N.Y. Man Arrested for Having Two Extra Bullets, Violating State’s 7-Bullet Cap

That is from March.

From what I am able to gather from the nyfirearms forum, the injunction is still potentially on the table. Evidently the hearing for it has been pushed back several times.
So with the 13th fast approaching...

I don't know what level court is involved now, but apparently some court denied the injunction in March, but it is now supposed to be heard by a court at some point in the near future, possibly June. I'm having difficulty finding solid info because the only media coverage that seems to exist is about how it was denied an injunction at some point (funny how they are only eager to let everyone know when it is denied).

While the NWSA has been challenged in court, the state has asked for an "extension" meaning the case will not be heard until august 8.
THey stated they need more time unlike the lack of time needed to pass the bill in the first place. The judge did agree to hear the case.
Standard tactic to a plantiff., stall them and hope it goes away.
Wish I had better news. GGBOY

The cop who arrested him should be ashamed of himself. I could never do it.

Want to know why folks don't trust cops? Because none of you call a**h***s like this out, in public. None of you get dicks like that fired. By not doing anything, you continue the Thin Blue Line bullshit....and perpetuate distrust.

So, how do we know you're not a dick like him? We don't....

If this has been asked already my apologies. Is that 7 in the mag or 7 total in the gun? Would 7 + 1 get your pee pee slapped? And not in the good way.

I don't know if this counts for anything, but some people in NY appear to be optimistic.

This is from the nyfirearms thread I linked earlier.
Nyshooter1 said:
Your welcome, and I am serious, things are going on behind the scenes you guys would be excited to know about, but I just cannot tell you yet. If I were to tell you, you would instantly realize it wasn't something I should say publicly. I give you all my word that we are doing very well. What I know about the cases gives me strength and lets me sleep peacefully at night knowing it is only a matter of time before our gun rights are restored to what they were even before the original NY AW ban was passed.

When this is over, it should be the case that not only is the Safe Act struck, but that the 2000 AW and magazine ban should be struck as well. That law also cannot sustain a Heller/McDonald analysis. FYI by the nature of how litigation works, the 2000 AW ban is not being challenged in the present Tresmond lawsuits. However, if they end up in the SCOTUS, it is likely that a victory on the Safe Act would also invalidate the 2000 AW ban for they ban the same things, the Safe Act just allows nothing to still be sold that even resembles a rifle.
Of course, this is just more talk from another internet forum containing even more idiots that you don't know, so take it for what its worth. Best I can gather from reading that one thread is this guy may be a lawyer representing NYSPRA.

I'll just leave this here....
images

Why feel sorry for him? Everyone here knows the law is 7 rounds, my guess is he did also. Until the law is changed he is just giving law abiding guns owners a more hassles by doing something stupid like this. I can't see how you can feel sorry for him when he broke more than one law, no matter how bad one of them is!

Why feel sorry for Rosa Parks? Everyone here knows that the law says that all blacks need to get to the back of the bus, and my guess is that she did too. Until the law is changed she is just giving law abiding citizens hassles by doing something stupid like this. I can't see how you can feel sorry for her when she broke more than one law, no matter how bad one of them is!

Steve, I won't go back to lurking. That is how I feel about it. If you want the law to change then get out and work for change just posting here and feeling sorry for some dummy that did not know the new will not change it. As for the person who brought up Rosa Parks she did it intentionally to make a statement and take a stand. This guy did not, he just was to dumb to know or follow the law. I see a lot of brave talk here but not many people take the time to work within the system to change the law. Maybe you there should be a mass civil disobedience of the law and see what they do to 1,000 people at the same time breaking the law. So one in here posted that some law makes should die in a fire, that sure makes us look good. Of course all of this is my opinion.

My guess is something else was at play, like he called the cop "a flaming ****tard" or something.

Doesn't make it right, but it would explain the lack of leniency.

