More AG interference with gun shops... Anyone else?

Any dealer or person that supports "cop only" items, or the exemptions provided cops, can take a long walk off a short bridge...

This is literally every dealer.

4s has Leo only guns last I checked, CCGW does, Gartman Arms Does, thought Collectors Gallery did but I could be mistaken... But they're literally all over the place.

Has anyone here seen a copy of the actual letter? That's the first thing I would request from any distributor making such demands. Said letter would then go to GOAL, Comm2A, NSSF, and any other organization that might bring publicity and legal action against the AG.

I would think, if the letter exists, and the retail price of ammo went up because the retailers had to use alternate, more expensive, sources, this would give any consumer standing to file against the AG. Imagine choking the system with a thousand complaints. They may not ever go to court, but they would get noticed.

I think Maura is on much shakier legal grounds here than she was with the AW enforcement notice, similar to the out of state ammo sales issue. But at the end of the day it's on private companies to call her on her bullshit and just ignore it.

The most shes legally entitled to do here would be to send a letter saying "if you have copies of a dealer's licenses and you validate them, that's a safe harbor against enforcement if their license is revoked/expires/is no longer valid". I suspect that's what she did. That's an implicit threat, but the fact remains that it's not illegal for a distributor to sell to a licensed dealer without a particular type of verification. It's just illegal to sell to them if they actually are not licensed.

All of it is BS. But who wants to be the test case?? Most of us (probably myself included) don't have the stones. It took TSUSA to show that her ammo ban was total BS. Who is willing to sell and buy a AWB-legal AR in MA right now? Anyone? All it takes is one test case to show her entire "enforcement notice" is bullspit.

Or you become a PP.

This sucks big donkey testes.

I'll talk to my FFL son in Fitzwilliam, NH about this. He already brings in stuff for me that the dist. won't ship to me. Some time ago, Camfour wanted a pic. of my storefront. I told them that I was an 07, had a factory, and sent them pic. of the mill in Littleton. That worked. Many ways to skin a cat. Jack.

I ordered a bolt gun from Bud’s last week and they made me (for the first time ever and I’ve bought a number of guns through them over the years) send them a copy of my LTC before they’d ship. Must be related to this. As previously pointed out this is dumb since the transferring FFL has to check out his plus do the Federal check.

She can't fall down the stairs fast enough. Her and her personal agenda can f off. This has to be illegal. What's next what power tools I can buy?

I ordered a bolt gun from Bud’s last week and they made me (for the first time ever and I’ve bought a number of guns through them over the years) send them a copy of my LTC before they’d ship. Must be related to this. As previously pointed out this is dumb since the transferring FFL has to check out his plus do the Federal check.
Maybe the originating FFL has been burned by shipping to a transferring FFL,
who then discovers the sale can't be consummated because the buyer is deficient;
and the originator was on the hook to pay for the return shipping.

Or not.
But word is that's a popular way for out of state FFLs to be hypersensitive.

Maybe the originating FFL has been burned by shipping to a transferring FFL,
who then discovers the sale can't be consummated because the buyer is deficient;
and the originator was on the hook to pay for the return shipping.

Or not.
But word is that's a popular way for out of state FFLs to be hypersensitive.

They have the guys money for a "bolt gun" so I'm sure the originating dealer is not losing anything.

All threats to eventually block all access by fear and intimidation. Meanwhile more shops lose money and close the doors. Mission accomplished.

I thought every interstate shipment would need a copy of the receiver’s FFL anyway? Places in Texas asked for that when I shipped here.

No it's just puds being the typical douchebags that they are.... AG probably blew some smoke up their ass too.... maybe these remotes need to retain an attorney like the one Target Sports has.. . Most of this crap wouldn't be an issue because they wouldn't put up with her garbage on the front end...

It sucks to live in Mass. The large out of state dealers likely weigh the cost of fighting Morona in court against the sales they do in Mass and many have obviously concluded that they don't lose enough sales here to pay for a court fight. The political climate here has already created a situation whereby sales of firearms and related items likely lags behind the free states so we are now sliding down the slippery slope to where gun makers and distributors are writing us off.

I think that the only cost effective way for them to take legal action would be for them to band together. I have no idea if they would do that, some of them may not want to join forces with competitors for us little people. Who knows?

It sucks to live in Mass. The large out of state dealers likely weigh the cost of fighting Morona in court against the sales they do in Mass and many have obviously concluded that they don't lose enough sales here to pay for a court fight. The political climate here has already created a situation whereby sales of firearms and related items likely lags behind the free states so we are now sliding down the slippery slope to where gun makers and distributors are writing us off.

I think that the only cost effective way for them to take legal action would be for them to band together. I have no idea if they would do that, some of them may not want to join forces with competitors for us little people. Who knows?

There is likely no actual "court fight" with the kind of BS we're talking about in this thread, they just don't have the balls/willingness/money to pay an attorney to tell the AGs goon squad to f*** off because their claim has no legal basis. Most of these firms won't even play when they have the upper hand. Of course part of the problem is even when some of them do get attorneys, their attorneys not likely versed in firearms law. They're obviously not talking to people like Keith Langer, nstassel, or any of the other competent MA firearms attorneys. Even if they have an in house attorney or one they call, the guy probably knows more about tax laws, or crap like that. Those people have a role too but they are usually clueless WRT firearms law.

They won't spend a dime on "banding together" because they're too cheap to even pay their own attorney most of the time to address the threat. And MA is too small of a market for most of them. AGs goons call, they blow smoke, vendor rolls with no pushback. And yes, I know the AGs office has gone to consent decree enema route etc with some of them, but under healy the smoke blowing has reached a new level of retardation, most of it not backed up by any law imaginable. It's pretty obvious for me, for example, that Target Sports (and perhaps some others) braced them and told them in no uncertain terms that their business is in compliance with applicable laws and that they wouldn't back down... and guess what, the AGs office goes and screws because someone actually stood up to the bully.

-Mike

This is correct they required that I send them a copy of my LTC as well as normal FFL info. I’ve bought from them several times before and this was not required, just the FFL. This is for a Savage bolt action hunting rifle.

Asked for LTC, not FFL. For a bolt gun. In about 45 states, it would be laughable.

This is correct they required that I send them a copy of my LTC as well as normal FFL info. I’ve bought from them several times before and this was not required, just the FFL. This is for a Savage bolt action hunting rifle.

I'll be down there in a couple weeks, I'll ask what changed.

Back
Top Bottom