Mossberg Loc-Box is now available

SA,

I'd strongly recommend the Fort Knox model, linked above in this thread.

It's made of 10 gauge steel which is two gauges thicker than the steel in the Gun Vault line, and it features the Simplex type lock.

The retail is about $189, but I'll bet you could shop around and save (ebay, etc.).

So, a locked front door, locked back door and locked windows don't count as a "secure container"?

No... or a better way of putting it, is... "good luck with that.". There may be a way to turn a room into a secure container (eg, like a locked closet) but you'd want to make sure that the security on that room was above average. I wouldn't consider a typical room in a house with a locked door to be "enough" though. Where the line in the sand actually is on that, is open to interpretation.

-Mike

Last edited:
Buy a secure container large enough to sleep in. Borderline bulletproof so you're protected, meets the legal requirements, and can double as a coffin if necessary! [smile]

Or just move out of this damned state.

No... or a better way of putting it, is... "good luck with that.". There may be a way to turn a room into a secure container (eg, like a locked closet) but you'd want to make sure that the security on that room was above average. I wouldn't consider a typical room in a house with a locked door to be "enough" though. Where the line in the sand actually is on that, is open to interpretation.

-Mike

I should have added /SARC to that, sorry. This is Mass and I know the rules.... nothing is sufficient to appease the turds that float in the bowl of indignation known as the house legislature

Back
Top Bottom