Moron downrange photographer

Here's the best part IMHO. The photog's shirt is the same color as the targets!!

I'm thinking they have to be shoooting blanks. I can't believe anyone would be that stupid.

At the next NES car shoot... I volunteer to be the photographer sitting in the car so we can have really cool photos of the car's point of view [grin] Just promise not to shoot me okay? Good.

At the next NES car shoot... I volunteer to be the photographer sitting in the car so we can have really cool photos of the car's point of view [grin] Just promise not to shoot me okay? Good.

Have your will made out in advance, please. I get dibs on your guns.

DSCF0035.jpg

Here's the best part IMHO. The photog's shirt is the same color as the targets!!

I'm thinking they have to be shoooting blanks. I can't believe anyone would be that stupid.

Pretty sure that most semi's won't fully cycle with blanks. Someone else pointed out when I called BS that you can see the Glock working fine, as well as the other pistols aren't being racked after each shot.

Pretty sure that most semi's won't fully cycle with blanks. Someone else pointed out when I called BS that you can see the Glock working fine, as well as the other pistols aren't being racked after each shot.

They will cycle if there is something to put back pressure on the exhaust port/breach.

You know those gun accidents that you read about in the newspaper...the ones that make you think, "How the hell could that ever happen?"

This seems like one of those times [frown]

I don't understand why just one of the shooters didn't put a stop to this BEFORE it started. I would have thrown a veritable fit if this took place in a clas I was attending.

Dumbest ass I ever saw. Would you fire with that loon sitting there? Iwouldn't.
I wouldn't have been on the range while that was happening -- I would have packed up and left if I wasn't able put a stop to it. I wouldn't want to be around when someone else put a round into the photographer.

Don't stick around and watch the show. Nothing good can come from it.

Students were just training to avoid hitting the friendly cowering in the ditch alongside the goblins. [rolleyes]

Lotsa balls rubbin' together on that line; not so many brain cells.

I frankly can't see what is wrong with this. If you know and trust those on the other side of the line, go for it.

Like someone else said, military units do stuff like that and even crazier.

When you think about it, when we train, we train to hit our target. Stray rounds are unacceptable in a defensive situation as there is huge liability to hitting a bystander that even Stand Your Ground laws do not shield. I bet that man there made all the shooters around him bear down hard on the job at hand.

I liken that to me taking my wife up in the air for the first time after becoming a certificated pilot. Yes, I am supposed to know what I am doing, but if I screw up it's not just me who buys the farm. It's someone innocent who trusts in me.

Same difference.

I frankly can't see what is wrong with this. If you know and trust those on the other side of the line, go for it.

If it was anyone else posting this, I'd say they were trolling. But I'm guessing you're 100% serious. [shocked]

When stupidity and infinity collide.

Wow.

If you know and trust those on the other side of the line, go for it.

Do you "know and trust" all the flying and/or stinging insects in the area too?

You can be the best shot in the world, but unless you are in complete control of your environment and have eliminated the possibility of any external elements getting in your zone, it means dick, where something as basic as "Don't shoot at the target when there's a guy sitting right next to the damn thing" is concerned.

You can be the best shot in the world, but unless you are in complete control of your environment and have eliminated the possibility of any external elements getting in your zone, it means dick, where something as basic as "Don't shoot at the target when there's a guy sitting right next to the damn thing" is concerned.

When the shit hits the fan and push comes to shove, we will be under pressure that will make a stinging cloud of African man-eating mosquitoes pale in comparison.

At that time of supreme stress we must perform at 100% with a firearm lest an innocent be harmed.

I don't know about all the rest of you, but the very first reason I have for owning firearms is self defense. Shooting is, to me, a martial art first and foremost. The sporting aspect of it is a distant second.

I would like my training to be as realistic as possible and as stressful as possible. Kudos to Yeager for making it so.

There are no targets in real life. Just other humans that want to hurt you real bad and around them are innocent humans who want no part of your battle.

I guess I have a martial, spartan mindset about this. If that makes me weird or a freak in all of your eyes, so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the shit hits the fan and push comes to shove, we will be under pressure that will make a stinging cloud of African man-eating mosquitoes pale in comparison.

At that time of supreme stress we must perform at 100% with a firearm lest an innocent be harmed.

I don't know about all the rest of you, but the very first reason I have for owning firearms is self defense. Shooting is, to me, a martial art first and foremost. The sporting aspect of it is a distant second.

I would like my training to be as realistic as possible and as stressful as possible. Kudos to Yeager for making it so.

