• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Need a gunsmith

I have a over/under 12 gauge that will not fire the top barrel (sometimes ) and when I closed the gun after it did not fired it went off. Are there gunsmiths that specialize in shot guns? I live just south of Boston. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Check out 1776 gunsmithing in Walpole. Not sure if they specialize in shotguns but it's worth a call. The were friendly and helpful when I was in there.

You want to call Sergey Lyalko at Rustblue Gunsmithing in Natick. A few years back I asked around a lot for work I needed done on my heirloom shotguns and he came highly recommended. Since then, he has worked on my shotguns, as well as my antique rifles and pistols, and his work has been superb. Can't say enough good things!

9 1/2 Franconia Ave. Natick, MA. 01760
(508) 545-2450

http://rustbluing.com/

You want to call Sergey Lyalko at Rustblue Gunsmithing in Natick. A few years back I asked around a lot for work I needed done on my heirloom shotguns and he came highly recommended. Since then, he has worked on my shotguns, as well as my antique rifles and pistols, and his work has been superb. Can't say enough good things!

9 1/2 Franconia Ave. Natick, MA. 01760
(508) 545-2450

http://rustbluing.com/

What he said………….

Thanks for the info I will call today. Smokey - Seven it is a charles daly made by miroku in japan.

Thanks for the info I will call today. Smokey - Seven it is a charles daly made by miroku in japan.

Pull the butt stock off and give it a brake cleaner treatment. Hit both pin holes from the breach then air blow it dry and lube lightly. Browning patents will hang up on the selector switch due to fouling and the pins can hang due to crud in the receiver hole. Always give any malfunctioning weapon with a super cleaning and treat them like they could go off at any time when loaded for the following test. The thing is, that a pin can be broken in two pieces and the leading edge bind in the receiver. After opening the hammer should have recocked so the weapon SHOULD not fire but if the leading edge of the broken pin slipped forward and hung there, the shell will go off on closing. The pins need inspection as well as the receiver.

The the upper or lower that is going off?

Back
Top Bottom