Name that line...

We've got songs covered, so how about movies?

I'll start with an easy one.

"Wot's the little bounder goin to do, nibble me bum?"

Sounds a bit like the scene with the killer rabbit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Can't be sure that it's the exact quote without looking or listening (either of which would be cheating).

Ken

Chevy Chase in "Deal of the Century"?

He may well have, but that's not the reference I was thinking of.

Hint: Think of a suave fraternity brother in the produce section.

KMaurer said:
Sounds a bit like the scene with the killer rabbit in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Can't be sure that it's the exact quote without looking or listening (either of which would be cheating).

Ken

Correct Ken.

Argh... it was the president of the Deltas in Animal House when he was trying to pick up the Dean's wife. Um... Otter? Boone? can't remember the name.

Ross

Tom Berenger in that movie about Snipers that I can't remember the name of and am too lazy to look up.

Here's one back at you.

"I just threw your stinking palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crud about no movie tonight!"

Sounds a lot like Tom Beringer to me. (You had to know that I've watched that movie more than once, usually screaming about the countless stupidities.)

Ken

Martlet said:
Tom Berenger in that movie about Snipers that I can't remember the name of and am too lazy to look up.

Here's one back at you.

"I just threw your stinking palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crud about no movie tonight!"

Damn, that was quick, Sniper, BTW. I thought that would take awhile.

And yours is from that Navy movie that I can't remember the name. Not sure if that had Tony Curtis in it, or not.

Martlet said:

Here's one back at you.

It was the Ensign (oh God...I forget his name) - Navy movie...Henry Fonda was the Supply officer....James Cagney was the Captain....damn... I hate it when CRS strikes!

KMaurer said:
Sounds a lot like Tom Beringer to me. (You had to know that I've watched that movie more than once, usually screaming about the countless stupidities.)

Ken

Yes, in all three. However, as a Marine, I just feel compelled to watch it.

Lynne, you're not alone, I have both CRS and CRAFT.

I know the movie, just can't remember the name.

I had to google ensign pulver and tony curtis.

The movie was Mr Roberts.

Nickle said:
Lynne, you're not alone, I have both CRS and CRAFT.

I know the movie, just can't remember the name.

I had to google ensign pulver and tony curtis.

The movie was Mr Roberts.

I get CRAFT too on occaision - I love that movie. I cry at the end. I *always* cry at the end until Pulver grows a pair. [lol]

Okay - I can't remember the whole thing (and I might be paraphrasing a tiny bit, but...)

"...it's like calling an Ox a Bull. He's honored, but he'd much rather have restored what was rightfully his."

Easy, Lynne!

That was Tony'd GGGGrandfather, Ben Franklin in 1776, referrering to being called an Englisman when he doesn't have the full rights of an Englishman.

My favorite line from that movie is the opening line - "I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, two are a law firm, and three or more are a CONGRESS!"

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Easy, Lynne!

That was Tony'd GGGGrandfather, Ben Franklin in 1776, referrering to being called an Englisman when he doesn't have the full rights of an Englishman.

My favorite line from that movie is the opening line - "I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is a disgrace, two are a law firm, and three or more are a CONGRESS!"

Ross

It was between Ben's line and that one. I knew you'd get it. [lol] Tony - buy it - it's great....a bit corny at times, but a great movie.

Back
Top Bottom