There are no targets in real life. Just other humans that want to hurt you real bad and around them are innocent humans who want no part of your battle.

I guess I have a martial, spartan mindset about this. If that makes me weird or a freak in all of your eyes, so be it.

Your right! Im nominating you to be down range this weekend for a shoot, i wanna see what its like....if your up for it.

I see Jose's point. Heck they are all consenting adults, unfortunately being stupid is sometimes against the law. Of course there are safe ways to get the same picture and there are safe ways to build stress into training. If you really want live fire drills with humans downrange ask Uncle Sam. Or visit your local PMC.

Your right! Im nominating you to be down range this weekend for a shoot, i wanna see what its like....if your up for it.
You may not agree with me but I articulated why I think the way I do. Maybe you can't do the same and resort to sophomoric remarks?

Like someone else said, military units do stuff like that and even crazier.

When you think about it, when we train, we train to hit our target. Stray rounds are unacceptable in a defensive situation as there is huge liability to hitting a bystander that even Stand Your Ground laws do not shield. I bet that man there made all the shooters around him bear down hard on the job at hand.

I liken that to me taking my wife up in the air for the first time after becoming a certificated pilot. Yes, I am supposed to know what I am doing, but if I screw up it's not just me who buys the farm. It's someone innocent who trusts in me.

Same difference.

I get what your saying - the problem is that what this guy was doing wasn't "military" - as far as the video seems to indicate, you are talking about a bunch of civilians. If for no other reason he shouldn't be doing this because of the potential shitstorm that would fly if he was to ever get killed and the anti's ever got hold of it.

For reference go back and find the response to the kid who killed by the Uzi here in MA a few months ago.

You may not agree with me but I articulated why I think the way I do. Maybe you can't do the same and resort to sophomoric remarks?

your right you did, i just thought it was funny, im not smart enough to articulate how I dont think its a good idea to shoot at people who are not trying to kill me.

What part of MANSLAUGHTER don't you understand?

Save that same speech for the widow of the guy who you've blown away because a mosquito bit you in the neck as you were sending lead downrange. I'm sure it'll be soothing to her and his family that you got to practice under the most realistically stressful of situations because of his contribution. And, if you want stress, then give that squatter a pistol and have he send lead your way, too. THAT would most certainly raise the stress level, wouldn't it?

Please don't come to Connecticut and shoot at our ranges if that's the opinion you have about this abomination of an exercise. That entire exercise is an affront to the entire hobby and should be summarily be condemned. Those aren't experienced Blackwater assault troops running a private exercise on some island. These are bankers, bricklayers, and Quickymart clerks learning the basics of defensive shooting. Putting a human being into deadly harms way purposefully in front of them is 100% unconscionable, period, end of discussion.

And, any shooter who attended this mess who didn't immediately quit and pack up his stuff deserves the memories of what might happen as that guy keels over in a pool of his own blood because of a slipped finger or distraction over a stovepipe or some other minor occurance put a round though his brain. Yep, they would really remember that excercise wouldn't they.

Cabinetman

What part of MANSLAUGHTER don't you understand?

Save that same speech for the widow of the guy who you've blown away because a mosquito bit you in the neck as you were sending lead downrange. I'm sure it'll be soothing to her and his family that you got to practice under the most realistically stressful of situations because of his contribution. And, if you want stress, then give that squatter a pistol and have he send lead your way, too. THAT would most certainly raise the stress level, wouldn't it?

Please don't come to Connecticut and shoot at our ranges if that's the opinion you have about this abomination of an exercise. That entire exercise is an affront to the entire hobby and should be summarily be condemned. Those aren't experienced Blackwater assault troops running a private exercise on some island. These are bankers, bricklayers, and Quickymart clerks learning the basics of defensive shooting. Putting a human being into deadly harms way purposefully in front of them is 100% unconscionable, period, end of discussion.

And, any shooter who attended this mess who didn't immediately quit and pack up his stuff deserves the memories of what might happen as that guy keels over in a pool of his own blood because of a slipped finger or distraction over a stovepipe or some other minor occurance put a round though his brain. Yep, they would really remember that excercise wouldn't they.

Cabinetman

I think what Jose is trying to say - is that to him it's a little bit more than a "hobby" and, in the presence of properly trained people - and in the right training situation - having someone downrange is understandable.

I still think the guy is an idiot, because like you said: we aren't dealing with a military unit here. And - all he was doing was taking a picture, there are far safer ways to accomplish that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom