My first shotgun!!!!

Picked this bad boy up today. This thing is sweet! I have been wanting one for a while and finally found one I like. [smile]
The guys over at North Shore firearms were great again, they went over everything from breaking the gun down, to cleaning, to which shells to use, and they answered any questions I had.

DSC_0408.jpg

DSC_0409.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0411.jpg

It's a Mossberg 500 12 ga 18" barrel TALO style with collapsible stock and breacher front.
I use it for home defense, I guess it can be used for whatever.

What could I add on to it, any idea's?

That is the exact one I want to get. As someone allready said, it needs a heat sheild.

Keep us posted as to how it shoots.

Nice shotgun. I've been trying to decide on the Moss 500 or the Rem 870... But then there is the money issue, as in... I don't have the money to buy a new toy at this point...

I love Mossies. Not a big fan of that particular stock; I prefer the standard stock with a side saddle for additional shells. Not basing it on any sound science though - just what I like visually.

Turn the shells around too. EDIT: Already mentioned.

After extensive research: the ability to keep your trigger finger in the indexed position on a Mossy while still being able to have access to your safety (via your thumb) and your mag release (via your middle finger) and the ability to throw a comfortable pistol grip on it makes it ideal for a HD shotty. I like the Rem870 but the controls, safety, and mag release just dont seem as intuitive as the Mossy for a HD gun. Great choice, I am looking into the Moss 500 Persuader/Cruiser (comes with a pistol grip and butt stock)

I like the Rem870 but the controls, safety, and mag release just dont seem as intuitive as the Mossy for a HD gun.
Same here... With a little practice you can make that motion really fast and automatic on the 500 and ensure no fumblage when you need it...

I'd like the 500 to have 2 more shells of capacity (mag tube the length of the barrel), but 6 shots loaded and 4 in the speedfeed should get things rolling of the SHTF [laugh]

Ammo choice - CHEAP - because you will burn through many of them with clays (boy is that fun)...

Back
Top Bottom