Milton firefighter shot in Quincy in alleged road rage attack

RickJamesCocaine.jpg

[laugh2] Love the username on the photobucket link - "Satansbuttfungus"

That was a pre-meditated murder...

Did he have an LTC and other legal firearms?

No, he was a convicted felon who'd previously served time for murder and gun charges. Maybe I'm just tired, but I don't see where you're going with this.

Indeed, the key point that people/press seem to miss though is that you are talking about a situation in which IF (big giant IF, not passing judgment on this situation) lethal force was justified by the shooter, then asking him to stay in a situation in which he felt is life was threatened is pretty silly...

That doesn't mean that as you are extricating yourself from the situation you aren't also dialing 911...

Exactly.

No, he was a convicted felon who'd previously served time for murder and gun charges. Maybe I'm just tired, but I don't see where you're going with this.
Where I was going was that the plausibility of an illicit gun makes perfect sense of the crime is planned. It makes little sense if it wasn't.

Where I was going was that the plausibility of an illicit gun makes perfect sense of the crime is planned. It makes little sense if it wasn't.

Oh, OK, gotcha.

But in Mass. one doesn't need to seek out an illicit gun to have one that the state doesn't know about. The FA-10/CHSB system is so murky that he could easily have legally bought a gun that they have no knowledge of, simply because the system sucks.

The funny thing is that the liberal media here is having to backpedal. I remember the original story was that a firefighter and former marine (which I haven't heard since the first report) was gunned down. Now they're having to look at it as maybe the attacker was actually the victim. The one thing I don't understand.....if that was the case, why the hell did he flee and hide for 3 days. Even if he was in serious fear of his life, this is not going to help him.

The funny thing is that the liberal media here is having to backpedal. I remember the original story was that a firefighter and former marine (which I haven't heard since the first report) was gunned down. Now they're having to look at it as maybe the attacker was actually the victim. The one thing I don't understand.....if that was the case, why the hell did he flee and hide for 3 days. Even if he was in serious fear of his life, this is not going to help him.

Well and that's just it. The shooter - even if in fear for his life, screwed the pooch on this entire affair. Unless he got forced off the road - PIT maneuvered by Cokie the Fireman, he should have put the hammer down on his Porche and GTFO - before all this went down. Instead, all puffy-chested, he played "tap the brakes" and then pulled over and got into a confrontation that should have never happened. Then, he pops Cokie and heads for z hills, where he hides for 3-days. Stupid games - stupid prizes is in full effect here...If he was the victim, his message is gonzo...

Well and that's just it. The shooter - even if in fear for his life, screwed the pooch on this entire affair. Unless he got forced off the road - PIT maneuvered by Cokie the Fireman, he should have put the hammer down on his Porche and GTFO - before all this went down. Instead, all puffy-chested, he played "tap the brakes" and then pulled over and got into a confrontation that should have never happened. Then, he pops Cokie and heads for z hills, where he hides for 3-days. Stupid games - stupid prizes is in full effect here...If he was the victim, his message is gonzo...

+1. I agree completely. If he'd just ignored the @#$@head tailgating him and driven away, this never would have happened. Now he's got a very good chance of a spending a long time in prison.

Well, that is probably his only salvation. If Cokie the Firefighter (btw...that was a great nickname!) did force him off the road, then he might have some ground. He still needs to explain fleeing and hiding for 3 days. The whole "it wasn't me" isn't going to work. I think they have enough video evidence to prove it was him.

Agree.

Duty to retreat obviously was not followed here.

Agree.

Duty to retreat obviously was not followed here.

I guess it depends on how random this whole thing was. If someone is chasing you (you recognize the vehicle), trying to run you off the road/ram you, etc, and you don't want to put innocent people at risk with a high speed escape, sooner or later you need to stop to defend yourself, right? Maybe?

My guess is that the victim was under the influence of alcohol and waited to come forward.If he didn't he would prob. be facing drunk driving and drunk while carrying a firearm.Why stack the deck against yourself?

My guess is that the victim was under the influence of alcohol and waited to come forward.If he didn't he would prob. be facing drunk driving and drunk while carrying a firearm.Why stack the deck against yourself?

Well, we have no indication that was the case at this point. However, there is a good amount of evidence that the firefighter was coked up.

