• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More AG interference with gun shops... Anyone else?

Ran into this myself, then heard it from a few local shops today...

Apparently the AG sent out a few letters recently to out-of-state distributors, telling them that they'd face fines and penalties for shipping firearms OR ammunition to FFLs in MA unless they had on file a a copy of the FFLs state license to sell firearms AND license to sell ammunition (as opposed to just the FFL), and a written confirmation of their validity from the state.

Her office also apparently informed two of the distributors I do business with that Keltec Sub2000s and SU16s were forbidden due to "folding stock" (the former has a folding barrel - not stock, and the latter has a folding trigger group + stock but that would be the only evil feature).

This screwed me up as I was unable to fulfill orders already placed until the information was sent and the the confirmation received, and one item was out of stock by the time it was done while the other had to be sourced elsewhere for a much higher cost (goodbye profit) since the distributors legal department advised them not to ship it.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Hadn't heard of it but it wouldn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that she would do this without a press conference.

Smart however, if she can shut down all supplies coming into MA FFLs, she can dry up the supply of guns/ammo without legislation banning possession.

and how the hell will they know what the other business has. Even so, how tough is it to fax or e-mail those documents.

Threatening the livelihood of people who are very likely NSSF members and indirectly supporting the suit against her.
She doesn't care and she'll be long gone before any suit gets a day in court, if she can't get each case thrown out procedurally, which she is pretty good at getting her way.

I know there are some non-state-dealer FFLs in MA (at least 2 I know personally) is this a play at shutting down "hobby" FFLs maybe? Or double-duty to take a swipe at real small businesses while she's at it? I'll admit I know nothing about how to set up a non-state-dealer FFL 02/07 as I've only ever worked on setting up dealers.

Apparently the AG sent out a few letters recently to out-of-state distributors, telling them that they'd face fines and penalties for shipping firearms OR ammunition to FFLs in MA unless they had on file a a copy of the FFLs state license to sell firearms AND license to sell ammunition (as opposed to just the FFL), and a written confirmation of their validity from the state.

So you have to have a FFL, an ammunition retailers license, and written confirmation of their "validity". That's freaking ridiculous.

I guess next time I get stoped by the police am I going to have to show my license, registration and letters from the RMV and my insurance company saying that my documents are valid.

But what about the written confirmation? Maybe I could get written confirmation from the BATFE to confirm that my written confirmation for my license is good.

My head hurts.

Bob

She's threatening the other half of an interstate transaction with fines for not doing an extreme amount of due diligence on a perfectly legal business transaction. Out of state sellers (without a presence in MA) should tell her to F off. Good luck collecting your bullshit fines.

Wait a second... That's how the f***ing business works. You're supposed to inbound to an FFL and do the transfer at that point....

That's literally how the law says it has to happen. What the actual f***ing hell?

Me too but it will never happen.

What if complaints were lodged to them about her? By "We the People" or the shops? The OP has been blocked, he should have standing, right? Although the ATF ignored the complaints about the woman that made the illegal SBR...

Last edited:
I know there are some non-state-dealer FFLs in MA (at least 2 I know personally) is this a play at shutting down "hobby" FFLs maybe? Or double-duty to take a swipe at real small businesses while she's at it? I'll admit I know nothing about how to set up a non-state-dealer FFL 02/07 as I've only ever worked on setting up dealers.

So the Obama ATF reignites the kitchen-table dealer to stop illegal guns and Muuuaaarrraaahhh shuts them down for the same reason, just 2 years later. LOL

I have an acct with a big distributor. They sent an email to me asking me to sign an affidavit about selling mags in ma (only hi caps to LEO) and asked for my ammunition selling license. But I do not sell ammo, nor have an ffl (I used to sell non regulated police supplies). I singed it, sent them my statement about not selling guns or ammo. Never heard back and have not yet tried to place an order since. This was 2-3 weeks ago.

Hey @Comm2A - is this how Maura accidentally helps us get ownership protected by the Interstate Commerce Clause? Because that would be sexy as hell.

Clearly, I wouldn't askanyone to comment on strategy or ongoing anythings for obvious reasons.

Hey @Comm2A - is this how Maura accidentally helps us get ownership protected by the Interstate Commerce Clause? Because that would be sexy as hell.

Clearly, I wouldn't askanyone to comment on strategy or ongoing anythings for obvious reasons.

I was curious if there was a problem with the states record system if you have to show validity to your licensure.

Hmm.... A reputable dealer today told me "The AG has been silent lately, this is not good, she is up to something....."
They just haven't gotten their letter yet..... It's in the mail.....

FTC takes complaints directly. I think the NSSF could file on behalf of members so that the AG couldn't single out a shop for retribution?
NSSF would be a logical first step for these businesses.

Got that same BS email from RSR Group.

I deleted the email and put them on my block list and stopped doing business with them.

There are other distributors out there to deal with.

And if any dealers are still having problems getting items let me know and I should be able to help shit if I have to I will go get a FFL in NH just to sell to Ma. dealers because the AG and this state can kiss my ASS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom