Nerves. LTC interview at Somerville PD today.

I'm 1.5 hours away. I really hope the interviewing officer had as good a night last night as I did.

Let's see, dressed nicely - check
Fly up - check
Paperwork together and ready for Germany - check
Money order - need to get it

... I hate this feeling, it's worse than a job interview.

The few I've talked to on my street seem to be pretty squared away guys. Guys I could drink with. Hopefully, I have a good experience in 50 minutes.

Good luck! If its any consolation, a friend of mine got his ALP from Somerville not too long ago. It was his first time out of the gate, *and* he had a CWOF from 'back in the day'. Needless to say, I told him to buy a lotto ticket :)

Well, that was easy.
Went in, went over my information, filled out my money order.
Took my fingerprints, had me sign a deadly force form and sent me on my way.
"If we need anything the Captain will call. Otherwise you'll have it in 4-6 weeks, it's been going quickly lately though, so should be soon."

I'm as clean as clean can get, having just recently passed a pretty intrusive background check for work. No interview, nothing. So this might be as green an experience as you can have this close to Bos. eh?

I'm actually happily surprised by the experience.

If it wasn't construable as bribery, I'm in a good enough mood to offer the Captain a beer. haha.

Now in 4-6 weeks, we'll find out what license I receive. :)

If I may offer a suggestion - After you get your LTC, take the time to thank the issuing officer for a pleasant (or non-sucking) experience. I did when I got mine, and the expression of surprise on the Lt.'s face was funny to see. They get more sh!t than thanks....It cant' hurt.

What's a deadly force form?

It's a form that the AG's office came up with and some PDs make the LTC holders sign it. The problem is it is not terribly informative and would likely NOT be of any use to the prosecution in a case. It basically just regurgitate's common law SD principles. If it was more informative it could be a good training aid, but the AGs office could care less about being a positive influence.

It's a form that the AG's office came up with and some PDs make the LTC holders sign it. The problem is it is not terribly informative and would likely NOT be of any use to the prosecution in a case. It basically just regurgitate's common law SD principles. If it was more informative it could be a good training aid, but the AGs office could care less about being a positive influence.

Thanks! I wasn't sure because Seekonk, never made me sign anything like that.

Awesome, how long ago was "not too long"?

The rumor is that Somerville doesn't want to be sued so they have basically gone shall issue so ask for ALP. The worst they will do is give you T&H. Update us on what you get here in this thread.

I have copies of everything. All filed as soon as they gave them to me. I'll update as well.

I did notice in the office that one the wall there was a memo documenting the different types of "Common Restrictions" on the wall, with a description of each. I didn't look at them, but it looks like Sporting was there, while T&H was not, which would have me assuming the mean the exact same thing.

The rumor is that Somerville doesn't want to be sued so they have basically gone shall issue so ask for ALP.

and I just remember this statement... where does said rumor originate? I asked for LTC A - ALP and was prepped to explain why and take questioning, so if it's shall issue, that's interesting.

Um, what?

Guidelines for the use of deadly force in affecting an arrest for people with that right. Back home, there were such things as "citizen's arrest" which would hold water in court for felonies, including what were dubbed mayhem crimes. However out here, I'm sure there is nothing of the sort. May have been a hold over from wilder times, when I was growing up they called two posses, and the posse members may need to affect an arrest so that might be why it stayed on the books there.

I got my unrestricted LTC in Somerville the same way about 6 months ago. It originally came in 2 weeks with an employment restriction. I called and left a message saying that as a realtor I am working all the time wherever I go and was unsure of the restriction. A week later I got a new unrestricted LTC with a letter telling me to cut up the other one. I was very nervous too but the whole process in Somerville was very good.

Back
Top Bottom