Name that line...

If the voice sounded naggingly familiar, it was Paul Frees, who used to do the voices of damn near everybody, from the Pillsbury Doughboy, Boris Badenov and Inspector Fenwick to the host in Disney's Haunted Mansion.

Ken,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! That voice bugs me every time I watch that movie, and I could never place it. I still can't place the specific character I associate with that voice, but it's a start.

Of course, now I'm going to have a very disturbing image of the Pillsbury Doughboy commanding the Japanese fleet, but I can deal with that. I think.

I guess 3 hours was more than long enough. Remember "Ernest goes to Camp"? Ernest (P. Whorl) was in the camps kitchen and one of the cooks has him try some really nasty food. Ernest says "Is that a rabbit over there?", then spits out the food.

Here's a line from a favorite movie:

"It's like disarming Germany!"

I have to admit, it's one of my favorite movies, and SWMBO wants me to mention that she thought of using this line.

Ross

I loved that scene when I first saw it. It reminded me of an AWARE demo that Lyn Bates did on concealed carry options for women. I think that she had more stuff hidden on her than Stallone's bodyguard did in Oscar.

Ken

Well done, Ken!

I love the movie Oscar - I never knew that Sylvester Stallone could do comedy until I saw that. My other favorite line from that movie was "Oh, we make-a you look like a banker. Take off-a you pants."

OK, next line:

"There are two things which clearly differentiate the human species from animals; one, we use cutlery."

Hint: It's a VERY silly movie remake of a TV series.

Ross

And the Siamese Rat wins the prize of a week's vacation in Philadelphia for correctly guessing Dragnet. C-pher, you win the second prize - TWO weeks in Philly! :) (you at least guessed the right actor - the great Dan Akroyd)

Ross

Didn't Google, I could have sworn it was a line from a blues brother song...I did know that it was a Dan line, just couldn't place it.

But then, I haven't listened to any Blues Brothers in a long time.

But you guys can have your pretzel while you're in Philly. If I'm there for two weeks, you can find me at Yuengling Brewery...at least I think that that's in Philly.

I dunno, I never liked mustard on pretzels but I thought that's what you're supposed to do there. Cheese steaks, mustard pretzels and beer.

Mmmm beer...

SiameseRat said:
I dunno, I never liked mustard on pretzels but I thought that's what you're supposed to do there. Cheese steaks, mustard pretzels and beer..

Um, well... Growing up Jewish, the thought of cheese on a burger or a cheese steak turns my stomach (not kosher, y'know). So I'll just have mine with mushrooms and chopped steak, no cheese.

And as for beer... Well... far as I'm concerned, beer can be put back in the horse.

Putting on Nomex underwear and waiting for the flames,

Ross

dwarven1 said:
[ And as for beer... Well... far as I'm concerned, beer can be put back in the horse.

Putting on Nomex underwear and waiting for the flames,

Ross

Oh Ross... I'm so sorry for you. Beer is good food. Maybe you've just never had a good beer <slugging back the rest of my Guinness> but that's just me.
As far as the meat goes, I'm with you. I'll just take the cheese, thanks...

SiameseRat said:
dwarven1 said:
[ And as for beer... Well... far as I'm concerned, beer can be put back in the horse.

Oh Ross... I'm so sorry for you. Beer is good food. Maybe you've just never had a good beer <slugging back the rest of my Guinness> but that's just me.
As far as the meat goes, I'm with you. I'll just take the cheese, thanks...

Nope, sorry... if it's got alchohol in it, I can't touch it - can't stand the taste. Even wine tastes like spoiled grapes to me - I can't understand how anyone can sip wine and go "Oooh, wonderful!". Yech.

Hey, at least the good part of this is that my friends have an automatic designated driver... and I'll NEVER be convicted of DUI.

Ross

Have to agree with the wine thing. Each to their own, but hell, you can come out with me out any Saturday night if you want to drive my drunk ass around [wink]

Getting back to the original topic... What movie does this come from?

"What kind of idiot would put military technology into toys?"
"That would be 'Gizmo' over here."

Ross

I was going to guess it was from that movie that I can't remember the name of where "Number 5 is Alive!" comes from. But it would be the sequel, where they're making toys of #5.

What in the heck was the name of those terrible movies? And has Ally Sheedy worked since then?

dwarven1 said:
Getting back to the original topic... What movie does this come from?

Ross

That wouldn't be "Small Soldiers" by any chance?

zombie said:
dwarven1 said:

That wouldn't be "Small Soldiers" by any chance?

Not by chance, by design. :D

Nice going, Zombie. And may I say that the avatar fits your screen name perfectly?

Ross

Back
Top Bottom