Mobile storage

So I just got a new job that doesn't allow me to carry while on the clock. Generally I would just carry and say if they find out I'm carrying it's because I had to use the gun, however it's much more likely in this position they would see my edc by mistake.
So until I can get a smaller revolver for pocket or ankle carry I need to be able to store the gun in my trunk or in my car somewhere.

I've been looking at the stack on and gun vault boxes and wanted to see if anyone had a preference either way.

Thinking of picking this one up.

GunVault NanoVault 100 Key Handgun Safe - Dick's Sporting Goods

I guess my main concern is durability....I'm working in Chelsea and Everett. The parking lots are well lit and are in plazas but I want a little more than a visual deterrent. I don't want something that can be popped open in 5 seconds with a flathead screwdriver

I have soemthing very similar. It won't stop a determined criminal, but it will stop them from just grabbing it quickly and walking away.

I have a question about this....is it legal to leave your unlocked firearm in your car while you're at work in Massachusetts? Pardon my ignorance, but I'm still trying to learn all the intricacies of the Massachusetts laws. Thank you!

I have the same as pictured by the OP. I think they are mainly good for protection against a "passive thief". If somebody wants in it, they can probably get in with a screwdriver.

KNFMN - I tend to forget the letter of the law but believe the gun must be in a locked case or in a locked trunk. I do both. Plust I'm not sure if the gun hast to be unloaded so I do that too when storing in the car within a safe.

When we were in MA my wife and I each had one in our vehicles, cabled to the under frame of the passenger seat. Invisible from out and inside, we'd just pull it out, lock up and tuck it back under the seat. Still have and use them if necessary, they are OK in my book.

I have the Nano Vault. If someones determined, they'll get it open or yanked off of the cable. May hold up against the average junkie or kid breaking into cars though.

The issue I have is in my car, the lever for moving the seat forward or backward makes it hard to get it under and out from under the seat. There's also a hump in the floor under the seats which adds to the difficulty. Take a look under your seat or wherever you plan on putting it to see if anythings going to be in the way.

I have one of those, but opted for the combination lock instead of key. I hate having to have a bunch of keys, plus to access it in an emergency could be a problem if you lost or couldn't get to the key. As said, it could be pryed open IF someone happened to have big screwdriver/pry bar in their pocket, but that goes for about any lockbox you can have for the most part. The important thing is that they are easy and quick to secure to a seat frame, or other solid structure to prevent someone from just taking the whole box to open later. I have used mine for travel too.

Back
Top Bottom