Most powerful handgun?!?

So is that more powerful than the S&W .500, which I previously thought was the most powerful?

Later in the video answered me... claims 3X more powerful.

Regardless, I'm not going to try to fire one!

Well, lets see. It's a 60cal, which means that has to be a black powder, right? Because AFAIK you can't have a 60cal rifle/pistol.

Also, yes the first link is a dupe.

Isn't anything over a .50 caliber a "destructive device" in the US? That would still make the .500 Mag and .50 AE the most powerful "handguns".

Either way that thing needs to be at the next NES shoot!

Here is the thing about the Most powerful handgun.

According to everything I have read it is the 600 nitro Express.

And yes it is a NFA DD.

The question was only what was the most powerful handgun now what is the most powerful handgun that is not a NFA DD.

That would be a 458 Win Mag or 458 Lott Keep in mind this is only my opinion not official.

I use a .454 casual for bear hunting. It is really not that practical of a gun though. If you shoot it more than 6 rounds or so, you start to flinch and have to stop. If you shoot it more than 10 rounds bare handed, you can actually damage the muscles in your hand (it will hurt for a couple of days). If you use a gel glove you can shoot a little more.

I personally would not be interested in using anything bigger than that--you would just be training yourself to flinch at every shot!

my boss shoots a Magnum Research BFR in 450 Marlin. Thought this gun was over the top but lighting off the .600 Nitro Express! Damn.

BFR_Long-Cyl.jpg

I imagine we are a scant few years until the Coyle .900 hits the market, comes with a helmet, neck and arm brace.

That won't be until he perfects the art of holding a loaded a 700 grain .500 cartridge in a nomex gloved hand and sets it off with a ball peen hammer and a steel punch.

Back
Top Bottom