Steve, I won't go back to lurking. That is how I feel about it. If you want the law to change then get out and work for change just posting here and feeling sorry for some dummy that did not know the new will not change it. As for the person who brought up Rosa Parks she did it intentionally to make a statement and take a stand. This guy did not, he just was to dumb to know or follow the law. I see a lot of brave talk here but not many people take the time to work within the system to change the law. Maybe you there should be a mass civil disobedience of the law and see what they do to 1,000 people at the same time breaking the law. So one in here posted that some law makes should die in a fire, that sure makes us look good. Of course all of this is my opinion.

sigh [thinking]

So you have never, ever gone 1 MPH over the speed limit? You have never ever brought home a pen/pencil from work or school?

You are 100% certain you complied with all 200,000 pages of federal law today? Did you also comply with the 50,000+ pages of federal regulations? Or the 75,000 pages of IRS code? Did you comply with all the Mass laws that are on top of the federal ones? Do you report ALL your online and out of state purchases to Mass DOR?

You are just as guilty of breaking laws as he is. Only you didn't get caught so it is OK to bash him for "being too stupid not to know the law or follow it."

A little history lesson:

When DC vs. Heller first went to the appeals court, there were seven plaintiffs and the case was actually "Parker vs. DC". It was ruled that six of the plaintiffs did not have standing to sue since they had not suffered injury in fact, and only Dick Heller had suffered injury due to the DC laws. You can't score if you're not holding the ball, and thanks to Heller's standing, we now have incorporation of 2A.

Look at it this way: We're a thousand times better off getting legislation ruled unconstitutional than leaving it on the books under some feeble hope of nonenforcement. We now have a person who has unquestionable standing against the radical NY legislation and can now start the process to get his case to the USSC. NYSP just gave us the ball. Time to push towards the end zone.

Last edited:
My guess is something else was at play, like he called the cop "a flaming ****tard" or something.

Doesn't make it right, but it would explain the lack of leniency.

My guess is that NY has ****tarded laws that allowed for such a possibility.

Oh sweet lord. Yes, let's all be good little Jews and just keep trying to fix the system! I mean what could possibly go wrong?

[hmmm]

So you have never, ever gone 1 MPH over the speed limit? You have never ever brought home a pen/pencil from work or school?

You are 100% certain you complied with all 200,000 pages of federal law today? Did you also comply with the 50,000+ pages of federal regulations? Or the 75,000 pages of IRS code? Did you comply with all the Mass laws that are on top of the federal ones? Do you report ALL your online and out of state purchases to Mass DOR?

You are just as guilty of breaking laws as he is. Only you didn't get caught so it is OK to bash him for "being too stupid not to know the law or follow it."

well said...reps inbound

so that makes it ok? Who was the victim in this crime? How can you say we dont take the time to work in the system to change the law? We all write our representatives, alot of us attend rallies, open gun forums, etc. I cant stand when people say this makes us gun owners look bad.......... WE ARE GUN OWNERS, WE LOOK BAD FOR THAT SIMPLE FACT!!!!!!!

I like the seven round requirement. It means Coumo will never be elected president. Good luck trying to win with your buddy the soda king Bloomberg backing you. What worse in New York 8 rounds or a 20 oz soda?

I like the seven round requirement. It means Coumo will never be elected president. Good luck trying to win with your buddy the soda king Bloomberg backing you. What worse in New York 8 rounds or a 20 oz soda?

I learned something in 1976. Americans can be sold anyone for president. Saturday Night Live hammered Gerald Ford for months. A peanut farmer from Georgia became president.

Ever since then nothing surprises me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

First he was stopped for his light then NO LIC
So after that the police will add on anything and everything to make there case So yes it suck because of the two rounds however he was F#$$ed the sec he started the car and left the driveway (in NY he would have his LTC pulled anyways becuase he was arrested )

THE TWO ROUNDS IS JUST FOR SHOW AND TO MAKE A POINT just my 2cents

Common sense also says not to drive with a suspended license.

Are you familiar with the history of licensing? look it up sometime because there was a point in time they were not required somewhere along the way driving went from being a right to being a privilege. That is pretty much where we are headed with gun control

The media isn't not informing, mis-informing, and outright lying to the public for no reason you know. It's alot easier to convince a fool than a wise man.

It may be more policy than the trooper. Certain offenses a treated, by policy, as "mandatory arrest" and the officer prohibited by policy from exercising discretion. If such is the case here, it would take a willingness to put one's pension at risk to look the other way on an 8 round offense//

Back
Top Bottom