So, what if it is learned that Cokie the Fireman had actually rear-ended the guy. That could explain his stopping, and maybe even the shooting as self-defense (but none of the other stupid things he did assuming he really is the shooter). Personally, I'm awaiting further revelations before making up my mind either way.

So, what if it is learned that Cokie the Fireman had actually rear-ended the guy. That could explain his stopping, and maybe even the shooting as self-defense (but none of the other stupid things he did assuming he really is the shooter). Personally, I'm awaiting further revelations before making up my mind either way.

Well we are all speculating here. I agree we need more info before making a final decision.

I guess it depends on how random this whole thing was. If someone is chasing you (you recognize the vehicle), trying to run you off the road/ram you, etc, and you don't want to put innocent people at risk with a high speed escape, sooner or later you need to stop to defend yourself, right? Maybe?

No, pretty sure I'd call 911. This happened on a main rd in Quincy, I'd assume cops could respond pretty quickly.

Willing to bet the shooter was intoxicated also.

No, pretty sure I'd call 911. This happened on a main rd in Quincy, I'd assume cops could respond pretty quickly.

Willing to bet the shooter was intoxicated also.

Just playing devil's advocate (I actually agree that's it's likely that the shooter had some booze on board) -

But what if you don't have your cell phone on you, the battery is dead, you can't get reception (there are some dead zones in quincy - at least for AT&T), etc?

Oh, 2am on a Saturday, it's certainly possible he was drunk. Perhaps that is why he fled the scene, so a blood test could never be performed. However, the facts seem to be turning against the victim. I think we can all agree he shouldn't have gotten out of the car. Even if he was blocked from leaving, he was safer in his car.

The guys is trying to drive you off the road, he's going to cause you to crash at any minute.

OK, so you pull over, rush out of your car, Cokie rushes at you, you draw and fire. Cokie goes down. Fearing for your safety, you move away 30 yards and wait for the cavalry. When the cavalry arrive, you identify yourself, tell them that "I had to stop him because he was going to kill me," and ask for your lawyer.

But more likely, if you are in Porsche and he is in a Grand Cherokee, and it is 2 AM with no one on the roads, you just hit the skinny right pedal, leave him in the dust, and spare yourself all this happy horseshit.

Last edited:
OK, so you pull over, rush out of your car, Cokie rushes at you, you draw and fire. Cokie goes down. Fearing for your safety, you move away 30 yards and wait for the cavalry. When the cavalry arrive, you identify yourself, tell them that "I had to stop him because he was going to kill me," and ask for your lawyer.

But more likely, if you are in Porsche and he is in a Grand Cherokee, and it is 2 AM with no one on the roads, you must hit the skinny right pedal, leave him in the dust, and spare yourself all this happy horseshit.

How about this:

You know the guy, he's been messing with you and your family for a while. You know he's been questioned for beating his girlfriend and for the death of an infant - but nothing seems to stick. You know he's a firefighter so you are worried about calling the police, knowing they will take his side. Plus you have had a few drinks.

He's really riding your ass, is he going to follow you all the way back to your place? You stop the car to tell him to leave you alone once and for all. He charges you, he's going to beat your head in. You fire a single shot. He stops, but you are not sure if you even hit him, you sprint back to the car and take off.......

BTW, this is certainly not what I do!

How about this:

You know the guy, he's been messing with you and your family for a while. You know he's been questioned for beating his girlfriend and for the death of an infant - but nothing seems to stick. You know he's a firefighter so you are worried about calling the police, knowing they will take his side. Plus you have had a few drinks.

He's really riding your ass, is he going to follow you all the way back to your place? You stop the car to tell him to leave you alone once and for all. He charges you, he's going to beat your head in. You fire a single shot. He stops, but you are not sure if you even hit him, you sprint back to the car and take off.......

BTW, this is certainly not what I do!

Okay, can you elaborate on a few points? I'm not sure if you were saying "for instance" or these facts are true. I know he was most likely coked up and he has been very agressive. Did he actually beat his GF and possibly had a hand in the death of an infant? If so, please send us the sources....I just haven't heard this before.

How about this:

Oh, please. This guy screwed the pooch from beginning to end. You know it. I know it. His lawyer knows it.

Back
Top Bottom