N.Y. Man Arrested for Having Two Extra Bullets, Violating State’s 7-Bullet Cap

BS the NRA needs to fund his defense. Wheres the resources NRA? Some could be used right here defending this BS!

Having dealt with the legal team at the NRA before, they will most likely get involved but it will not be publicized. Sometimes having the NRA on your team in the public eye doesn't bring the desired attention it could get. That being said I've seen them work closely with other first rate lawyers on cases to defend similar attacks on gun owners rights.

I hope they bring this to a higher court and bring down that damn SAFE act even the name is bullsh*t.

cannot believe the cops didnt cut this guy a break over a dumb BS law that shouldnt be a law.....that pisses me off

This is unbelievable, actually confronting the reality that the government is now dictating how many bullets you can have in a pistol. Not only that, but the fact that it's all based on some insane liberal moonbat logic in the first place. I know this will add additional charges for people who are criminals, but it also makes criminals out of a lot of regular law abiding citizens. If i was a criminal committing a felony the last thing I'd care about is a silly little gun law.

This is insanity, this is like The Fourth Reich, and it's being perpetrated mostly by Jewish politicians who should be in support of less gun control, not more.

Um, where have you been for the last 19 years? Mass has been "dictating how many bullets you can have in a pistol" for the last 19 years (ok, technically 10 years of that were the Feds...).

If you weren't of legal age until 2004, you get a slight pass and get more of a pass the closer you are to age 18.

cannot believe the cops didnt cut this guy a break over a dumb BS law that shouldnt be a law.....that pisses me off

Are the cops required to arrest him on the suspended license charge? If so, I don't really see how they could cut him a break. The firearm is going to be coming in to the station and inventoried. Doesn't make the law right, but not knowing the circumstances it's hard to say what they could have done to keep this a common sense "look the other way" scenario.

Poor guy is going to lose. He did do it and will admit to it, and the jury will be too stupid to know about nullification.

Why feel sorry for him? Everyone here knows the law is 7 rounds, my guess is he did also. Until the law is changed he is just giving law abiding guns owners a more hassles by doing something stupid like this. I can't see how you can feel sorry for him when he broke more than one law, no matter how bad one of them is!

Guess that's what you get for carrying a fotay. How do they know if those rounds were functional, did they fire them? If so, did they destroy evidence? I'm in for the defense fund.

Becuase he's getting ****ed for complying with the constitution of the united states, that's why I feel sorry for him. **** your states stupid laws, and I feel SORRY for those who are so frightened they feel a need to comply with something so blatantly unconstitutional.

Mike

Why feel sorry for him? Everyone here knows the law is 7 rounds, my guess is he did also. Until the law is changed he is just giving law abiding guns owners a more hassles by doing something stupid like this. I can't see how you can feel sorry for him when he broke more than one law, no matter how bad one of them is!

Are you sure? I still meet people who are many years my senior who have no idea that you can't transfer a gun across state lines in a private party transaction. That has been law for like 55 years. Whenever I meet someone who knows nothing about guns, they also don't know anything about the laws that were written 50+ years ago. Hell most people don't know about the laws written in 1986.

There are 200,000 pages of federal law. 50,000+ pages of federal regulations. Are you telling me you know every single federal law and are 100% certain you are 100% compliant with ALL of them?

ETA: As an aside because this post conflicts with an earlier post of mine in this thread: I hold those on this forum, especially green members to a higher standard of knowledge of the law, because as I have seen, those who are members here make it a point to know the law as best they can. Hence why we have a law section with many questions and answers in it.

Last edited:
From what I am able to gather from the nyfirearms forum, the injunction is still potentially on the table. Evidently the hearing for it has been pushed back several times.
So with the 13th fast approaching...

I don't know what level court is involved now, but apparently some court denied the injunction in March, but it is now supposed to be heard by a court at some point in the near future, possibly June. I'm having difficulty finding solid info because the only media coverage that seems to exist is about how it was denied an injunction at some point (funny how they are only eager to let everyone know when it is denied).

new slogan for New York: "Blatant faggotry, unconstitutional laws, passing laws without letting the people vote for them, and force feeding a fat plate of smegma every day to our citizens"

I also want to change "The Empire state" to "The Emperor state"

should he have driven with a suspended license, no. Does it warrant searching the mans gun, not really...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JohnMarston again.

You, sir, are on a roll. We share a similar vocabulary it seems.

wow just wow

please go back to lurking

Yes and no. no law against 50 rounds in my gun. Its about magazines and prebans i can pack full. NY has a new level of retard. Both bullshit, but it really IS different

Um, where have you been for the last 19 years? Mass has been "dictating how many bullets you can have in a pistol" for the last 19 years (ok, technically 10 years of that were the Feds...).

If you weren't of legal age until 2004, you get a slight pass and get more of a pass the closer you are to age 18.

Unbefrigginlievable. I'm willing to bet the arresting officer is a f*cking a$$hole. If the guy is legally carrying and breaking no other law, you're going to jam him up over two goddamn rounds in his handgun?

memeguy.jpg

This.

This is really what it all comes down to in the end. WTF? We keep skidding further in further down that hill.

Son, does it hurt to be so stupid or does it just feel natural after a while?

The New York State Police ought to be disgusted to call themselves American. There is no excuse to arrest a man for what he has the right to do. No excuse to lock a man in jail while you are doing the same thing that you are arresting him for. The fact that you are getting paid doesn't make a difference, pigs. Bunch of scumbags.

The New York State Police ought to be disgusted to call themselves American. There is no excuse to arrest a man for what he has the right to do. No excuse to lock a man in jail while you are doing the same thing that you are arresting him for. The fact that you are getting paid doesn't make a difference, pigs. Bunch of scumbags.

Any disgust is long gone amongst the jackboots in the NYSP, as they have all cashed countless paychecks amounting, with the various overtime and miscellaneous extras, to over $100K a year. To keep this, their flashy rigs, cushy traffic duty, and the POWER, they would bust their grandmother for having an extra pain pill. Their souls are sold as most of them couldn't pull half of that in a straight job.

Plus, they authored this bullshit in the first place at the behest of Cuomo II. They are proud to enforce it. Guaranteed there were high fives in the locker room that night.

Hmmm... Wonder why that bastion of "protecting and serving" the shit out of this heinous criminal name wasn't posted? Officer Friendly should be über proud of himself...

Remember as long as officer friendly gets home safely...it's worth it, right?

There are a lot of good cops out there.. What are they doing about
this?

If that were me I would have popped two rounds out of his mag to make it law "friendly", placed them in his pocket and been done with it. 7 in the mag and 2 in the pocket. Good to go. Suspended license? WHOOP-DE-DOO! It just goes to show that some have forgotten important words like "discretion" and "integrity". That (mostly) law abiding guy will now forever view the police as his enemy over....a suspended license....nice job NYSP. It is a sad day indeed.

Back
Top Bottom