MSP Gun Arrest.

Technically, a cop can charge someone with anything they like, not that they are allowed to or supposed to, but they write a report where they cite statutes by name and offer testimony as to the probable cause for the charges. It gets to court and is dismissed if the charge is bogus and doesn't line up with a statute. I see it often enough that I am not surprised by it any longer. Basically cops are not required by the system to use the same precision as one would hope. Individual PDs and their administrative discipline structure may or may not tolerate this from PD to PD.

I believe that you've seen it... I just know that I can't just make shit up when I do my report because of our software.

here we go....
keep 'em F*****s honest...

Massachusetts State Police Hollow point bullets are not of themselves illegal to possess. This suspect does not possess the proper license, or any license for that matter, to possess the ammunition the weapon was loaded with. Thank you all for your comments. We regret the confusion.

Don't bother juxtaposing their contradictory quotes, then asking why they don't fix the incorrect information. They will delete your comment.

Not that they changed or reissued the release itself.... you have to look into the comments to find it.

or I needed to refresh....

Last edited:
I don't even understand why hollow points are controversial. Yes, I know they can be more deadly, but they're safer for everyone else around. They won't penetrate walls or your target keeping everyone else around the target safer. Seems you would want people to use those instead.

I don't even understand why hollow points are controversial. Yes, I know they can be more deadly, but they're safer for everyone else around. They won't penetrate walls or your target keeping everyone else around the target safer. Seems you would want people to use those instead.

But whoever gets shot with it is more likely to die, now of course they won't allow that

and possession of ammunition of an unlawful caliber

images

yeh, that's the best part of the charges..... carrying without an FID... you can't carry a revolver WITH an FID......

That stupidity is related to what I mentioned before. It's a name given to the statute that never applied to the actual statute text. Even judges have picked up on using it. Luckily the SJC references statutes by number now and this is less of a problem, but ADAs make the mistake constantly.

I think I figured out what "possession of ammunition of an unlawful caliber" is, you see, a hollow point creates a very small black hole (where the hollow is) and sucks everything into it. Got it?

Now keep telling that to everyone, especially the media, and it will become true!

Back
Top Bottom