Moron downrange photographer

That is truly frightening and makes everyone of us look bad in the eyes of the public who will think all clubs and ranges behave in this manner.

That facility should be closed down immediately as a real and immediate danger to staff and students.

Best,

Rich

That facility should be closed down immediately as a real and immediate danger to staff and students.

He's a traveling instructor. My guess he doesn't have his own facility. The fault lies with the instructor, not the club he was teaching at.

This is.....

I just don't have the words.

I thought, "Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ" is he really in front of the line? If it's a fake, it's the anti-gun crowd stooping to new lows, but if it's real, it may be the dumbest Goddamn thing I've seen in years.

I think it's fine

If you're stupid enough to stand in front of a live firing line and think your camera is going to protect you, then you deserve to be there.

If you are on the firing line and you see someone stupid enough to stand in front of you...and you are so stupid that you actually throw some lead down range you deserve the consequences.

That photographer has to be, simultaneously, the most brave man I've ever seen, and the most STUPID idiot (and the LUCKIEST) to walk the earth and still be BREATHING.

He merely enlarges my view of the depths of stupidity that a man can sink to.

That photographer has to be, simultaneously, the most brave man I've ever seen, and the most STUPID idiot (and the LUCKIEST) to walk the earth and still be BREATHING.

He merely enlarges my view of the depths of stupidity that a man can sink to.

You cannot fix stupidity nor legislate it away.

Those guys are a lost cause.

Since IANAL, I wonder who could have been charged if the photog was shot in the head? I imagine it would be at least the instructor and the shooter? But what about all the other shooters? The ones 10 people away? Still as liable from a LEGAL standpoint? Since this most likely wasn't a 101 class, you'd expect each shooter to know basic safety rules, so I would expect they could be legally liable? Dunno.

Edited to add- couldn't the instructor be legally charged just from this video, even though photog wasn't shot? Seems like reckless endangerment or assault with deadly weapon or something.

I wonder if this was the photographer:

Tactical Photographer Course
Sponsored by Tactical Response

Date: July 25, 2009

Instructor: Don Reber
27 Years in the Photo Industry, Photographing Shuttle Launches to National SWAT Competitions.
Published images in a variety of Publications, including- SWAT Magazine, Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement, and Glock Annual.

Course Description:

Photography goes "Tactical"!

A comprehensive course designed to make you a better shooter! (Of pictures)
Learn what it takes to get in the action, and come back with a winning shot.
Get the most out of your equipment to get the images you want. "Don't just TAKE
a shot, MAKE a shot".

Main Topics:

Photo Gear Selection
Mastering Camera Controls
Camera Modes Explained
Metering / Exposure / Light
Shooting Action
Low-Light Photography
Macro / Close-Up Techniques
Flash Photography Tips
Utilizing Proper Lenses
Composition Techniques
Camera Maintenance
And More...

Equipment List:

Students can bring any camera. However, digital is preferred, to give faster feedback.
A (SLR) camera with interchangeable lenses also preferred. Bring any accessories as well.

Cost: $125.00

DON REBER
TACTICAL PHOTOGRAPHER
"Images of Today's Warrior!"

http://www.tacticalphotographer.us

http://web.me.com/donreber

Events:
http://tacticalphotographer.lifepics.com

Voice Contact:

James Yeager CEO: 731-336-4602
[email protected]
TRAINING: www.TacticalResponse.com 877-7LETHAL
GEAR: www.TacticalResponseGear.com 866-TAC-GEAR
Click Here To See When Tactical Response Will Be Teaching A Class Near You!

Tactical Response shave's with Occam's Razor.

http://getoffthex.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/588104742/m/618109321?r=248104742#248104742

Last edited:
People take chances all the time and calculated risks. This is not a risk that even remotely needs to be taken. You can only tempt fate X amount of times. If you play the game too long, you will eventually lose. That photographer should know it's time to smarten up or fate will bite him in the ass.

Nice for $125 this guy is willing to have bullets flying 3' on both sides of his head. Maybe he should join a freak show. [wink]

Since IANAL, I wonder who could have been charged if the photog was shot in the head? I imagine it would be at least the instructor and the shooter? But what about all the other shooters? The ones 10 people away? Still as liable from a LEGAL standpoint? Since this most likely wasn't a 101 class, you'd expect each shooter to know basic safety rules, so I would expect they could be legally liable? Dunno.

Edited to add- couldn't the instructor be legally charged just from this video, even though photog wasn't shot? Seems like reckless endangerment or assault with deadly weapon or something.

IANAL. It is my understanding that the typical practice in lawsuits is to sue everyone. While I think the instructor and shooter would have the most liability, it is possible that other shooters on the line and the club itself could also be found liable.

As for criminal charges just for the video, could those really be brought if the photographer was a willing participant and would likely not file charges?

Last edited:
This is why stupid should hurt because this ass clown clearly had no clue the danger he put himself in. and the fact that he didn't even flinch says he's probably been around guns or the range for a while. but still hasn't figured out that standing in front of a dozen gunmen might be a tad dangerous.

Definitely a bunch of retards, no argument there.

Are we sure this video is real? For the amount of shooting going on, there's remarkable little reaction on the backstop. I think I can only identify one puff on the dirt after multiple viewings. I'm tentatively calling BS on this.

Definitely a bunch of retards, no argument there.

Are we sure this video is real? For the amount of shooting going on, there's remarkable little reaction on the backstop. I think I can only identify one puff on the dirt after multiple viewings. I'm tentatively calling BS on this.

Looks real to me. Look at the the Glock shot by the guy in the white shirt. Slide cycles and gun recoils. Look at his web site: http://www.tacticalresponse.com

There are a number of other photos on that site that appear to be taken from in front of an active firing line.

And I thought this photo was stupid!

Well, that I can sort of see the logic. It's just this particular military's way of forcing the shooter to think about he's doing. I've seen similar, really dangerous training techniques that some foreign militarys use. May seem extreme to the politically correct West, but in other cultures, it's just being "hardcore".

The video in the original post however, that was absolute stupidity and makes us all look bad.

Looks real to me. Look at the the Glock shot by the guy in the white shirt. Slide cycles and gun recoils. Look at his web site: http://www.tacticalresponse.com

There are a number of other photos on that site that appear to be taken from in front of an active firing line.

I would but the work firewall doesn't particularly like that site. I caught the backstop thing when watching and wondering why the video quality goes in and out. Didn't catch the slide cycling though. Guess this is real... What a bunch of dumbasses [slap]

For me the worst part was some of the comments beneath the video...posters saying things like "get over it, this is perfectly safe if you know what you're doing."

yikes.

For me the worst part was some of the comments beneath the video...posters saying things like "get over it, this is perfectly safe if you know what you're doing."

yikes.

I was stunned by the same thing. How can anyone excuse such stupidity?
I can't believe that the cameraman, the instructor and every shooter on the line could do something so reckless. Talk about a case of group insanity.
Everyone involved deserves to lose their LTC.

I hesitantly say that I've done more dangerous things in the army during training. the problem is, that ostensibly it's being done by more highly trained individuals in the army.

But, I'll tell you what. when you're in basic and you get teamed up with the guy who can't hit the broad side of a barn to do the 3-5 second rush live fire drill with, it's a hairy place to be.

Back
Top Bottom