Moving from MA to NH

I wasn't sure which state to put this under, so if it would be better under one of them please move this.

I'll be moving to NH from MA in a matter of a week or two (hopefully), and had a few questions. Exactly what is the condition that invalidates my MA LTC? Is it moving itself, or do I need to officially become a resident of NH?

I'll be moving to NH from MA in a matter of a week or two (hopefully), and had
a few questions. Exactly what is the condition that invalidates my MA LTC? Is
it moving itself, or do I need to officially become a resident of NH?

The line in the sand on that is somewhat gray. I'd qualify it as changing
indicators of residency to a different place. EG, getting an NH DL, etc, etc...
that sort of thing.

-Mike

Been there, done that. (Happily too, I'll add.)

The first is after you obtain your NH drivers license; you have thirty days after declaring residency to file your change of address notification and it must go via certified mail.

Don't forget to apply for the Pistol & Revolver License ASAP, you can do that with the temp. NH DL.

I'm fairly certain it's the first time you drive across the border, look South, and scream, "Take that, you F*&^$@r's!"

I used to give the "welcome to MA" sign the finger when driving down from NH. Now I live in MA so i guess the joke's on me.

Congrats on moving. I look forward to moving up there again one day.

I'll be moving to NH from MA in a matter of a week or two (hopefully), and had a few questions. Exactly what is the condition that invalidates my MA LTC? Is it moving itself, or do I need to officially become a resident of NH?

I treated my MA LTC as invalid the moment I no longer had a MA drivers license. Of course I was so happy to move out of MA that I got my NH drivers license the same day I closed on my house in NH thanks to a little preplanning (getting a bill's address changed and delivered early). When I went to the NH DMV to get my license I had to turn in my MA license as part of the process. When I left the DMV I had a temp NH drivers license.

-Nat

Moving to NH from MA

Congrats on the move! Here's another question for the group: what if the OP already had a NH NON-RESIDENT pistol & revolver license? Would it be as simple as notifying NHSP / Department of Safety of the address change to NH, or would a full reapplication (as a resident) be required?

I ask because I seem to recall that FL's Concealed Weapon or Firearm License doesn't require reapplication in either direction...and because I dream of making the same move myself....

Congrats on the move! Here's another question for the group: what if the OP already had a NH NON-RESIDENT pistol & revolver license? Would it be as simple as notifying NHSP / Department of Safety of the address change to NH, or would a full reapplication (as a resident) be required?

I ask because I seem to recall that FL's Concealed Weapon or Firearm License doesn't require reapplication in either direction...and because I dream of making the same move myself....

I think you have to reapply (at local PD usually. )

It's unclear, to me, however, if your nonresident NH permit is still "valid" during this changeover period. I'm guessing the answer is "no". Good
thing is -most- PDs in NH will get you your tissue paper PR license in under 14 days. Many are less than a week.

-Mike

Congrats Ninsho!

I'll be the first to ask......Do you have any hard to find in MA stuff you'd like to sell to us that are still stuck here? That you could easily replace now in a free state..... :)

Congrats Ninsho!

I'll be the first to ask......Do you have any hard to find in MA stuff you'd like to sell to us that are still stuck here? That you could easily replace now in a free state..... :)

I have some plans to dispose of some preban highcap magazines after I get settled in, just keep an eye out on the classifieds. [smile]

Mags are fine to sell after......

It was only if he had some handguns he wanted to sell us. Those would require selling before his address change.

Mags are fine to sell after......

It was only if he had some handguns he wanted to sell us. Those would require selling before his address change.

My bad. I was trying too hard to look out for the poor folks south of the border. I'll shut up now.[sad2]

Back
Top Bottom