• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Natick man charged with possessing "illegal gun"

And who loads a gun with 26 rounds? Unless maybe it was a 25 round mag with one in the pipe?
Sometimes certain AR/mag combos will jam up with a full 30 round load due to excess pressure on the bolt from the top round. It is not uncommon to download 30s to 28 to avoid this issue, though I have never heard of going to 28.

goodness, gracious. Some folks see conspiracies everywhere.

This is a pretty simple story. A guy without an LTC left a loaded gun visible in his car. Someone saw the gun and called the police. Now he is in legal trouble as a result.

It is nothing more complicated than that.

If I live in NH and keep my hunting rifle on the mantle over the fireplace, perhaps a shotgun in the closet next to the front door and I walk down to the street to get my mail or even go for a jog, leaving the door unlocked, have I committed a crime? (hint: No)

It should be no more complicated than that.

goodness, gracious. Some folks see conspiracies everywhere.

This is a pretty simple story. A guy without an LTC left a loaded gun visible in his car. Someone saw the gun and called the police. Now he is in legal trouble as a result.

It is nothing more complicated than that.

You might be right--time will tell.

Keep your eye peeled for the phrase "a weapon banned in Massachusetts" every time an AR is mentioned in a "simple" story, mmmkay?

If you think that the timing of the Boston Globe's ENTIRE FRONT PAGE anti-gun propaganda, and Healey's "legislation by press conference" had nothing to do with the (then upcoming) DNC convention, and the seemingly-assured victory of Hillary Clinton, and Healey's own political ambitions--you're smoking pot.

If you think that MA Anti-2A Dem''s couldn't possibly be planning Anti-2A counterpunches ahead of a Kavnaugh confirmation to the Supreme Court, I guess I don't know what to tell you.

If I live in NH and keep my hunting rifle on the mantle over the fireplace, perhaps a shotgun in the closet next to the front door and I walk down to the street to get my mail or even go for a jog, leaving the door unlocked, have I committed a crime? (hint: No)

You are preaching to the choir.

You might be right--time will tell.

Keep your eye peeled for the phrase "a weapon banned in Massachusetts" every time an AR is mentioned in a "simple" story, mmmkay?

If you think that the timing of the Boston Globe's full front page anti-gun propaganda and Healey's "legislation by press conference" had nothing to do with the (then upcoming) DNC convention, and the seemingly-assured victory of Hillary Clinton, and Healey's own political ambitions--you're smoking pot.

If you think that the Dem''s couldn't possibly be planning Anti-2A counterpunches ahead of a Kavnaugh confirmation to the Supreme Court, I guess I don't know what to tell you.

Oh FFS.

IF you lived in NH.
And if this took place in NH they wouldn't even have cause to search the car. For that matter the kid wouldn't have said anything and if he did the cops would have just told him to MYOFB. Funny how important that imaginary line is.

Perhaps it's a post-ban (post 1994) M4 in pre-ban configuration? Impossible to tell without more info.
I thought Queen Mora put an end to that whole configuration thang when she declared on 7/20 that all post-ban AR & AK "copycats" are illegal (but owners not yet to be prosecuted) regardless of cosmetics. [thinking]

And who loads a gun with 26 rounds? Unless maybe it was a 25 round mag with one in the pipe?
Sometimes certain AR/mag combos will jam up with a full 30 round load due to excess pressure on the bolt from the top round. It is not uncommon to download 30s to 28 to avoid this issue, though I have never heard of going to 26.

Legally it doesn’t matter. If you left a gun on your kitchen table, visible from your back window and a cop looking for a lost kid walks through your backyard, looks in the window and sees it, you are busted.
No. Bad example.

I thought Queen Mora put an end to that whole configuration thang when she declared on 7/20 that all post-ban AR & AK "copycats" are illegal (but owners not yet to be prosecuted) regardless of cosmetics. [thinking]

True, but that is merely her "reinterpretation" and not actual law. Taken directly from her infamous announcement:

"The notice makes clear that the guidance will not be enforced against gun owners who bought or sold these weapons prior to July 20, 2016."

I would bet this guy made some statement that can be used to prove he knew the gun was in his unlocked car.

The kid is a Rat and a Moonbat. Anywhere else that van would be ransacked and a free weapon retrieved. The van owner is a dumbass, so more than likely his prints are all over it. The "somebody must have put it there" line isn't going to work. Definitely doesn't help our cause at all...

Perhaps he is a graduate of Eddie Eagle...

"In spring 2015, the NRA introduced a brand new Eddie Eagle video. Started in 1988, the Eddie Eagle GunSafe program has reached more than 28 million children with an important safety message. Eddie has a modernized look and some new friends—the Wing Team. Together, they learn what to do if they ever find a gun: STOP! Don’t touch. Run away. Tell a grown-up."

tl;dr.

The article reminds me of this:

0.gif

Back
Top Bottom