bucks a person, they cook on site for you...and you need a min of 30 people. Doesn't include 5% tax and 15% tip... but still not a bad deal for all you can eat.

They come out, cook onsite...and have all you would need except something to drink.

If there's someone that could handle this...I'd be willing to put up 20-22 dollars a person ahead of time....

Just a thought.

Worcester has the Woodfire BBQ (takeout only) and Armadillo Depot (very good but it's pretty small). Derek likes the Texas BBQ in Northboro but I wasn't that impressed.

And WHEN did Firefly's open a Westboro location?? Where is it? It's not listed on their website...

How about Danvers, Peabody or Newburyport.....It's in Mass and really close to NH and Southern Maine.

Since I live in Haverhill, I wouldn't mind that in the least, however, that would definately be a LONG haul for Sue (Mrs WW) and others who're a bit of a drive.

Somewhere at least in the middle for their sakes would be better. We can plan a shoot another time (and maybe have it at Bob's - aka Bay State Arms [smile] )

Excellent point, Lynne! No one is forcing us to have ONE dinner - we just need to rotate them around. NES-North shore, NES-West, etc.

Excellent point, Lynne! No one is forcing us to have ONE dinner - we just need to rotate them around. NES-North shore, NES-West, etc.

I think that makes the most sense... If it's just one place, no matter what, someone(s) will have a haul.

Back
Top Bottom